Terrence Jones News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I saw that Oregon lost as well. Chalk that up with their loss to Portland and they really better start picking their game up. Cheno, no need to apologize, I'm a pretty thick-skinned individual and I have never seen you as a malicious poster. As for spelling some people really think it is "congradulations" and "supposably", I do realize that typos exist and this isn't an English class. Back to TJ, if he were to go to Oregon, hey, more power to him. He definitely looks to be 1-and-done, so I don't know how much that would help them. The nice thing with the AA's that Capel has signed is that while some have said they want to be 1&done, both Blake and WW stayed for a 2nd season. I think Tiny will end up staying for a 2nd season and TMG may be here all 4. And those players really do help, especially in recruiting. (especially may be spelled wrong).

How does that saying go?

If it looks like a ....

And it quacks like a ....

Then TJ will be a DUCK. :dance005:
lol

Note:
If last week's recruiting leader for TJ - has MOVED ON. (Washington).
Why haven't the others schools moved on?

Well, UK Calicats have moved on.
They are looking at Chris Hill, very seriously.

Jeff Capel hasn't released it, but TJ has already signed with Oklahoma.

Cheno, no need to apologize, I'm a pretty thick-skinned individual and I have never seen you as a malicious poster.

Yes there is. I shouldn't have said that. I lost my temper.
You're a good poster as well. I appreciate your understanding though.

Do you see a TREND with Romar-Washington?

First, Josh Smith says NO THANKS.

Then,

Terrence Jones says quack-quack. No thanks Romar.

Is there more bad news coming?

In about three weeks, a freshman will make a decision.
To stay or transfer.
This PG is not getting quality coaching.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanksgiving break usually gives people family-time, time to reflect.

The son has a break from school and can reflect on his visits and IF he wants a FIFTH visit.
The mother has time-off from work and can decide if she wants to travel and make a FIFTH visit.

It is also a time when a mother can talk to her son.

And a time when a coach can get a recruit to commit.

Stay Tune.............

Note:
In a recent poll by Percy.----Washington folks DO NOT WANT Terrence Jones.

The question pertain to poll: Who would be your TOP recruit for Washington?
Jefferson High (Ore.) star Terrence Jones 36%
Turkish standout Enes Kanter 45%
Kentwood High star Josh Smith 18%

Terrence Jones has lost more than 45 points.
What does this mean?
Washington is OUT!!

Last edited:
Well.....WHO saw the ucla game against Portland?

What a BLOWOUT?
ucla is going to be a joke this year.

And Terrence Jones was seeing the game and ,if there any more doubts....

ulca is OUT!

Looks like J.Meyers in not a believer that Terrence Jones will play in the PAC10.

"At the power forward position, Kentucky is working hard to land Terrence Jones and C.J. Leslie.
Both have games that fit in perfectly with the dribble/drive offense, and Kentucky is considered to be near the top - if not at the top - of both of their schools lists.
Kentucky has a good shot at landing at least one of these power forwards," by J.Meyers.

It is more likely for TJ to stay in the West.

Quack.Quack.

Looks like J.Meyers in not a believer that Terrence Jones will play in the PAC10.

"At the power forward position, Kentucky is working hard to land Terrence Jones and C.J. Leslie.
Both have games that fit in perfectly with the dribble/drive offense, and Kentucky is considered to be near the top - if not at the top - of both of their schools lists.
Kentucky has a good shot at landing at least one of these power forwards," by J.Meyers.

Quack.Quack.

You need to see a quack

Quack.Quack.

Reading your posts:

pic-gun_to_head.jpg

Did Terrence Jones really say it?

KENTUCKY is OUT....
(Washington is OUT...from last week.)

"Jones spent much of the fall traveling to campuses, taking visits designed to acquire the information and build relationships necessary to pick a school. But the early signing came and went and Jones still has five that he is considering – Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Oklahoma and Kansas.

“The coaches that are recruiting me have been doing a good job and making it really hard (to choose),” Jones said. “I have a great relationship with the coaches of all five schools.”

Jones said the weight of his recruiting decision will not diminish his commitment to the team. “My main focus is to win every game,” Jones said."DBinder-oregionain.

Sorry.

Here is a complete article...

DBinder, The Oregonian, November 30, 2009 2:46 p.m.

In the early morning darkness, the first signs of life along North Commercial Avenue are the headlights of vehicles that pull up alongside Jefferson High School.

The basketball players unfold themselves out of SUVs and sedans and make their way into the school, up a flight of stairs and into the building’s “old” gym.

It is 5:45 a.m. on a Monday. The lights overhead are bright. The noise of bouncing balls echoes against the tiled walls.

Pat Strickland, Jefferson’s coach, hands out boxes like early Christmas gifts: dark blue basketball sneakers embroidered with the Jordan Brand logo.

“I don’t want to see any of these boxes in the hallway or outside on the street,” Strickland said. “And I’ll know if it’s your because your initials are on the box.”

There is no back-talk in this group of 11 players. They get down to work quickly. There is no frivolity this early in the morning.

Jefferson is the two-time OSAA Class 5A champion, but the 2009-10 season holds the promise of something special. Senior Terrence Jones is one of the highest profile players in the nation, and the coming season could stamp him as one of the best players in state history.

The high school basketball season begins Monday. The Democrats, who open the season Monday night at Lincoln, have received preseason top 25 acclaim from several sources and are poised to take on a national-caliber schedule designed to prove their mettle.

“As a team we set a lot of goals,” said Jones, the team’s 6-foot-8 point guard. “Everyone is dedicated and working hard to achieve them. This is probably going to be one of the best teams ever at Jeff.”

Strickland, in his second year as the head coach, has determined that the way to hold his players accountable is to ask more of them. Hence, the 5:45 practice.

“Going early in the morning benefits us in a bunch of ways,” Strickland said. “First, you see who’s committed and who’s not committed. At this age, you hate getting up, period, and especially this early when everyone else on the West Coast is asleep.”

Additionally, players have their afternoons free and are encouraged to spend that time studying.

It also works for Strickland, who can go directly from practice to his day job as a Department of Human Services case worker several blocks from the high school.

On the court, Strickland barks orders with a style that is both approachable and no-nonsense. When it’s time to line up on a baseline and run suicides – conditioning drills sadistically designed to hurt – the grimaces tell the truth about earnest effort.

Come February, Strickland wants his players to remember how much it hurt in November.

Jones, for one, is pouring everything he has into this season. He knows it will not only define his own legacy as a possible three-time state champion, but it also could help his teammates earn scholarship money to continue their educations.

Jones spent much of the fall traveling to campuses, taking visits designed to acquire the information and build relationships necessary to pick a school. But the early signing came and went and Jones still has five that he is considering – Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Oklahoma and Kentucky.

“The coaches that are recruiting me have been doing a good job and making it really hard (to choose),” Jones said. “I have a great relationship with the coaches of all five schools.”

Jones said the weight of his recruiting decision will not diminish his commitment to the team.

“My main focus is to win every game,” Jones said.

In addition to eight returning players from last season, Jefferson added transfer Stephen Madison, a versatile 6-6 player with an accurate outside shot from Prairie High School in Southwest Washington. Madison has offers from Colorado State and Eastern Washington.

Senior guard Antoine Hosley has offers from Montana and Sacramento State. Another guard, Alex Johnson, is being recruited by Air Force. Noah Kone, a post player, is looking at a Division III school in California.

The motivation to get out of bed, and in the gym on time, is collective.

“I know my guys are going to be here and they want me to be here, so I know I’ve got people depending on me,” said Jones of his 5 a.m. wake-up time. “Everyone on this team wants something bigger – to be No. 1 in the nation.”

In this particular practice, Strickland will settle for his players running his plays correctly.

As two groups begin to scrimmage, Strickland turns critical as he picks apart mistakes as the players move through patterns on the court.

“Get to the spots you’re supposed to go!” the coach commands. “I’m not interested in anything else!”

The intensity rises to a higher level. Strickland halts the action when he is displeased with the attention to detail.

“I’m not interested in who’s scoring points. I’m interested in who’s running my stuff!” he says.

In the quiet of an office located next to the court, Strickland is relatively at ease and relaxed. He knows this team is going to be good.

But as good as the 2000 Democrats, who were ranked fourth in the nation?

Strickland defers on that question to a later date.

“I can tell you this – the pressure’s on,” Strickland said. “But at the end of the day, if we go out there and play defense and rebound and play together, we can have a special year.”

Jessie, I realize literacy may not be your strong point, but please learn to read articles first, then you can post on them.
"Jones still has five that he is considering – Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Oklahoma and Kentucky."
I realize they both start with the letter "K", but they are in fact different states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back