Terrence Jones News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Terrence Jones News!!!!!!!!

So my question is, when do we start a annual BBall event similar to these? Does the program have to get bigger? Or should we just start doing one and force ourselves to grow!!!

So my question is, when do we start a annual BBall event similar to these? Does the program have to get bigger? Or should we just start doing one and force ourselves to grow!!!

That is a good question cwilson. Last year, OU had a really successful Red/White scrimmage in the MFH. It was a full house and both the fans and players really seemed to enjoy it. I know that the coaches and marketing are trying to work something similar out for this season, but we wil have to see what happens.

That is a good question cwilson. Last year, OU had a really successful Red/White scrimmage in the MFH. It was a full house and both the fans and players really seemed to enjoy it. I know that the coaches and marketing are trying to work something similar out for this season, but we wil have to see what happens.

Yeah I went to that event and it was good and full. But, I still thought, do these people realize how cool this is, watching BG and WW that close in that type of setting was really cool.

I think that is the first step and the more we win the more attention our team will get. I actually think the Thunder will help the program in the long run. I just think we need a Bballs out event like this to substantiate that we are on a new level!!!

The mother of five-star power forward Terrence Jones says she has tentatively set up a run of official and unofficial vists for her son.

Jones, a 6-8 forward out of Portland (Ore.) Jefferson, has the following visits on tap:

Oct. 9 – Oklahoma

Oct. 16 – Washington

Oct. 23 – Arizona

Oct. 28 – Kentucky for Blue/White Game

Oct. 31 – Oregon (unofficial)

Nov. 6 – UCLA

Linda Mashia-Jones, Terrence’s mother and a former scholarship player at Washington, says Kansas may get an unofficial but she has not heard back from the staff.

“I have not heard from them,” she said. “He wants Arizona over Kansas [for an official visit]. You only get five, unless it’s going to be an unofficial.”

Linda said her son is playing his cards close to the vest — even with her – but he wants to commit in the fall.

“He would like to make a decision on the first go-round so this will be over,” she said. ”I think it would be a lot easier and a lot less stressful on him. He’s looking forward to relaxing and enjoying his senior year.

“If he waits until April, I just think it will just get worse. It will make the decision harder and more drawn out.”

She also said that a recent article indicating Jones is cousins with former NBA guard and current Memphis Grizzlies assistant Damon Stoudamire is not completely accurate because they aren’t blood relatives.

“They are cousins by marriage,” she said. “Terrence and Damon and Salim [Stoudamire], they do consider themselves cousins. It’s really not a blood thing.”

Hi DIRTY...

I heard that the visit at OU is going very well.
Any new updates about TJ and Linda?

Note: THE TOP 3 appear to be OKL,Arizona and Wash.

Looking at the schools involved with TJ: ucla and oregon have a long shot with landing him. I would not be surprised if the ucla trip is cancelled.

And also hearing that TJ will not play in the East.
So, Kentsucky is OUT.
(UK is rumored to be more interested in CJ.Leslie...he may commit to UK)

Hi DIRTY...

I heard that the visit at OU is going very well.
Any new updates about TJ and Linda?

Note: THE TOP 3 appear to be OKL,Arizona and Wash.

Looking at the schools involved with TJ: ucla and oregon have a long shot with landing him. I would not be surprised if the ucla trip is cancelled.

And also hearing that TJ will not play in the East.
So, Kentsucky is OUT.
(UK is rumored to be more interested in CJ.Leslie...he may commit to UK)

I think with Arizona landing Rod Odom, and Daniel Bejarano (2 wings) their chances might be hurt making it an OU Wash battle. Really hope Capel can get this kid in the crimson and cream.

Have you heard the latest on Terrence Jones and his official visits?

Terrence Jones will continue with his official visits and is excited about visiting U Dub. Big weekend coming up.

Note:
Lets see what the next 14 days produces with Terrence Jones.

Boomer and Dirty,

I was suprised that there isn't any NEWS on Terrence Jones, yet.

I told you about the heads up , on the Doron Lamb news.
The Arizona visit date has been changed.
(This one will get exciting...two old NYC guys going at it...Book and O.)

Maybe you should take a look at those two sites....
It may have some news SOON.

My boy AZ should have something and Wildcatsportreports has interesting insights as well....I'm just saying.

Later.

PS- I mentioned Boomer on AZ, a few days ago (comment section)
I will give Dirty a shout out ,on Adam Zag.

Boomer and Dirty,

I was suprised that there isn't any NEWS on Terrence Jones, yet.

I told you about the heads up , on the Doron Lamb news.
The Arizona visit date has been changed.
(This one will get exciting...two old NYC guys going at it...Book and O.)

Maybe you should take a look at those two sites....
It may have some news SOON.

My boy AZ should have something and Wildcatsportreports has interesting insights as well....I'm just saying.

Later.

PS- I mentioned Boomer on AZ, a few days ago (comment section)
I will give Dirty a shout out ,on Adam Zag.

Are you talking about when I thought AZ's chances would be hurt with DB and Odom? And, what website did you mention me on wildcatsportsreport?

Boomer,

REMEMBER....14 days for TJ and a possible decision.

I believe that it was on Adam Zag. (I have to check on wildcatsportsreport).
I made a comment about an AZ's article .
And at the end , I just put Boomer. (just saying hi...etc)
You may want to view both sites...you can see a pattern of discussions- w/ Book It.

Note:
AZ is a cool guy.
I gave him a heads up on the U$C firing of Tim F. and the Pitino SEX Scandal.
If you like to read, there are old comments on AZ site which outlines the aforementioned subject matters.

I hope AZ get at Book IT and the nephews touch the cousins on the back. King of earth is a cool dude. check it. Follow EndofEra tweet to TJ and Linda and Doron and Calvin and Shirley and Harrison. Once Malaika gets ahold to WW cellphone, Tommy and Gail are gonna post it with Calicat.

AZ and Book It gave me a shot out on Zags and KsR. I gave you a shot out on Widcatsportsreport sittin on Mike Stoops lap.

I'm not much for making outlandish predictions, but if we land Terrance Jones I'll be picking up to make a final four appearance next year as long as Tiny comes back.

PG - TMG (MAA)
SG - Cade Davis (Senior)
SF - Cameron Clark (MAA)
PF - Terrance Jones (MAA)
C - Tiny Gallon (MAA)

I hope AZ get at Book IT and the nephews touch the cousins on the back. King of earth is a cool dude. check it. Follow EndofEra tweet to TJ and Linda and Doron and Calvin and Shirley and Harrison. Once Malaika gets ahold to WW cellphone, Tommy and Gail are gonna post it with Calicat.

AZ and Book It gave me a shot out on Zags and KsR. I gave you a shot out on Widcatsportsreport sittin on Mike Stoops lap.

:D :clap

Boomer,

As of yesterday morning, Terrence Jones was deciding on which official visit to take next.

If Terrence Jones continues with the official visits, this maybe good news for the remaining schools.
With all the trouble coming from Kansass "Gangster U",...hoping TJ and Linda decide on visiting Arizona. (Linda has already been to UofA.)

Note:
The cousin factor has been discussed with Strickland.

Boomer,

As of yesterday morning, Terrence Jones was deciding on which official visit to take next.

If Terrence Jones continues with the official visits, this maybe good news for the remaining schools.
With all the trouble coming from Kansass "Gangster U",...hoping TJ and Linda decide on visiting Arizona. (Linda has already been to UofA.)

Note:
The cousin factor has been discussed with Strickland.

Agreed, unless someone cracks the whip, KU has laid a nice foundation to possibly morph into basketball's version of the 80's "U" it seems.

Dirty,

Heard that Terrence Jones will not visit Arizona for Oct. 23.
Seems like Miller has taken a step back.

Should be interesting at Arizona....explaining why Miller pulled back the recruitment.

Later

Dirty,

Should be interesting at Arizona....explaining why Miller pulled back the recruitment.

Later

I'm pretty sure no coach would take a step back on a player like Terrence. Terrence is probably the one backing off because many felt he was only going to OU and UW before he makes his choice.

Dirty,

Later

Yeah, Miller doesn't want a top 10 player that's a quality young man. He's got bigger fish to fry.

If this is the case, That bodes well for us. If he has no visit set up this weekend i really like that idea.

I'm pretty sure no coach would take a step back on a player like Terrence. Terrence is probably the one backing off because many felt he was only going to OU and UW before he makes his choice.

If you read the link I posted you'll see that is exactly what his mom said.
Jessie isn't making it up based on biases towards UofA. That's what she said. Arizona backed off and KU hasn't been recruiting him that hard so they are eliminating them. And that he will still take 3 more visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back