Terrence Jones News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at it this way, sam. Fans from those schools are more concerned about OU than they care to admit, and this site is doing a few things right to attract so much attention. ;)

Exactly. Capel's recruiting scares the hell out of these guys and they keep reverting to "how their team is a traditional basketball power" or how their assistant coach has pull with certain players. As long as we keep Capel here, we'll see these guys.

Also, if you look at other basketball boards, none compare to this. Not Shiver, not rivals, not KSR, none. This is a very well organized basketball forum.

Fansite drumming up interest. KU must really be struggling in recruiting if their fansite is seriously discussing a guy who has went back and forth on consideration for them. If you can't get a kid to commit to a visit, it seems fair to say that you don't have a real strong shot at him.

Last week Linda Mashia-Jones, the mother of the #15 ranked player in the ESPNU 100, Terrence Jones, informed TheShiver.com that Jones had removed Kansas and Arizona from consideration (article here). With the news of Arizona commit Rod Odom deciding to rescind his Arizona commitment on Sunday; it could change how Arizona sits with the 6′8″ forward from Oregon. As it turns out, according to Mashia-Jones, neither Arizona nor Kansas has been removed from consideration. However, it isn’t likely that a visit to either school will take place in the near future, and likely not at all.

“He does still want to consider both of them,” said Mashia-Jones via email of Kansas and Arizona. “A visit would be difficult to either one of them. He is on his way to Kentucky right now and he returns on Friday morning. We will take an unofficial to Oregon on Saturday. We also have an official to UCLA on November 6th. I don’t know when he could take another visit before the first signing period is over,” added Mashia-Jones of possibly visiting either Kansas or Arizona.

With Jones preferring to make his college choice during the early signing period, which runs from November 11th-18th, it doesn’t appear that Jones will have the opportunity to make a visit to either school. However, Mashia-Jones did confirm that it would be fair to say that unofficial visits could take place at some point unless Jones does, indeed, sign in the early period.

Look at it this way, sam. Fans from those schools are more concerned about OU than they care to admit, and this site is doing a few things right to attract so much attention. ;)
I enjoy the diversity and non OU posters for the most part on here.

FYI--

Arizona is beginning to reach out...

How can Arizona get the 5th official visit?

from theshiver….
“ With the news of Arizona commit Rod Odom deciding to rescind his Arizona commitment on Sunday; it could change how Arizona sits with the 6′8″ forward from Oregon.
As it turns out, according to Mashia-Jones, neither Arizona … has been removed from consideration. However, it isn’t likely that a visit to either school will take place in the near future, and likely not at all.

“He does still want to consider both of them,” said Mashia-Jones via email of …. Arizona.
“A visit would be difficult to either one of them. He is on his way to Kentucky right now and he returns on Friday morning. We will take an unofficial to Oregon on Saturday. We also have an official to UCLA on November 6th.

I don’t know when he could take another visit before the first signing period is over,” added Mashia-Jones of possibly visiting either … or Arizona.”

The fact Terrence Jones is even again considering KU and UofA seems to me he's not real certain about anything. Typically at this stage a guy is eliminating schools. I have a feeling this one goes into the late signing period.

Exactly. Capel's recruiting scares the hell out of these guys and they keep reverting to "how their team is a traditional basketball power" or how their assistant coach has pull with certain players. As long as we keep Capel here, we'll see these guys.

Also, if you look at other basketball boards, none compare to this. Not Shiver, not rivals, not KSR, none. This is a very well organized basketball forum.

For the record, I'm not here out of fear. Anderson and MU took it to OU last year despite a considerable talent gap (based on recruiting rankings). I have complete faith in Anderson to compete with anyone in the Big 12, especially now that he's able to pitch a successful program to recruits.

I first came here after the spring signing period. I was looking for outside opinions on MU's class and this was one place I found them. MU topics keep coming up, so I keep lurking. I don't really read much about OU recruits or players. Until Capel starts consistently beating Anderson, either on the court or for recruits head to head, the press about your players/recruits doesn't matter.

Until Capel starts consistently beating Anderson, either on the court or for recruits head to head, the press about your players/recruits doesn't matter.

This isn't going to go over well. :ez-roll:

For the record, I'm not here out of fear. Anderson and MU took it to OU last year despite a considerable talent gap (based on recruiting rankings). I have complete faith in Anderson to compete with anyone in the Big 12, especially now that he's able to pitch a successful program to recruits.

I first came here after the spring signing period. I was looking for outside opinions on MU's class and this was one place I found them. MU topics keep coming up, so I keep lurking. I don't really read much about OU recruits or players. Until Capel starts consistently beating Anderson, either on the court or for recruits head to head, the press about your players/recruits doesn't matter.

fourthkind03.jpg

If it were not for the fact that I know you despise all things KU, then I would be bothered by your post. But since I know you like William's toupee, Xavier's braces (rip), Brady's flask, Sharon (lol)'s elevator antics, Tyshawn's street smarts, and the bad twin's bb gun as much as I do, then you can't upset me Sawyer Brown. You just can't. Keep fighting the good fight my fellow gawk despising friend. I bet you like the St Louis Cardinals as well...me too bud. Me too.

One request, please don't shine laser pointers in the eyes of our players. Ok? That wasn't cool last year.

If it were not for the fact that I know you despise all things KU, then I would be bothered by your post. But since I know you like William's toupee, Xavier's braces (rip), Brady's flask, Sharon (lol)'s elevator antics, Tyshawn's street smarts, and the bad twin's bb gun as much as I do, then you can't upset me Sawyer Brown. You just can't. Keep fighting the good fight my fellow gawk despising friend. I bet you like the St Louis Cardinals as well...me too bud. Me too.

One request, please don't shine laser pointers in the eyes of our players. Ok? That wasn't cool last year.

I may not be able to upset you, but I sense Anderson's 2-1 record against Capel just might.

Personally I am more upset about the Big 12 tournament title than the win loss record. It is always hard to win in Columbia and so far that is the main reason Anderson has a winning record right now. It will be interesting to see if OU can steal one next season in Columbia.

And, I sense that Capel's 2-2 record and and your not getting into the NCAA will upset you. at the end of the season.

Personally I am more upset about the Big 12 tournament title than the win loss record. It is always hard to win in Columbia and so far that is the main reason Anderson has a winning record right now. It will be interesting to see if OU can steal one next season in Columbia.
Kill the Antlers.

In the words of Keith Burns, OU and MU's programs are going in two different directions. Especially in recruiting. If you gave any coach a combo of two players he could have and the combo being Clark and Taylor or Pressey and Scott, the would unamisouly pick the first combo. Also in stating the vs. comparison, you need to mention that UM has had two home games and OU one. The head to head is likely tied this year.

In the words of Keith Burns, OU and MU's programs are going in two different directions. Especially in recruiting. If you gave any coach a combo of two players he could have and the combo being Clark and Taylor or Pressey and Scott, the would unamisouly pick the first combo. Also in stating the vs. comparison, you need to mention that UM has had two home games and OU one. The head to head is likely tied this year.

Unanimous save for the only one I'm worried about... Anderson (and I know you meant Pressey and Kreklow... Scott committed to Arkansas).

Anderson's been recruiting Pressey and Kreklow both for a few years. He loves what each brings to the table. Where they are ranked relative to OU's commitments is completely irrelevant.

MU has had two home games.

Anderson's also had to deal with all kinds of off the court stuff and walked into a horrible situation at a program that hadn't won anything in several years. In three seasons he turned around and went to the Elite Eight, still without any real top level recruits (which Capel HAS had at his disposal...).

If you really believe OU and MU are headed in entirely different directions... you're likely in for a surprise. But I doubt you really believe that.

How many conference games do you think Mizzou is gonna win this year?

Dirty,

Looks like Terrence Jones list is getting shorter.

CJ Leslie is believed to be a Calicat lean.

And after today, he may make it official.

Yes, CJ and TJ are both on visits to UK.
Both sitting next to each other.

I do have to give Cali credit for this arrangement.
A scholarship will be offered to both and the FIRST TO ACCEPT will get the scholarship.

PS-
Sounds like Terrence was set-up. Big Time.
And Linda Marsha should be very upset about how UK handled TJ.
Kentucky is OUT of the TJ recruiting race, when CJ accepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back