Texas attendance for season opener = 6,471

They've been trying to do the 'reward good behavior' method rather than the 'punish bad behavior' method. For the past couple of years, they've been recognizing season ticket holders whose tickets are always used by having them on the field at a football game and giving them a plaque of some sort.

Great idea! :clap I didn't know that.

me and my friend were commenting on how we could already see the improvment in attendance from last year to this year in the early games...

will be interesting to see how it stacks up with Arkansas and Arizona coming to town compared to Davidson and USC...

Ouch... Colorado had 5,086 people for Arkansas Pine Bluff. Funny that OSU didnt do much better than CU.

That's tickets sold for Colorado. They would be lucky to draw that many (butts in seats) for a conference game.

That's tickets sold for Colorado. They would be lucky to draw that many (butts in seats) for a conference game.

I heard on the news up here that they had over 5,000 confirmed attendance. The tickets for the game were $1.00, and they are trying everything they can to get people to show.

I heard on the news up here that they had over 5,000 confirmed attendance. The tickets for the game were $1.00, and they are trying everything they can to get people to show.

Really? That's great for them if true. The pictures that I saw looked far more like 3000 (which would still be decent for them against a no name during football season). In general, if the box only lists one figure, then it is always ticket's sold (not butts in the seats).

Colorado's biggest draw is always against KU. The sad part is that there are far more KU fans in attendance than buff fans. Tech and CU have the worst support in the conference by far.

Edit: I am not saying that I don't believe you, abd, but it would be very, very rare that CU would have over 90% of the tickets sold be actual butts in the seats. The only way that is true is if they had almost nobody sign up for season tickets (unlikely imo). I bet it was closer to 3000.

Last edited:
Tech and CU have the worst support in the conference by far.

No doubt....

Edit: I am not saying that I don't believe you, abd, but it would be very, very rare that CU would have over 90% of the tickets sold be actual butts in the seats. The only way that is true is if they had almost nobody sign up for season tickets (unlikely imo). I bet it was closer to 3000.

That is fine, I was just going by what they said on the news.

The KU vs. CU game is funny..... Jayhawks EVERYWHERE.

OU's attendance for Mount St. Mary was 6,741. Tickets sold, 10,490.

Despite UT's high rankings nationally, deep runs in the NCAA tourney and signing MickeyD AA's, long before Blake got the ball rolling at OU, the Longhorns struggled to put butts in seats. I never want to see us use the economy or football as an excuse. But the truth is, we are not the only school (and that includes some of the so-called elite programs) who have problems with packing the house for every game.

The economy is the dumbest excuse of them all because OU does not have a problem selling tickets. The biggest problem that I think OU and Texas have is donors/business people purchase the tickets and don't use them. Sadly they don't even care enough to make certain that they give the tickets away.

If they would tie seat priority at the LNC to use in some manner, this would change. If you have excellent mid-court donor seats and you would lose your priority for those seats if they were used less than 90% of the time, you would get them used. You would make an effort to give them away. But right now there are no consequences for not using the seats.

To help make sure donors comply OU could start a program that allowed them call 24 hours in advance and make it OU's responsibility to get the tickets used. Then just let it be known to Norman residents that OU has seats for free based on a first come first serve basis. People in Norman would use them

The economy is the dumbest excuse of them all because OU does not have a problem selling tickets. The biggest problem that I think OU and Texas have is donors/business people purchase the tickets and don't use them. Sadly they don't even care enough to make certain that they give the tickets away.

If they would tie seat priority at the LNC to use in some manner, this would change. If you have excellent mid-court donor seats and you would lose your priority for those seats if they were used less than 90% of the time, you would get them used. You would make an effort to give them away. But right now there are no consequences for not using the seats.

To help make sure donors comply OU could start a program that allowed them call 24 hours in advance and make it OU's responsibility to get the tickets used. Then just let it be known to Norman residents that OU has seats for free based on a first come first serve basis. People in Norman would use them

Couldn't agree more. The problem has always been the lower level. As a rule the upper level is always more full. I understant that it is also a business, but it does get annoying. The bad part is, if I'm not mistaken, is that if you have season tickets and know you are not going to make it to the game, you can call the ticket office and tell them and they will resell your tickets and count the face value as a donation that can then be taken off of you taxes.

The two major problems I see are A) what DenverSooner mentioned, and B) that they still give you football priority points for Basketball tickets. I think bball is big enough that it shouldn't translate to better football tickets. Softball, Baseball, Women's bball, sure, but men's basketball should stand alone as far as I'm concerned.

I think we were just slightly over that. Pathetic for both schools, IMO. Would we have had more fans if we were ranked 3rd rather than 15th?

Also, which arena is worse to watch a game in -- The LNC or The Erwin Center? I've never been to the Erwin Center so I have no clue.

The Erwin Center is a better venue than Lloyd Noble, they've hosted regionals, they have suites.

Both have their complaints, but I think the suites and the ability to host a regional push the Erwin Center over Lloyd Noble.

I atttended Aldridge's and I think Buckman's last games in Austin, OU lost but it was fun slipping away from Fort Hood and seeing my Sooners play.

Back