>>>>>>The #1 vs #1 Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Re: >!>!>!>!>!>The #1 vs #2 Game Thread<!<!<!<!<!<

1990 would be the Big 8

Half the teams from the Big 8 aren't even in the Big 12 anymore, such a different league

I view it as the same conference but if you don't then it didn't.

Personally I think Big 12 fans are silly not to recognize our past from the Big 8. The other conferences count everything they did pre expansion.

I view it as the same conference but if you don't then it didn't.

Personally I think Big 12 fans are silly not to recognize our past from the Big 8. The other conferences count everything they did pre expansion.
I get what you are saying, it's just to over half the big 12, it's not the same conference at all.

I think the bigger question is if Wayne Seldon will have a nice fresh pair of colored contacts ready to go for the game. Only losers wear colored contacts, Wayne.

Yay for game day!!!!!

Extremely excited about the game tonight. I am friends with several Jayhawk fans, it would be nice to get the upper hand. Win or lose, thank you coach Kruger for making OU basketball both exciting and relevant again!

Great opportunity today boys and girls. Great opportunity.

@GottliebShow: 2nd biggest #OU #kubball game ever tonight- at the best place in college basketball. Perfect unofficial kickoff to conference hoops season

@buddyhield: Somewhere Between I Want It and I Got It 💯🔥

@rustindodd: Kansas is 0-4 all-time in 1 v. 2 matchups. No. 2 KU lost to No. 1 UNC in '57 title game. No. 2 KU lost to No. 1 Duke in '86 Final Four (1/2)

@PaulBiancardi: Biggest difference in OU / KU game? #Sooners have the defensive numbers to walk away with a win - no. 9 FG % D 37% - Top 20 3pt FG % D 30%

When I read that on twitter, I thought he said it like Do the Sooners have enough defensive stats to walk away with a win? No.

lol

@OU_MBBall: Wheels up! Norman ✈️ Lawrence

#BeatKU

I have been to quite a few OU games in Lawrence but none of KU friends are inviting me to this one. I also attended the 1990 semifinal game at Kemper. That was one of the most enjoyable OU bball games I have ever attended.

Hoping the Sooners can find a way again tonight.

Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins Please be the good Cousins

:dance005:

Re: >!>!>!>!>!>The #1 vs #1 Game Thread<!<!<!<!<!<

Officiating.

I really hope the officiating does not become a nightmare for us.

What I tend to expect is this - we get up, then the officials take over and get Kansas back in the game. We get in foul trouble and Kansas pulls out a close one while we all complain about the officiating.

Let's hope this does not happen.

Spangler needs to stay out of foul trouble tonight. He is the only one tough enough to play with the big boys down low. If I was Bill Self I'd take it to Ryan early....

What I tend to expect is this - we get up, then the officials take over and get Kansas back in the game. We get in foul trouble and Kansas pulls out a close one while we all complain about the officiating.

You left out one final step: The tough guys who consider it a show of weakness to ever complain about officiating rush in to call into question the manhood of those daring to do so.

@OU_MBBal: OU's last win vs. an AP No. 1 team? March 10, 2002 against top-ranked Kansas in the finals of the Big 12 Tournament in Kansas City #Sooners

Officiating.

I really hope the officiating does not become a nightmare for us.

Let's hope this does not happen.

People are going to complain about the officiating regardless of what happens. That, and Dickie V. It's as sure as the sun rising in the east.

Let's just all accept that there will be 2-3 judgment calls that don't go our way. It will happen. It always does, especially for the road team. But I feel confident in saying if we lose, it will not be because of bad officiating.

Re: >>>>>>The #1 vs #1 Gameday Thread<<<<<<

CX6bzuHUQAEgumz.jpg

Back