Thoughts on Season/Future

I did change my stance a little bit could not be tomorrow. Interviews for several

I hope Joe C is patient. Best hire, better than fast hire to save a recruiting class or scour the portal. I trust he is thinking long term, so if it takes two weeks and we get the right guy, great.

With Harmon’s decision just don’t see OU being very good next year, without an influx of talent.

I hope Joe C is patient. Best hire, better than fast hire to save a recruiting class or scour the portal. I trust he is thinking long term, so if it takes two weeks and we get the right guy, great.

With Harmon’s decision just don’t see OU being very good next year, without an influx of talent.

just depends on who the top and realistic candidates are. If Joe C's top guy season is over and he says yes than it could be done quickly, if the top choice or other top choices are still coaching than we wait at least 4-5 days..as they say patience is a virtue.

We’ve already named the field house after him. What more could he want? Let’s get this thing done!

Seriously, if anyone on this site has Joe C's ear, please let him know that "Turgeon the Surgeon" is completely unacceptable to this fan base. I've been to at least one OU home game since the first year of the LNC, except one ('83-84, and I did see OU play at the Myriad that year). And if that bozo Turgeon got hired, I'd end that streak in a hurry.

Seriously, if anyone on this site has Joe C's ear, please let him know that "Turgeon the Surgeon" is completely unacceptable to this fan base. I've been to at least one OU home game since the first year of the LNC, except one ('83-84, and I did see OU play at the Myriad that year). And if that bozo Turgeon got hired, I'd end that streak in a hurry.

Did you not see that Skyvue emailed/texted the athletic director already?

I see no hurry to find a coach, from what I read on here recruiting isn't so great anyway.
I say take time and find the right fit...Program isn't in any kind of trouble that I know of, so younger coach may help recruiting some???????? But got a feeling Joe will play it safe and go with someone like Turgeon

I see no hurry to find a coach, from what I read on here recruiting isn't so great anyway.
I say take time and find the right fit...Program isn't in any kind of trouble that I know of, so younger coach may help recruiting some???????? But got a feeling Joe will play it safe and go with someone like Turgeon

I hope you’re wrong. Turgeon would be a terrible hire. As more coaching positions open up in our region, the competition for hiring coaches will increase. Yes we need to get it right but we don’t want this search to drag on too long because tech, osu, and others may be looking for coaches soon too.

I hope you’re wrong. Turgeon would be a terrible hire. As more coaching positions open up in our region, the competition for hiring coaches will increase. Yes we need to get it right but we don’t want this search to drag on too long because tech, osu, and others may be looking for coaches soon too.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the board more unified on a topic than the Turgeon rumors. It seems we all are on the same page on this one. Can’t imagine Joe C making such an unpopular hire.

If Joe C is that stupid, he should be run out of town! Turgeon would be a horrible hire!

Not saying Turgeon would be a great hire and I wouldn't like the hire either. Doubt if Joe C reads our posts to help on the hire

What is turgeons salary? I can’t see us paying an arm and a leg for him.

Its such a lateral move at best. I just dont see it.

But got a feeling Joe will play it safe and go with someone like Turgeon

I don't see Turgeon as a safe hire. Out of all the names mentioned, I actually think he has some of the highest potential. BUT, with that you get a jerk and a guy that might not do it by the book the entire time. I think his on the court product would be pretty good.

Safe, to me, is McCasland. I see him as a younger Lon, 2.0 version. Nice guy. Hi floor, low ceiling. I doubt our highs with McCasland would be much higher than what we've had the last 10 years. But maybe his lows wouldn't be quite as low. I could be wrong, but that is what I see when I see McCasland. He hasn't exactly torn it up in his other jobs. Good results? Sure? Anything special? Not even close.

I don't see Turgeon as a safe hire. Out of all the names mentioned, I actually think he has some of the highest potential. BUT, with that you get a jerk and a guy that might not do it by the book the entire time. I think his on the court product would be pretty good.

Safe, to me, is McCasland. I see him as a younger Lon, 2.0 version. Nice guy. Hi floor, low ceiling. I doubt our highs with McCasland would be much higher than what we've had the last 10 years. But maybe his lows wouldn't be quite as low. I could be wrong, but that is what I see when I see McCasland. He hasn't exactly torn it up in his other jobs. Good results? Sure? Anything special? Not even close.

Lol regarding Lon. Final Four is such a low ceiling.

Back