Top 5 sleeper recruits coming into the Big 12

Is it just me or does the competition Pledger face seem pretty weak? I think I saw that he played in a Christian league? Good think for AAU or we wouldn't know how he'd stack up against the elites.

It seemed like every guy in his video was a short white guy that didn't even bother to put a hand up.

Who is overhyping Pledger on this board? I think you are making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Probably true, but it sure seems to me that people have thrown out some pretty lofty expectations for him next season. In fact, I am pretty sure one of the mods actually said they thought he would be the greatest three point shooter in OU history.

I know every fan base hypes its recruits, I wasn't singling out OU's fans as being particularly bad at it. I just think that we should at least attempt to be objective about it, thats all. People seem to downplay the impact Tiny will have next year and for all the years we have been dying for a point guard, almost no one is hyping up TMG. Its like our own fans want to shoot holes in the McDonald's AAs coming in but over-reach on Pledger.

I just want the madness to stop...

Is it just me or does the competition Pledger face seem pretty weak? I think I saw that he played in a Christian league? Good think for AAU or we wouldn't know how he'd stack up against the elites.

It seemed like every guy in his video was a short white guy that didn't even bother to put a hand up.

Atlanitic Shore vs. Bishob mac...in the wcac, and at the time ranked 25 in the nation, Atlantic shores won, Pledger 26 and 12...not AAU

Atlantic Shores vs the Miller school, 5 D1 Recruits headed by Marshawn Powell "Arkansa" and Mycheal Parker...(list NC, Duke, and others) Pledger 35 with 8 threes

Booker T washington, perrinial power house...Pledger 30 and 10

Benedictine Perrinial power house...Pledger 30 ans 9

AAU:
See the tapes on vids on line...beat and played extremely well against
X. Henry
Roger Franklin
Tevin baskins
TMG
Tiny
Doron Lamb

So Pledger has played against very compitition and has done well

Probably true, but it sure seems to me that people have thrown out some pretty lofty expectations for him next season. In fact, I am pretty sure one of the mods actually said they thought he would be the greatest three point shooter in OU history.

Your accuracy in reporting what you read is flawed. I said I thought Pledger had "a great chance" to become the best three point shooter in OU history. You call it hype, I call it an opinion. Trust me when I say it will not bother me if I'm wrong.

Does my prediction mean he will hit the ground running, blistering the net with threes? Of course not. But this kid has earned the right to be considered one of the best three point shooters in the 2009 class. It didn't just start last year or the year before that, and he's still working hard to get better. I have all of the faith in the world in his ability to knock down shots from the perimeter.

I have also said I didn't think he would start to begin the season, but I expected him to get starter-like minutes by the midway point and push the guys ahead of him for playing time. How is that over hyping anyone? I happen to believe Steven's offensive game will make it difficult to keep him on the bench for too long. I'm just not sure how he will respond to playing defense at the D-1 level? That's still a big question mark for me.

You worry too much about what others say or think. Keep in mind though, that is just my opinion and I may be totally wrong. ;)

Atlanitic Shore vs. Bishob mac...in the wcac, and at the time ranked 25 in the nation, Atlantic shores won, Pledger 26 and 12...not AAU

Atlantic Shores vs the Miller school, 5 D1 Recruits headed by Marshawn Powell "Arkansa" and Mycheal Parker...(list NC, Duke, and others) Pledger 35 with 8 threes

Booker T washington, perrinial power house...Pledger 30 and 10

Benedictine Perrinial power house...Pledger 30 ans 9

AAU:
See the tapes on vids on line...beat and played extremely well against
X. Henry
Roger Franklin
Tevin baskins
TMG
Tiny
Doron Lamb

So Pledger has played against very compitition and has done well

Pledger also played with Andre Dawkins, another highly regarded player and a Duke commit.....so he had to share the load with someone else....not like he was THE go-to guy that got ALL the touches.

Pledger also played with Andre Dawkins, another highly regarded player and a Duke commit.....so he had to share the load with someone else....not like he was THE go-to guy that got ALL the touches.

Pledger
MVP nova vs. the Nation
MVP Atlantic shores tip off tourny
MVP Slamfest
MVP Team

Lead team in Scoring, Rebounding, & assist
Defended each team best player with highschool team and on AAU team

and was the "go too" guy in every big game....

Pledger
MVP nova vs. the Nation
MVP Atlantic shores tip off tourny
MVP Slamfest
MVP Team

Lead team in Scoring, Rebounding, & assist
Defended each team best player with highschool team and on AAU team

and was the "go too" guy in every big game....

I was saying that he 'shared the load' with another big time player and faired really well.......so guys not expecting him to do much may be 'understating' his ability moreso than the guys 'overstating' his possible impact. Not every kid can be a McD's All American....and not every major impact player is a McD's All American.

I think it is ok to have high hopes for Pledger.

I should have made my post more clear. LOL

Andre Dawkins' cousin plays for me.....I'm hoping he develops into a player even remotely close to his cousin. LOL He is already about 6'4" as a soph.

Back