#######Trae Young Decision Day Thread#######

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Young will be committing today at noon inside his high school gym at Norman North.

Several media outlets have reported they will be live-streaming the announcement. Once they post the links to their stream, I will add them to this thread. If you see them before me, please feel free to do so as well.

Young is currently ranked the 14th-best prospect in the nation by Rivals, 15th by ESPN, 18th by 247Sports and 21st by Scout.

+++++

Young Tweets Video Previewing Commitment:

https://twitter.com/TheTraeYoung/status/832070952070545410

+++++

Young's Crystal Ball Trending to Oklahoma:

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Trae-Young-at-Norman-North-97624/CurrentExpertPredictions

+++++

Trae Young Highlight Videos: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

how the heck am i supposed to get work done today? Knowing that the fate of OU bball is decided at noon?

I think this is going to be a VERY good day for us!

Done deal. Carry on about your day. BUT check back at 1220 to make sure!

how the heck am i supposed to get work done today? Knowing that the fate of OU bball is decided at noon?

Call in sick. That's what I'm going to do. Not really, I'm retired.

This is the biggest day for our basketball program since Blake Griffin announced his decision. There haven't been any point guards in my recent memory who created this kind of excitement on commitment day. OU has had some good ones over the years. But most made their mark later in their career, not before they arrived on campus. Trae Young is a difference maker, the kind of floor general teams can be built around.

What makes you so sure other than optimism?

I've been telling them they could make a wager on it lax. I've got a source that is very in with all the local athletes but out of respect, cannot name this person. Told me last week that Trae was 100% OU. This person has never steered me wrong with any recruits, in the likes of shake, Justin broiles, tre brown, sunderland, Blake griffin, and now Young. He's told me well before any publically committed. He's going to OU

How does landing Trae affect the 2018 class? He's an elite player who likely won't be a one and done. Seems like a guy people would want to play with. And would he recruit for OU?

How does landing Trae affect the 2018 class? He's an elite player who likely won't be a one and done. Seems like a guy people would want to play with. And would he recruit for OU?

From what I was told, he has not really recruited any others, although he talks regularly with Manek... It tells me he is shooting for 1 and done

Trae Young is a difference maker, the kind of floor general teams can be built around.

The "funny" part about this, is this is pretty much what OU has already done building up to this moment. Yes the 9 win season this year doesn't really show much but they will return every other vital part to the team (that we know of at this moment) along with bringing in two other "future" pieces. This is what Trae and his mom and many of the other "experts" out there keep saying. All OU needs at this point is that floor general/leader with some "attitude" and that looks to be exactly what Trae Young brings to the table. Funny enough, this idea that he has to come in and score 40 for them to win is laughable to me. If he's the guy I expect he is, what he has to do is be more of a play maker for not just himself but the others on the team and this team will reach heights others didn't see possible. When Cousins was moved to the point, it was because he was just as good getting others open and good shots as he was for himself and look at what that did for not just him but for Buddy and especially JW.

Imagine James/McGusty/Odomes/Doolittle if/when the other team has to worry about keeping the PG in front of them or can't sag off to help and they get an open look from 3 or a more open paint to work with? Or Jamuni with his baby hook 1:1 in the paint because the opposing guard can't sag to help or will give up a 3? All of this is focused around a playing making PG (ask KU or their opponents about Mason) and by all accounts that's EXACTLY what TY is.

I've been telling them they could make a wager on it lax. I've got a source that is very in with all the local athletes but out of respect, cannot name this person. Told me last week that Trae was 100% OU. This person has never steered me wrong with any recruits, in the likes of shake, Justin broiles, tre brown, sunderland, Blake griffin, and now Young. He's told me well before any publically committed. He's going to OU

That's good to know, wOlfe! This board always welcomes posters who have access to inside information on recruits. I hope you will continue to share what you know with the rest of us.

CoachTalk told me two days ago Trae was going to pick OU. He sent me a PM yesterday before the crystal ball started to trend our way, saying "OU is a done deal."

I don't know where guys like wOlfe and CT get their information, and I really don't care. I'm just glad they're willing to share it with the posters who come here because we attract people in the know when it comes to OU's basketball program.

From what I was told, he has not really recruited any others, although he talks regularly with Manek... It tells me he is shooting for 1 and done

I think he would love to be 1 and done. But from that candid article with his family discussing options, they seemed to think a 2 and done was more realistic

That's good to know, wOlfe! This board always welcomes posters who have access to inside information on recruits. I hope you will continue to share what you know with the rest of us.

CoachTalk told me two days ago Trae was going to pick OU. He sent me a PM yesterday before the crystal ball started to trend our way, saying "OU is a done deal."

I don't know where guys like wOlfe and CT get their information, and I really don't care. I'm just glad they're willing to share it with the posters who come here because we attract people in the know when it comes to OU's basketball program.

Completely agree. This info is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This!!!

The coaches felt positive over the weekend about Trae coming to Norman. I sure hope they, wOlfe and CT are correct!

We need Trae much more than Kansas does.

Last edited:
I think he would love to be 1 and done. But from that candid article with his family discussing options, they seemed to think a 2 and done was more realistic

I thought that was cool. They were very realistic which is best for him. Seem like a grea, well-grounded family. Dad may seem like he doesn't like OU, but I don't think that's true. I think he wants what is best for Trae. Also, don't think Trae is a drama queen as some are making him out to be. From what I've heard from other people, he's a pretty cool kid.

I thought that was cool. They were very realistic which is best for him. Seem like a grea, well-grounded family. Dad may seem like he doesn't like OU, but I don't think that's true. I think he wants what is best for Trae. Also, don't think Trae is a drama queen as some are making him out to be. From what I've heard from other people, he's a pretty cool kid.

i agree. I was put off at first, but after that article I agree.

Back