Trae Young

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
I think TY did a masterful job of managing today’s game. He scored 28, but he got his teammates involved from the start, finishing the game with 7 assists (and it should have been more if they had not missed so many easy shots).

I didn’t mind the deep threes he took. We all know he can hit those shots. You’ll never catch me complaining when a player goes 6 of 10 from behind the arc!

If you’re looking for a negative, as some seem to do lately, he had 5 turnovers. But, on the whole, I think this was one of the best all-around/team games Trae has had all season. The other players seemed to be more engaged than we have seen in sometime. I’m encouraged by what i saw!

I thought Trae’s defensive effort was better than it had been all season.

This team just needs to give effort on the defensive effort even when they're not making shots and not keep their heads down.

What a wild season but 1 I will remember as a positive as long as we make the tournament, especially with all the other nonsense going around college bball.

Looking at the whole, I think it was a good game and good win. KSU normally doesn't get a good game from us so it looks as if we took them out of what they like to do. We kept them at arms length when we had a lull or they had a run. Trae was better and we all know he still has some things that he will get tons better at. Our D is still suspect at best but there were, at least, times during the game in which they did play hard. That was the bright spot along with the win. It seems Lon is settling with a line up that is very different from the seasons norm. Hoping for the best.:OU-logo:

I didn’t mind the deep 3s either because he made so many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all tend to forget that Trae is just a freshman who is going to make some freshman mistakes.That said I thought Trae & the rest of the team did a pretty good job tonight against a good defensive KS team.Go Sooners!

Trae definitely brought a different energy on D. He was playing D from the start of the game. He has to do this because our team feeds off of him. He has to set the tone. He still needs to cut down on the stupid turnovers where he is trying to do too much or be too fancy but he's still a freshman.

I think this mostly had to do with shots falling for Trae and others. When those long bombs are dropping we aren't going to lose. Trae does not shoot those at a very high percentage season long, but he'd been on such a cold streak things were bound to regress to the mean. Similarly with our 3 point defense. We do give up too many open looks, but during that losing streak teams were just making them at an unreal percentage, good defense or not.

Regardless, that was a huge win. K-State is a good team and we were in a free-fall. We've got two very winnable games left, so hopefully we can do just that, adn pick up a win or two in the conference tourney.

I hate to be negative but c’mon, saying Trae played great D from the start of the game is like saying Lattin has a great offensive game. It’s a lie. Did he do better? Yes. Do we play better d when shots fall? Yes. Is Trae a frosh and we should appreciate the great things he has done and the fact that he will get something much better at the things we say he doesn’t do well? Yes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK, would he win if he was on Oklahoma State roster? They were all year a 500 club. You just knew they were ok but not great. Played good games at home and good games on the road. If Trae was Trae on what was never a great team would they look at him differently?

OU has been a two season team. Great and Terrible are your choices. Now, I know that is all known but if this was turned around and Trae and the Sooners had reversed this data he would win but with them stumbling so I think he loses out to someone less deserving than he. He has been the most electrifying scorer and assist maker this whole year. That hasn't changed.

I would take the filed right now.

Back