Transfer Portal Thread

Strongly disagree. The game is getting smaller and smaller. Teams play 5 out to maximize spacing and driving lanes. Saint Peter's is going on this run playing no one taller than 6'8. We need more Jalen Hill type players. I think we'll be able to find a better player than Noland in the portal if he's the one who goes.

You make very good points. Hill had a great year and will have a great senior year (hopefully for ou). I still prefer to keep Noland since he has 3 years left of eligibility, though. Lord knows we need them both to come back. If I have to lose someone other than the obvious guys (isaanza/gibson/mason), I guess I would pick cortes even though I think he will be a very solid player soon enough.

Touché. Selvy licking his lips to the camera after the game sealing breakaway dunk against texass in the big 12 championship is 1 of my favorite ou hoops moments! Probably a lot more undersized players that I am overlooking who balled at the 4. I really like hill and always have. I hope he sticks around. We need him.

Wasn’t that a great moment?!? The 180 dunk, with Kelvin somewhat mad that he didn’t just dribble the clock out. That was a classic Sooner game from that era. If memory serves, we were in the teens at halftime, but just kept plugging away.

Is it Hill? Boy I sure hope not.

Hill would be foolish to leave. He isn't starting on most teams of OU's caliber or better. And OU doesn't really have anybody to push him, unless he thinks J. Groves is going to take his spot next year.

But I agree with the post above, Hill doesn't need to be starting on a good OU team. He just doesn't do anything well enough.

I've been saying Noland would leave for months, so I'll stick with that prediction.

I've been saying Noland would leave for months, so I'll stick with that prediction.

I would have thought he would go to KSU but now with Weber gone, I think he might stay.

He'll have options if he chooses to leave but I saw KSU as the main threat in the portal.

Strongly disagree. The game is getting smaller and smaller. Teams play 5 out to maximize spacing and driving lanes. Saint Peter's is going on this run playing no one taller than 6'8. We need more Jalen Hill type players. I think we'll be able to find a better player than Noland in the portal if he's the one who goes.

^^^This only works if the players are SUPER athletic....can defend and jump out of the gym. Someone needs to rebound and defend the opponents big guys!!!

To me, that was our biggest problem this year.....not enough great athletes.

jmho

80% of St. Peter’s players played eybl… the best summer circuit!

I would have thought he would go to KSU but now with Weber gone, I think he might stay.

He'll have options if he chooses to leave but I saw KSU as the main threat in the portal.

Why KSU?

I think he may end up somewhere in Texas. Houston would actually be a pretty decent option for him if he were to commit to changing his body. I could even see Baylor. If not, maybe a step down (SMU, TT, TCU).

Just a gut feeling.

New follow:

Patrick followed Indiana transfer guard Rob Phinisee. Meh.

yes, please

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1508107790182715400[/TWEET]

the loyola chicago guard might be my favorite guard target ..

2 years to play (potentially )

career 38.8 from 3 47.1 from the field on high volume

he is 6'4 over 200 and would already know the system

Give me Reeves, Payton Sparks, and a guard who can play PG, and I’ll be excited about next year.

Man i'd love Sparks too. Any ideas on our shot? I wonder who all are actually visiting.

No OU but he's been mentioned

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/MatthewBain_/status/1508125789270822922[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1508130703678001167[/TWEET]

Back