Transfer Portal Thread

I agree. Love having a local kid but he has to be good enough. Not sure if he’s Tulsa level. ORI should take him or Crutch at Omaha.

If he turns into the bean kid from Utah State you’ll ask why didn’t porter get this Oklahoma kid! Kids develop and that takes time. Not saying he’ll be bean.

If he turns into the bean kid from Utah State you’ll ask why didn’t porter get this Oklahoma kid! Kids develop and that takes time. Not saying he’ll be bean.

The Bean kid from Utah State is 25 so that’s a bad comparison.

Coach I don't disagree that guys can develop. Sign a high-potential HS kid for that. In the portal you need more "now". If OU signs him and he pulls a Spangler i'll eat my words.

This is such a critical time for Moser and OU basketball, depending on who stays and goes, and I was looking for the portal recruiting to make more of a "splash".

Hopefully we keep mawein around as our developmental big guy and use any open scholarships on more talented guys than this kid. Mawein has more upside IMO.

We aren't going to play 13 kids. If we have 13 kids on scholarship, there is nothing wrong with 1-2 of them being kids that may need a year to develop. Moser needs to be strategic, for sure, b/c he needs to put a better team on the court. But anybody thinking we're going to have a roster of 13 guys ready to heavily contribute at this level is probably going to be disappointed.

I've liked Mawein from the beginning. If he has two more years I hope he stays and starts to make a mark this next year. For OU to get where we all want, OU needs to recruit a big(s) that are more talented than anyone we have on our current roster, is all i'm saying.

Hopefully we keep mawein around as our developmental big guy and use any open scholarships on more talented guys than this kid. Mawein has more upside IMO.

I don’t know for sure but hard seeing Akol leaving. He is attached to Patrick.

We aren't going to play 13 kids. If we have 13 kids on scholarship, there is nothing wrong with 1-2 of them being kids that may need a year to develop. Moser needs to be strategic, for sure, b/c he needs to put a better team on the court. But anybody thinking we're going to have a roster of 13 guys ready to heavily contribute at this level is probably going to be disappointed.

100% agree.

Sure that’s fine but when half your roster is mid major talent level and severely lacks athleticism, we need to make every scholly count. We can’t afford to keep so much dead weight on the roster. We need guys that can play in the Big12.

Feels like cortes is going to test portal waters. Big rick is probably gone and guessing Mo, as well. We really need Noland to hold firm here. He will be an absolute stud in a year or so. He was seen recently posting in an ou shirt. Probably doesn’t mean much but doesn’t hurt.

I've liked Mawein from the beginning. If he has two more years I hope he stays and starts to make a mark this next year. For OU to get where we all want, OU needs to recruit a big(s) that are more talented than anyone we have on our current roster, is all i'm saying.

i feel like he got better very quickly when charg was hurt mid season

i feel like he got better very quickly when charg was hurt mid season

100%

I mean we aren't in practice, but when he was in I thought he displayed very good potential. Next year if he could come in for 12-15 mins a game, play physical defense and rebound, clean up some garbage on the offensive glass I believe that would help this team immensely. And hey with more experience who knows what all he could do.

100%

I mean we aren't in practice, but when he was in I thought he displayed very good potential. Next year if he could come in for 12-15 mins a game, play physical defense and rebound, clean up some garbage on the offensive glass I believe that would help this team immensely. And hey with more experience who knows what all he could do.

very much my thoughts as well ..

Sure that’s fine but when half your roster is mid major talent level and severely lacks athleticism, we need to make every scholly count. We can’t afford to keep so much dead weight on the roster. We need guys that can play in the Big12.
On the other hand, you can't build a program based on a culture of doing things a certain way if you turn the roster over every year.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/1507846336527298560[/TWEET]

Samuell Williamson just hit the portal. Louisville player from Rockwall TX. The last OU staff recruited him hard.

On the other hand, you can't build a program based on a culture of doing things a certain way if you turn the roster over every year.

I don’t disagree but we need to upgrade the talent and athleticism in a major way, ASAP.

Back