Transfer Portal Thread

I agree. I thought the free transfer was a one time thing and was going to be temporary. It’s really hurting the game when top players leave every year for greener pastures. They need to end the free for all transfers. Go back to making them sit for a year.

Agreed. If they want to free transfer under the old Grad Transfer rule, I'm fine that. By that point, they've earned it. But the current environment is driving me nuts.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1507477815796641793[/TWEET]

I'm going to fill in the Big 12 transfers list (on the first page) later.

Last edited:
he is almost 24 at some point you want to start earning money

OU should come up with about 30k NIL and keep him. That's better than going and playing in Albania.

I don't think OU, OSU, Tulsa, or ORU has an NIL group in place. Not even for football. I was told TCU has one that raises 250k for all of its basketball players and divides the sponsorship up accordingly. I was also told Tech has one that is significantly higher that 250k.

Xavier Foster, 5star freshmen center from Iowa State is in the portal.

Does anyone know why he was dismissed from the team???

He is a clown. Not worth an inquiry. I believe he has legal issues too.

Sam Godwin, Wofford big man, entered the portal.

Why is that interesting? Two reasons...

1. He played high school basketball at Southmoore (Moore, OK). A lot on here will, obviously, remember the name.

2. He picked up a quick follow from Clayton Custer tonight.

Godwin is 6'9 230 lbs. In only 14 ish minutes per game, Godwin averaged 6 ppg & 3 rpg while shooting 62% from the field. His best game was probably 17 points & 5 boards vs Chattanooga (quick look).

Coming out of HS, he had offers from Wofford (duh), Tulsa, Southern Illinois, North Texas, and Army (D1s that is).

FWIW, not saying it's that likely that he'll end up at OU...no idea, yet.

I'll add him to the OP in a little while.

I saw him in high school. Hard playing rim finisher and good rebounder. He started off at Wofford playing pretty well as a freshman. I wonder what happened.

Groves brothers on the SIsooners podcast .. talked about the Sooners taking 2 guys from the portal and being excited about it

Tanner also talked about his #1 off season goal is to gain weight and get stronger

jacob talked about wanted to improve everything across the board but bigger and stronger is also his priority ..

No disrespect to those two, but OU should be trying to find guys to send them to the bench.

Sam Godwin, Wofford big man, entered the portal.

Why is that interesting? Two reasons...

1. He played high school basketball at Southmoore (Moore, OK). A lot on here will, obviously, remember the name.

2. He picked up a quick follow from Clayton Custer tonight.

Godwin is 6'9 230 lbs. In only 14 ish minutes per game, Godwin averaged 6 ppg & 3 rpg while shooting 62% from the field. His best game was probably 17 points & 5 boards vs Chattanooga (quick look).

Coming out of HS, he had offers from Wofford (duh), Tulsa, Southern Illinois, North Texas, and Army (D1s that is).

FWIW, not saying it's that likely that he'll end up at OU...no idea, yet.

I'll add him to the OP in a little while.

Update:

Custer just followed Sam's mother. Hmm.

I think we’ll have a few announce soon. Staff trying to keep one for sure.

Coaching change as well.

He is a clown. Not worth an inquiry. I believe he has legal issues too.

He’s no longer a suspect. No reason to perpetuate that Bs. We should absolutely go after this kid.

Last edited:
Hard meh unless he’s walking on. We don’t need another JAG around here. Hold the ship for someone else.

No joke. I'll be pretty disappointed if Moser continues to sign bigs at that level. Cmon.

Hard meh unless he’s walking on. We don’t need another JAG around here. Hold the ship for someone else.

I think he's a kid who could be useful (10 ppg/6 rpg ish) with time but I agree, I wouldn't want to waste a scholarship on him with what OU currently needs (immediate help/talent upgrade).Unless Seacat or Moser leaves, there doesn't seem to be a walk-on spot though.

OU should come up with about 30k NIL and keep him. That's better than going and playing in Albania.

I don't think OU, OSU, Tulsa, or ORU has an NIL group in place. Not even for football. I was told TCU has one that raises 250k for all of its basketball players and divides the sponsorship up accordingly. I was also told Tech has one that is significantly higher that 250k.

ou has 3 different ones about done

No joke. I'll be pretty disappointed if Moser continues to sign bigs at that level. Cmon.

I agree. Love having a local kid but he has to be good enough. Not sure if he’s Tulsa level. ORI should take him or Crutch at Omaha.

Back