Transfer Portal Thread

Groves brothers on the SIsooners podcast .. talked about the Sooners taking 2 guys from the portal and being excited about it

Tanner also talked about his #1 off season goal is to gain weight and get stronger

jacob talked about wanted to improve everything across the board but bigger and stronger is also his priority ..

lol, EXACTLY what I've been saying, and was hammered for.

Tanner needs to live in the gym, and on the practice court this offseason. He needs to develop a quicker-developing baby hook that he can go to in the post. He was much too slow in going to a move when he got the ball in traffic.

Dildy followed Desmond Cambridge Jr tonight. Transfer guard from Nevada (and Brown before that). Has played 4 years and has averaged 17.3 (fr), 15.7 (so), 16.3 (jr), & 16.2 (sr). A bucker getter, obviously.

His brother, Devan, plays at Auburn. Originally from Nashville, TN.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1507024462755028998[/TWEET]

lol, EXACTLY what I've been saying, and was hammered for.

Tanner needs to live in the gym, and on the practice court this offseason. He needs to develop a quicker-developing baby hook that he can go to in the post. He was much too slow in going to a move when he got the ball in traffic.

If memory serves, the pushback wasn't to you suggesting that he needs to get stronger and more athletic. It was when there was a suggestion that he had never lifted or been in a conditioning program before. I don't remember whether it was you or someone else who said that, but it sure seems like that was the comment that elicited some skepticism.

Great thread, NAIA! This is my first stop when I log in several times every days. It’s so interesting to follow what our coaches are doing in working the transfer portal!

Thank you!!!

Some highly rated portal entrants today...

using 247 composite rankings

Brandon Murray (LSU) - #82 NATL
Clifton Moore (La Salle/Indiana) - #151 NATL - 6'10. Averaged 13 ppg, 6 rpg this season
Dontaie Allen (Kentucky) - #111 NATL
Josh Minott (Memphis) - #45 NATL - entering the draft while keeping his eligibility

The different type of players they are offering, it looks as though OU might have 3 available scholarships.

My guess is: Mason, Issanza, and Gibson.

The different type of players they are offering, it looks as though OU might have 3 available scholarships.

I would think we'll know soon. Our guys will want to get in the Portal as well, at some point.

Sure sounds from that show with the Groves brothers that Mo won't be back. Jacob mentioned him with Chag, Goldwire, and Marvin when he discussed how Moser addressed the team and thanked the seniors after the loss Sunday. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it caught my attention.

Sure sounds from that show with the Groves brothers that Mo won't be back. Jacob mentioned him with Chag, Goldwire, and Marvin when he discussed how Moser addressed the team and thanked the seniors after the loss Sunday. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it caught my attention.

Yeah, my guess is he's ready to turn pro.

Mo hasnt made up his mind. Test the waters and see how they feel.

He doesn't have any draft stock. So not sure what he's looking for. G-League money is decent I supposed. But I don't see it.

Lots pro teams out there. He can score a lot points in Europe or Italy or Puerto Rico or Australia.

Doolittle still making bank.

A single guy getting paid good money to play basketball in Europe or Australia? Hell yes I’d take that. What an opportunity for an awesome life experience.

Back