Transfer Portal Thread

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1509571615096549388[/TWEET]

If he leaves KSU, someone will get a heck of a player. I imagine he will give the new coach a chance to sell him on staying, but he is one of the main prizes in the portal, no doubt.

Man, there's alot of talent in the portal. Surely Moser can snag what the team needs!

Cool.

Also heard they're (Godwins) talking to Tulsa as well. Clearly this kid wants to come back to the state.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/McKinnisBryce/status/1509735075407179789?s=20&t=zfOVrmPOgSEQ_Uw7-MXCnQ[/TWEET]

Still a little weird no OU players have entered the Portal officially. It's just really difficult to see Mason or Big Rick being back next year.

Still a little weird no OU players have entered the Portal officially. It's just really difficult to see Mason or Big Rick being back next year.

Bob Przybylo at SS mentioned that based on Mason's recent social media posts, it looks like he will return.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1509888216828104711
[/TWEET]
---

LSU just lost their 10th player to the portal. New coach flipping the roster.

So looking more and more like we'll have everyone back or we lose Rick and Gibson and bring in two?

Really need a back-up post or we need to be ready to go small with Hill and J Groves playing the 5 at times (which I don't mind!).

So looking more and more like we'll have everyone back or we lose Rick and Gibson and bring in two?

Really need a back-up post or we need to be ready to go small with Hill and J Groves playing the 5 at times (which I don't mind!).

i still think there will be at least 2 open spots

yeah, 2 seems like the likely outcome. Outside chance at 3.

it does feel like OU's kind of in an eval stage more than a heavy recruit period...or whatever. They seem to be engaging but not going full-force. The only kid who seems to be really connected to Oklahoma is Joe Bamisile.

Last edited:
yeah, 2 seems like the likely outcome. Outside chance at 3.

it does feel like OU's kind of in a eval stage more than a heavy recruit period...or whatever. They seem to be engaging but not going full-force. The only kid who seems to be really connected to Oklahoma is Joe Bamisile.

I was told zooms are starting then on campus will be next.

No idea on names.

Hell who knows our assistants right now

Seems like a pretty delicate balance. Go hard after the best already in the portal, or wait until something better comes along, which may never happen.. but seems to be constantly? An unenviable task for sure. I'm sure Moser knows exactly what he wants/needs at this point.

Seems like a pretty delicate balance. Go hard after the best already in the portal, or wait until something better comes along, which may never happen.. but seems to be constantly? An unenviable task for sure. I'm sure Moser knows exactly what he wants/needs at this point.

I don't think OU is in a position to wait. Maybe a Kansas or Kentucky can do that and still have a great shot and landing a star, but star players will be coveted by everyone, so our chance of landing them wouldn't be great. There are already enough very good players, who would be good fits, that we should be targeting.

I don't think OU is in a position to wait. Maybe a Kansas or Kentucky can do that and still have a great shot and landing a star, but star players will be coveted by everyone, so our chance of landing them wouldn't be great. There are already enough very good players, who would be good fits, that we should be targeting.

Agreed. We'll take 1 ... if Gibson comes back, Rick will go. If Gibson leaves, we'll have to decide if we need to make another spot.

Same team back minus big Rick would be fine with me. Then go get a legit wing or big with that one open spot.. I think the two young pgs plus Mason we could survive with.. gibson/Harkless and Noland running the wing with most of the mins would be pretty solid. Groves brothers/Hill and Juco kid as the 4s or maybe the FR can be a back up 3/4 type.

Back