Transfer Portal Thread

On Lucas, he definitely has a relationship with Harkless. Both LA area kids, Compton Magic, etc. They even played against each other when EJ was with CSUN.

Yeah, not overly impressed with the offensive efficiency of either guy, especially in light of their conferences.

I really like Lucas! He’s got good size, and his 38% from three, a little ore than 13 ppg aren’t bad for a player on a horrible (3-28) team. My guess is he’s hungry to be teamed with better players.

Is OU starting to narrow anything down? I thought they kind of had an inside track on Basilime(sp). Feels like they're following tons of guys but not really getting much traction. At least that's what it looks like.

On Lucas, he definitely has a relationship with Harkless. Both LA area kids, Compton Magic, etc. They even played against each other when EJ was with CSUN.

His stats indicate he is a good shooter (3s and FTs), but maybe not a great finisher at the rim (low overall FG percentage). But he has put up good numbers two years in a row in a P5 league, and has two years left. And let's be honest -- his assist to TO ratio of just over 1:1 would make him appear to be a Harlem Globetrotter on our team. :)

Is OU starting to narrow anything down? I thought they kind of had an inside track on Basilime(sp). Feels like they're following tons of guys but not really getting much traction. At least that's what it looks like.

i think you will see things narrow down as you start to see who is official visiting where ..

this is a big one

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1511008150933098497[/TWEET]

He has 3 years to play. Going to have lots of suitors.

Last edited:
Oregon st kid or the Basille kid? Who do we like more? I really like the film on the Oregon st kid honestly. I think he can play the 1 or 2 for us... Good size/shooter and can create his own shot. Some of his shots he hits in the mid range are pretty incredible.. We need guys that can shoot and create from the guard/wing spot.

His stats indicate he is a good shooter (3s and FTs), but maybe not a great finisher at the rim (low overall FG percentage). But he has put up good numbers two years in a row in a P5 league, and has two years left. And let's be honest -- his assist to TO ratio of just over 1:1 would make him appear to be a Harlem Globetrotter on our team. :)

We'll see if anything becomes of this kid/OU recruiting him but the one thing Lucas can do that OU lacked last season: separation/shot creation.

Biggest question is could he run point at OU? That's something he needs to develop and something OU could really use.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TransferTapes/status/1509648480226230273?s=20&t=0B0Itg8bGh2KaW1I3kGpPQ[/TWEET]

I think we’ll hear news pretty soon. 2 leaving and Moja a question mark. (Guessing pro)

Opens 3 spots.

We’ll need a big!

I think we’ll hear news pretty soon. 2 leaving and Moja a question mark. (Guessing pro)

Opens 3 spots.

We’ll need a big!

By that last sentence i'll go out on a limb and say the two besides Moja are AK and Rick.. Could be way off of course.

Opens 3 spots.

We’ll need a big!

Thanks, Coach.

Reading between the lines..we are losing mawein and issanza? Not ideal to lose mawein IMO.

And if that's the case and Moser has 3 openings he needs to sign 2 bigs, one with at least more than one year.

And if that's the case and Moser has 3 openings he needs to sign 2 bigs, one with at least more than one year.

i still think the second big is a want not a need ..

if OU goes into the 23 season with no bigs they will get their pick from the portal ..

Back