Transfer Portal Thread

I think it would be hard to pass on Dennis. Superb defender and much better athlete than any guard we had on this year’s team. Udeze is a tough call because I wonder how he would fare as an undersized big in a league with bigger and better centers than what he faces in the American. If I recall correctly, he already has struggled with fouls, and I think that might be even more of an issue in the Big 12.

X 2. I’d take Dennis without batting an eye.

X 2. I’d take Dennis without batting an eye.

No thank you. Career 37% shooter. 34% from 3 for his career, but 29% last year. 1 assist per game. Offensively, he doesn't do much for us. I would rather see us give Oweh or Uzan a shot to take on that athlete role.

No thank you. Career 37% shooter. 34% from 3 for his career, but 29% last year. 1 assist per game. Offensively, he doesn't do much for us. I would rather see us give Oweh or Uzan a shot to take on that athlete role.

Same. We don't need a player like that. Adds very little.

Same. We don't need a player like that. Adds very little.

Yeah, one of the elite defenders in the country wouldn’t add much. After all, a player’s value is solely dependent on their shooting percentage.

Yeah, one of the elite defenders in the country wouldn’t add much. After all, a player’s value is solely dependent on their shooting percentage.

In the case of a team that struggles to score and just lost a similar player in Goldwire and will probably lose Gibson -- we need to prioritize players who can score.

In the case of a team that struggles to score and just lost a similar player in Goldwire and will probably lose Gibson -- we need to prioritize players who can score.

Yep. It’s not rocket science.

I don't know the player, but from the description, I thought, hm, sounds like Goldwire.

Dennis is a far better athlete and defender than Goldwire. They have almost nothing in common other than being below average shooters.

Dennis has already heard from Iowa State, Pitt, Indiana, West Virginia, Wake Forest, Loyola, UCF, and a couple of others. That was one hour after it was announced. I assume there's already been more.

Udeze has heard from West Virginia, LSU, Maryland, Northwestern, Boston College, Arizona St, Iowa St, Pitt, Georgia, SMU, UNLV, Utah State, & New Mexico State so far.

Surrounded by guys who can score...

And he didn't shoot it terribly himself. Just didn't need to shoot much.

47/33/87 - Those aren't bad percentages when he was forced to shoot.

And he didn't shoot it terribly himself. Just didn't need to shoot much.

47/33/87 - Those aren't bad percentages when he was forced to shoot.

He isn't a good shooter. That's why Duke played defense on him like the Lakers did vs Russell Westbrook in the Bubble. Great defender, not so good shooter.

Are we expecting to get great players out of the portal??

Does OU have enough NIL money to be competitive?

Seems to me it's all about the $.

:eddie187_jpg_xs::eddie187_jpg_xs:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1512062564938641415[/TWEET]

Why is Bamisile looking to be on his 3rd team in 3 years?

Would he have to sit a year? Weird.

There's some confusion there. I've seen both...that he'd have to sit and that he wouldn't. I'm looking for the for sure answer but may have to wait until more is known or someone with sources chimes in.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Portaltalk1/status/1512065292821696527[/TWEET]

Back