Transfer Portal Thread

It's easy to say that, any proof? He was winning before NIL was a thing. Winning generally improves recruiting. In football we see NIL stories all the time. With hoops, all I'm seeing is a bunch of folks on the internet speculating.

Word on the street that I’m hearing is that each of those 5 stars got a huge payday NIL from a NWA trucking company. Huge money…OU needs to step its game up.

A lot of money in NWA. A lot.

Both can be true. Musselman is a hell of a (college) coach.

Do I think Arkansas is finding NIL money and lots of it? Absolutely. Landing too much talent not to be. They're all of a sudden challenging the Dukes/Kentuckys and landing McDonald AA's. Not much different than A&M in football.

Edit: except Arkansas is a better basketball program historically than A&M is in football.

Last edited:
Texas Tech is 'key'ing on a former Sycamore star

[TWEET][/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TravisBranham_/status/1512147255486304263[/TWEET]

Well hopefully Porter can sign a stud big, or two. Unless he's going to make Jacob a post... Kidding!

A lot of money in NWA. A lot.

Both can be true. Musselman is a hell of a (college) coach.

Do I think Arkansas is finding NIL money and lots of it? Absolutely. Landing too much talent not to be. They're all of a sudden challenging the Dukes/Kentuckys and landing McDonald AA's. Not much different than A&M in football.

Edit: except Arkansas is a better basketball program historically than A&M is in football.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/SeanPaulCBB/status/1512162264018681862[/TWEET]

plucked from an Arkansas board...

TIMELINE

3/28: IN - Five-star point guard Anthony Black commits to Arkansas
3/29: OUT - Freshman wing Chance Moore enters transfer portal
3/30: IN - Former Missouri forward Trevon Brazile transfers to Arkansas
4/1: OUT: Sophomore guard KK Robinson enters transfer portal
4/3: OUT: Senior guard JD Notae hires agent, declares for NBA Draft
4/4: TBD: Sophomore forward Jaylin Williams declares for NBA Draft but maintains eligibility
4/5: OUT: Senior wing Au'Diese Toney hires agent, declares for NBA Draft
4/6: OUT: Junior forward Connor Vanover enters transfer portal
4/6: IN: Former Rhode Island forward Makhi Mitchell transfers to Arkansas
4/6: IN: Former Rhode Island forward Makhel Mitchell transfers to Arkansas
4/7: IN: Former Arizona State forward Jalen Graham transfers to Arkansas

Dildy just followed three players...

Vince Williams (VCU) - Vince declared for the NBA. Haven't seen if he's maintaining his eligibility. I assume so since the odds of him getting drafted are low.

Warren Washington (Nevada) - 7-footer. Earlier today it was reported that Washington was focused on Marquette, San Diego State, Arizona State, LSU, Arkansas, Notre Dame, & Florida.

Grant Sherfield (Nevada) - another draft entry but is maintaining his eligibility. Averaged 19 ppg, over 6 assists, and 4 rebounds. Former Wichita State Shocker. Wouldn't surprise me to see Sherfield sneak into the 2nd round or just decide to G-League it. Good player.

Dildy just followed three players...

Vince Williams (VCU) - Vince declared for the NBA. Haven't seen if he's maintaining his eligibility. I assume so since the odds of him getting drafted are low.

Warren Washington (Nevada) - 7-footer. Earlier today it was reported that Washington was focused on Marquette, San Diego State, Arizona State, LSU, Arkansas, Notre Dame, & Florida.

Grant Sherfield (Nevada) - another draft entry but is maintaining his eligibility. Averaged 19 ppg, over 6 assists, and 4 rebounds. Former Wichita State Shocker. Wouldn't surprise me to see Sherfield sneak into the 2nd round or just decide to G-League it. Good player.

If Sherfield came back, he would be a game changer. Offensively, there aren't many better than him.

Sam Godwin's mom followed OU basketball today. Seems to be down to Tulsa and OU judging solely from social media (no sources). Maybe Coach T can find out for sure.

A kid I was watching to see if he'd hit the portal decided to stay put. Was told there was a chance. Being that he announced, I'd say he was likely thinking about it. OKC kid (or MWC Carl Albert) for those who don't remember him.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/MasonHarrell12/status/1512263015026020354[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Sam Godwin's mom followed OU basketball today. Seems to be down to Tulsa and OU judging solely from social media (no sources). Maybe Coach T can find out for sure.

He's on campus today visiting OU.

Has a couple visits lined up.

He's on campus today visiting OU.

Has a couple visits lined up.

Stats are very underwhelming at a lower level. Don’t need another Nick Thompson or transfer big who rides the pine and barely contributes. I hope he isn’t offered a scholarship.

Stats are very underwhelming at a lower level. Don’t need another Nick Thompson or transfer big who rides the pine and barely contributes. I hope he isn’t offered a scholarship.

I think it would be a walkon. Ive been told.

Back