Transfer Portal Thread

a couple of new names added. The front page is still under construction.

F Efe Abogidi (Washington State)
6'10 225
Season stats: 8.1 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1 spg, 1.8 bpg, 51 FG%, 23 3P%
YOE: 3
Originally from: Delta State, Nigeria

F Isaih Moore (Southern Miss)
6'10 200
Season stats: 13.1 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.1 bpg, 53 FG%, 31 3P%
YOE: 1
Originally from: Columbia, SC

F/C David Skogman (Buffalo)
6'10 230
Season stats: 8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1 apg, 59 FG%, 38 3P%
YOE: 3
Originally from: Waukesha, WI

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/1515781655893479425[/TWEET]

Just posting because it's B12 related

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/portal_updates/status/1515858092843540485[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Would think talented bigs could see playing time available at OU next season.
Don't see them beating down the door to get in. Why not?

Played pretty well late with Jacob in the starting lineup.
I never get the quote “ no matter how much coach likes him”

So you’re saying he’s playing guys that aren’t the best? He wants to win. It’s his $2mil a year job to do so.:.

J Groves vs the Bonnies had 3 points. 1 point vs Taco Tech. Balled out vs Baylor with 15. 5 points vs K-State on 2-8 shooting. 9 points vs WVU. 10 points vs Okie State. And the loss vs Taco Tech by 20 he had 5 and shot bad as well.

Seems to me, they played well vs not so great opponents and vs quality opponents he wasn't good sans Baylor. Could argue they played well despite him for most games. Thinking they played well with Jacob is an interesting take. They lost some stinkers with him down the stretch and beat some bad opponents with him in the Starting Lineup. I hope Groves is taking this offseason serious and living in the gym and weight room like Heild and Cousins did for the years they were at OU.

Would think talented bigs could see playing time available at OU next season.
Don't see them beating down the door to get in. Why not?

stating spots are hard to come by .... OU returns 2 upperclassmen vet productive starters at the 4 and 5 ..

so OU is basically selling Charg's role ..

stating spots are hard to come by .... OU returns 2 upperclassmen vet productive starters at the 4 and 5 ..

If Moser is not selling the opportunity to come in and compete with or even beat out Groves then he's not near as smart as i've given him credit for. I mean, if you want to continue to attract mediocre bigs then yeah sell a backup spot... Any good coach in any sport is trying to recruit over what he has, constantly. That's why if you're already on the team you're busting your * trying to get better every day so as to not let that happen.

If you're trying only to sell a backup spot, then you'll get exactly what you've had the recent past, stiffs galore!

He's selling Chagrois role? Woof.

Hey man, come be a backup to a guy that disappeared many times throughout the season and had a hard time playing defense inside vs anyone that was physical.

lol, as bad as T. Groves was at times, a) he should be better next year, and b) there probably aren't 5 bigs in the Portal right now that would be noticeably better than what he did last season.

When you consider what Moser requires out of his 5 on offense, not every Portal big is going to be a fit.

If Moser is not selling the opportunity to come in and compete with or even beat out Groves then he's not near as smart as i've given him credit for. I mean, if you want to continue to attract mediocre bigs then yeah sell a backup spot... Any good coach in any sport is trying to recruit over what he has, constantly. That's why if you're already on the team you're busting your * trying to get better every day so as to not let that happen.

If you're trying only to sell a backup spot, then you'll get exactly what you've had the recent past, stiffs galore!

o i am sure he is selling coming in and competing ...

but kids are not dumb .... and their trainers/parents/coaches are not dumb ..

lol, as bad as T. Groves was at times, a) he should be better next year, and b) there probably aren't 5 bigs in the Portal right now that would be noticeably better than what he did last season.

When you consider what Moser requires out of his 5 on offense, not every Portal big is going to be a fit.

I dunno. The Portal has a lot of positions. If Tanner is the same, or slightly better than last year than maybe there is someone out there better than him.

Probably not good enough to land at OU but certainly a familiar name. #Okpreps/KState.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/1516065360335626240[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TravisBranham_/status/1516074226687496194[/TWEET]

Devin Carter (South Carolina) just committed to Providence. There was some, likely brief, contact from OU.

Providence is doing a decent job in the portal...

Devin Carter
Noah Locke (Florida)
Clifton Moore (La Salle)

Not official yet but you can add Bryce Hopkins (Kentucky) to this list.

Last edited:
Man, God has been VERY busy lately answering all of these portal prayers.

Doesn't NC have like everyone coming back besides Manek?? Love decided he was coming back I thought??

Doesn't NC have like everyone coming back besides Manek?? Love decided he was coming back I thought??

Love hasn't decided and it's TBD if the UNC rumors are true. There are going to be a lot of offers thrown his way.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/status/1516116498087088133[/TWEET]

Back