UConn

sybarite

Reaction score
Most schools sre listed alphabetically on the NCAA site. UConn is listed as UConn. They have pretty much earned the right to be listed however they want.

UConn 89 #2 Notre Dame 71 in South Bend.
UConn 99 DePaul 63 Can we come closer than DePaul?

+32 over Ohio State
+38 over Vanderbilt
+40 over Mississippi
+10 over St.Johns in the Virgin Islands!!!
+46 over Purdue
+56 over St. Louis
+38 over Seton Hall

Only two teams have come within 32.

Field Goal % UConn 51.90 Opponents 31.92
Three point field goal % UConn 40.93 Opponents 24.89
Free Throw % UConn 72.73 Opponents 57.84
Rebounds UConn 43.44 Opponents 34.44
Points UConn 87.89 Opponents 53.00

Assists UConn 20.67 Opponents 9.67
Turnovers UConn 10.78 Opponents 15.00
Personal Fouls UConn 12.11 Opponents 17.89

Top five in minutes played

Christyn Williams 5-11 Soph 13.89 ppg 47% from three
Crystal Dangerfield 5-5 Jr14.0 ppg, 5.66 Assists, 44% from three
Katie Lou Samuelson 6-3 Sr 20.11 ppg, 7.11 reb, 41.54% from three
Napheesa Collier 6-1 Sr 18.44 ppg,10.22 reb
Megan Walker 6-0 Soph 11.57 ppg, , 5.86 reb

Olivia Nelson-Odada 6-4 Fr 6.33 ppg
Kyla Irwin 6-2 Jr 2.57 ppg
Mikayla Coombs 5-8 Soph 1.55 ppg

UConn plays five starters most of the time. Only Walker, among the starters, doesn't log more than twice the playing time of Nelson-Adada, who is sixth, and she is almost double. The three not mentioned have played about 100 minutes total..

ersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211784070

• Oklahoma's top six scorers are in their first or second year of Division I basketball. Four of the six are freshmen. Freshman guard Taylor Robertson ranks second nationally among Division I freshmen with 18.4 points per game this season. Robertson, along with freshmen Madi Williams (13.9) and Jessi Murcer (12.5) all rank inside the top 15 in the Big 12 in points per game.

It will be fun to watch our freshmen and sophomores against the best.

I'm afraid this one will get out of hand very quickly. It may be best if Sherri & Colton allowed the clock to run at all times after the open tip off.

All, except for two, games have been out of reach after the opening moments for UConn. I only saw the last half of the Notre Dame/UConn game in which UConn won the fourth quarter by fourteen after winning the first three by a total of six. But, it seemed to be all about Christyne Williams once she got rolling. She only scored five on three shots against St Johns. After the, she began to shoot more freely.

I get the impression by looking at the stats that UConn doesn't meet a lot of serious resistance. There aren't a lot of fouls called or turnovers. It is like nobody is fighting back. I wonder if we will try to stop them or just shoot with them?

Most schools sre listed alphabetically on the NCAA site. UConn is listed as UConn. They have pretty much earned the right to be listed however they want.

UConn 89 #2 Notre Dame 71 in South Bend.
UConn 99 DePaul 63 Can we come closer than DePaul?

+32 over Ohio State
+38 over Vanderbilt
+40 over Mississippi
+10 over St.Johns in the Virgin Islands!!!
+46 over Purdue
+56 over St. Louis
+38 over Seton Hall

Only two teams have come within 32.

Field Goal % UConn 51.90 Opponents 31.92
Three point field goal % UConn 40.93 Opponents 24.89
Free Throw % UConn 72.73 Opponents 57.84
Rebounds UConn 43.44 Opponents 34.44
Points UConn 87.89 Opponents 53.00

Assists UConn 20.67 Opponents 9.67
Turnovers UConn 10.78 Opponents 15.00
Personal Fouls UConn 12.11 Opponents 17.89

Top five in minutes played

Christyn Williams 5-11 Soph 13.89 ppg 47% from three
Crystal Dangerfield 5-5 Jr14.0 ppg, 5.66 Assists, 44% from three
Katie Lou Samuelson 6-3 Sr 20.11 ppg, 7.11 reb, 41.54% from three
Napheesa Collier 6-1 Sr 18.44 ppg,10.22 reb
Megan Walker 6-0 Soph 11.57 ppg, , 5.86 reb

Olivia Nelson-Odada 6-4 Fr 6.33 ppg
Kyla Irwin 6-2 Jr 2.57 ppg
Mikayla Coombs 5-8 Soph 1.55 ppg

UConn plays five starters most of the time. Only Walker, among the starters, doesn't log more than twice the playing time of Nelson-Adada, who is sixth, and she is almost double. The three not mentioned have played about 100 minutes total..

ersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211784070

It will be fun to watch our freshmen and sophomores against the best.[/QUOTE

Williams is a freshman, correct? You have her listed as a sophomore.. I'm going to jump on the bandwagon with Syb and be happy if we stay within 20 although losing by 24 last year with a better team I doubt we will.. I've decided I'm not going to watch it but we'll follow it online

Indeed, Christyne Williams is a freshman. Don't know why I put soph.

One of the things I noticed about UConn is they play just as fast in the 4th as in the 1st.

About as good as one could hope for in the 1st half, maybe they can hold on and get a big win

Wow. Just checked in on game. Having TV trouble at daughter’s house! Stat sheet is tremendous.

Looks like ladies are playing their guts out and UConn also must have jet lag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprising first half, I haven’t been able to or want to watch much of us this year but if we can do this against the Gino’s where have they been this year? I’m guessing a butt chewing at half time will change things in the second half but who knows.

So this is just my opinion but I HATE the family coaching crap that OU has allowed lately. I don’t think Sherri’s boy has any credibility or pedigree but has landed a premium job because of his mom. Also didn’t like the Stoops deal or the Kruger deal. Just doesn’t belong and in my business for 30 years it isn’t allowed either. Never.

We played confident, intense and relaxed. UConn is playing without intensity. Almost certainly UConn will play better in second half but should help our confidence regardless.

UConn showed up. They just missed some shots, and they aren't all that much more athletic than Madi, Shaina, and Taylor. You have to believe they will put it together more effectively in the second half. But, we may begin to believe in ourselves as well.

This is why I thought the game would be interesting and fun. We don't have the experience. But, we may have the ability to hang with them better than we have had.

Surprising first half, I haven’t been able to or want to watch much of us this year but if we can do this against the Gino’s where have they been this year? I’m guessing a butt chewing at half time will change things in the second half but who knows.

So this is just my opinion but I HATE the family coaching crap that OU has allowed lately. I don’t think Sherri’s boy has any credibility or pedigree but has landed a premium job because of his mom. Also didn’t like the Stoops deal or the Kruger deal. Just doesn’t belong and in my business for 30 years it isn’t allowed either. Never.

I agree full heartedly! What kind of credentials does SCS son have over some other potential coaches?? maybe it was one of her stipulations in renewing her contract? We could have gotten one of our previous stars in which would have definitely helped us with recruiting!

I love what I'm seeing in this first half against Connecticut but almost certainly cannot last, unfortunately, Connecticut just has too much talent and every single one of their players is probably playing their worst game of the year so far....but, nothing is impossible. If we can pull this game out it would wake up a lot of people and maybe rejuvenate some fans and support in our program! Fingers crossed, I just hope they don't fall apart and end up losing by 40!

Looks like Sherri & Colton letting the air out of the ball a little..not gonna work

UConn showed up. They just missed some shots, and they aren't all that much more athletic than Madi, Shaina, and Taylor. You have to believe they will put it together more effectively in the second half. But, we may begin to believe in ourselves as well.

This is why I thought the game would be interesting and fun. We don't have the experience. But, we may have the ability to hang with them better than we have had.

I 100% disagree with the athletic comment. Don’t know what game you are watching but UConn is on a different planet in athleticism - much more in shape and totally different level. But glad we are catching them on a bad night lol

Having a small line up is killing us. Their bigs are just not even jumping and grabbing rebounds over top us while not fouling. Sherri needs to learn how to recruit someone over 6 feet lol

Sorry for another post but I Love Pellington about 25% of the time but man she is KILLING us so much tonight. So out of control much of the time

Starting the 6 foot Madi at center would only work if Dee was able to start at the 4... with out Mandy or Dee in the starting line OU would be way to small.

Coale should go back to coaching school and learn how to set picks - Robertson is red hot and she doesn’t even set one pick to free her. Terrible coaching in my opinion - when you have someone like that and she only gets 12 shots that falls on the Coach Every time !!

Back