VCU pace of play

Reaction score
After reading Henzo's interview with the VCU dude it sounds like they are a pressing, run and gun team. It should be a fun game to watch

Don't you guys think that pace favors us? I think as long as we defend the 3 we win. What do you guys think?

I think that a young team going on the road for the first time and playing a team that just lost thier first game on the road spells disaster for the good guys. Not saying that OU is going to lose [because I am a homer i'll pick them by 10 pts.], but I'm not real comfortable in saying that any of the intangibles favor us in any way, shape or form...specfically pace. I could very easily see Tiny in foul trouble early, maybe even WWIII...that is the kind of crap that happens on the road this time of year.

I agree. Early road game to a team that just lost is not the ideal situation. I think OU can and should win but this is most certainly not a lock.

If they do play an uptempo pressing style of game i think it favors our athletes...

We will struggle in all types of games because of our youth, but this type of game best fits us because the guys can just go out there and make plays...

Like never before are we better suited for this style...TMG is as quick as they come and has that ball on a string...WW, well we all know what he can do...and i think it will help hide our ineffective post play right now...

Will be fun and if they can limit turnovers, which obviously is a serious issue right now, we can win this game.....possibly going away...

If they do play an uptempo pressing style of game i think it favors our athletes...

We will struggle in all types of games because of our youth, but this type of game best fits us because the guys can just go out there and make plays...

Like never before are we better suited for this style...TMG is as quick as they come and has that ball on a string...WW, well we all know what he can do...and i think it will help hide our ineffective post play right now...

Will be fun and if they can limit turnovers, which obviously is a serious issue right now, we can win this game.....possibly going away...
x2, & as a bonus, if this gets going uptempo, it could very well neutralize the effectiveness of Sanders (to a certain degree), unless he can run the floor well (like a certain big guy we had last year).

Sanders has had four fouls in both games he's played this year. If he gets in foul trouble this game. vcu will be in trouble. Burgess is the one who concerns me. He's a good scorer. It will be great to see how TMG handles rodriguez their point guard. I think Willie will get his. We need a good shooting night, sanders in foul trouble, good defense, and sound rebounding. Three of the four will get us the win. GO SOONERS! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:OUbball-logo::clap

Back