Who plays who?

dsuits

Reaction score
Glancing over the roster, I like a lot of the pieces for next year. We have versatility and length across the board. This team could and should be pretty good defensively. Heck, Harmon is the only player under 6'4" and I would label him more of a plus defender than a liability at this point.

The biggest question mark this early in the summer has to be Alondes. We need Alondes Williams to qualify this summer and come in ready to go from the jump. Is it correct to say if he doesn't make it in, he'll have to set the first semester and come in during Big-12 play? I think Hill could slide down but I would feel a lot better knowing Williams is a option and part of the backcourt with Bieniemy, Reaves and Harmon. Am I wrong in thinking the idea of Doolittle playing on the wing more will almost have to happen if Williams eligibility falls through? Can you get away with playing Harmon, Reaves and Bienimy 30-35 minuets each for the season?

Based on the 200 minuets allotted per game I could see it going something like this if Williams doesn't make it.

15 min> Kur Kuath RS JR (6-10; C)
15 min> Victor Iwuakor FR (6-8; C/PF)
10 min> Ricky Issanza FR (7-1; C)

30min > Kristian Doolittle SR (6-7, F/C) (15 to 20 minutes at the 3 spot)
30 min > Brady Manek JR (6-9; F)
0 min > Corbin Merritt RS SO (6-9; PF/C) (Already RS but uses this season as a development year for JR and SR year campaign)

15 min > Jalen Hill FR (6-7; F)
0 min > Anyang Garang FR (6-9; F) (RS year?)

25 min > Austin Reaves RS JR (6-5; G)
0 min > Alondes Williams JR (6-5; G) (20-25 min if he qualifies)

30 min >Jamal Bieniemy SO (6-4; G)
30 min > De'Vion Harmon FR (6-0; G)

IMO, If Williams qualifies this summer I think you see a smaller starting lineup much like last year. By adjusting 3 to 5 minuets from certain players to get Williams court time. If Willams situation doesn't work out I can see us going bigger just on necessity for at least the first semester. Either way I think our post presence with Kur, Vic and Ric is much more talented as a group compared to Money, Freeman and Polla. I think the same could be said about Reaves, Harmon, Williams and Hill over James, Odoms, Reynolds and Caliexte. Although those last 4 played a lot of games I still like the upside and overall playing styles of the new comers.

Anyways, how do you think it will shake out?

Glancing over the roster, I like a lot of the pieces for next year. We have versatility and length across the board. This team could and should be pretty good defensively. Heck, Harmon is the only player under 6'4" and I would label him more of a plus defender than a liability at this point.

The biggest question mark this early in the summer has to be Alondes. We need Alondes Williams to qualify this summer and come in ready to go from the jump. Is it correct to say if he doesn't make it in, he'll have to set the first semester and come in during Big-12 play? I think Hill could slide down but I would feel a lot better knowing Williams is a option and part of the backcourt with Bieniemy, Reaves and Harmon. Am I wrong in thinking the idea of Doolittle playing on the wing more will almost have to happen if Williams eligibility falls through? Can you get away with playing Harmon, Reaves and Bienimy 30-35 minuets each for the season?

Based on the 200 minuets allotted per game I could see it going something like this if Williams doesn't make it.

15 min> Kur Kuath RS JR (6-10; C)
15 min> Victor Iwuakor FR (6-8; C/PF)
10 min> Ricky Issanza FR (7-1; C)

30min > Kristian Doolittle SR (6-7, F/C) (15 to 20 minutes at the 3 spot)
30 min > Brady Manek JR (6-9; F)
0 min > Corbin Merritt RS SO (6-9; PF/C) (Already RS but uses this season as a development year for JR and SR year campaign)

15 min > Jalen Hill FR (6-7; F)
0 min > Anyang Garang FR (6-9; F) (RS year?)

25 min > Austin Reaves RS JR (6-5; G)
0 min > Alondes Williams JR (6-5; G) (20-25 min if he qualifies)

30 min >Jamal Bieniemy SO (6-4; G)
30 min > De'Vion Harmon FR (6-0; G)

IMO, If Williams qualifies this summer I think you see a smaller starting lineup much like last year. By adjusting 3 to 5 minuets from certain players to get Williams court time. If Willams situation doesn't work out I can see us going bigger just on necessity for at least the first semester. Either way I think our post presence with Kur, Vic and Ric is much more talented as a group compared to Money, Freeman and Polla. I think the same could be said about Reaves, Harmon, Williams and Hill over James, Odoms, Reynolds and Caliexte. Although those last 4 played a lot of games I still like the upside and overall playing styles of the new comers.

Anyways, how do you think it will shake out?

Reaves plays more. Little less for manek and doo.
Kur will play more mins.

Jamal and DH prolly 5 less each

if williams doesn't make it in this summer it means he didn't qualify and he then would likely never play at OU

Say Williams unfortunately can’t make it until January, can he redshirt?

Say Williams unfortunately can’t make it until January, can he redshirt?

I don't see why not, and that would be better than playing in January. That never works out well.

Never know with juco. All signs point to August

Back