2024 2 Signees 1 open ship offers/prospects

I don't want to hijack the thread and I don't want to be a wet blanket, but it's strange to feel excited and disgusted at the same time. I hate NIL and what it has done to college sports. Yeah, I'm that old guy that longs for yesteryear knowing it will never come back.

This is a big deal...I'm also that old guy that thinks wtf . Just make lemonade out of this crap until it gets fixed or it damages college sports beyond repair .

I don't want to hijack the thread and I don't want to be a wet blanket, but it's strange to feel excited and disgusted at the same time. I hate NIL and what it has done to college sports. Yeah, I'm that old guy that longs for yesteryear knowing it will never come back.
I'm with you. I found myself feeling glad to hear he may be a Sooner but not wanting to know anything about how much money he's getting. I'm the same way (to a lesser degree) with pro sports. Discussion of contracts and salaries bores me to tears; at the college level, it's not just boring but painful, since it's another reminder of how college sports are changing for the worse (in my view). I know our guys are getting money, but honestly, I'd just as soon not know how much (I understand it doesn't reflect well on me that I prefer to keep my head in the sand on this topic).

100%

It disgusts me too. But I choose to think of it as, how many guys have we lost due to NIL, that we otherwise would have signed straight up? So even though I feel dirty to say... Glad we're playing the game. Will take me awhile to get used to also, and I hope things change back more to what we're used to. It felt better back in the "old days" when we would get a recruit on the program's merits, tradition, coaching, etc. But right now it is what it is I guess.

Also, did OU just massively pump up their bball NIL program? Wow..

Supposedly it’s a done deal. Trilly confirmed in his paid account stuff.

Reports are $350k for oswin to come to OU.

I have a hard time believing that but who knows
ugh...I know I know...play the game but man this SUCKS A$$...I absolutely hate the NIL. It's totally gone the wrong direction...IMHO.

I thought it was if I had business I could pay X player to do a commercial or autograph signing...ya know actually let the player USE THEIR Name/ Image to get some cash..off of their hard work at BECOMING a value to the fans of said program. Now it's just like the pros...$$$ on POTENTIAL for these incoming FR.

ugh...I know I know...play the game but man this SUCKS A$$...I absolutely hate the NIL. It's totally gone the wrong direction...IMHO.

I thought it was if I had business I could pay X player to do a commercial or autograph signing...ya know actually let the player USE THEIR Name/ Image to get some cash..off of their hard work at BECOMING a value to the fans of said program. Now it's just like the pros...$$$ on POTENTIAL for these incoming FR.
it was always going to be this way .... X has a company i pay player for use of their NIL period ... they don't have to do anything they just gave me the right to use their NIL ...

If the OU bball NIL was willing to pony up the money for this guy…might they do it for an elite player in the next cycle?

I’m encouraged that it sounds like OU did everything they could’ve done. Maybe we should target some elite players closer to our recruiting region. Am I being too optimistic?

Back