2025 Recruiting Thread

Sooo.. Racial bias towards white players.. but only from high school and not the portal. What a weird stance.

It's kinda like a baseball stat. "He hits curveballs well in the month of May against lefties who are shorter than 6 feet tall in evenly numbered years after a full moon."

I don’t think it makes sense to sign large fr classes anymore in the free transfer era. Most fr are not waiting around multiple years to become starters.
As we sit today with the roster that's been constructed (assuming Moore returns), we'd have Northweather, Cole, Forsythe, and Atak. Maybe Nwankwo? I'm not sure what his eligibility looks like. That means we already know for sure we will need to fill 8-9 roster spots.

And that's not factoring in the possibility that one or multiple of those guys transfer. As much as we all want to lean on the transfer portal for immediate production, we need a few guys that can act as cornerstones and stick around for a few years like we were hoping with Uzan. That kind of stability is important, even if people don't think it's attainable.

All that being said, I'd say we should be shooting for a class of 4 to 5 high school players with the expectation of bringing in 4 to 5 portal players as well. The 2 to 3 players we've been bringing in annually since Moser's been here isn't enough IMO.

Something I've noticed since Moser got here, and I'm not looking to stir the pot or have a conservation on race, but does it seem like Moser has offered a high percentage of white players since getting to OU? Would be tough to compare to prior HC's (offers), but it sure seems like Moser has offered way more than I can remember previous staffs offering.

Again, not arguing for or against, just something I've noticed.

Calling PM a racist wasn't on the Bingo Card today but here we are... Did you see the previous 9 offers above the 3 white guys?

Lol. Lmao even

Johnson needs to be smart.

He's a mid major talent right now. Head to Tulsa or somewhere like that. Get on the court and if things go well, bounce up to the major level.

Any relation to Jamar Toombs? Former A&M rb
It's not his son. Cousin/nephew or something like that? Not sure.

I don’t think it makes sense to sign large fr classes anymore in the free transfer era. Most fr are not waiting around multiple years to become starters.
Sadly this is true. Also you need to play freshmen more now sometimes even if they aren't really ready.

Yeah, that's my fault. Didn't look around more. He was supposed to play for them but is playing for "Team Thad (Young) Nation".

I don't have access to 247...but maybe others do and want to read.

Oklahoma: "Their assitant coach has come to my school a few times and we've had sit down talks about school things. I'm interested in them and starting to get comfortable."

It’s pay so I won’t copy the whole thing, but at this point I’d say there’s ground to be made up. JMO.

Calling PM a racist wasn't on the Bingo Card today but here we are... Did you see the previous 9 offers above the 3 white guys?
I didn't call him a racist. I said it seems like he offers more white players than we typically offered prior to him being our HC. If YOU want to make the leap to that being calling him racist, that's on you.

I notice the resident "stat" nerds didn't chime in. Wonder why?

Offers under PM (white/black):
2024 - 5/25
2023 - 4/15
2022 - 9/26

Offers under LK (white/black):
2021 - 5/28
2020 - 3/23
2019 - 5/49

PM - 18/66 (27%)
LK - 13/100 (13%)

Stats per 247's offer listings on the OU pages for each year. I'll admit, those lists don't seem 100% accurate, but I don't believe it would change the numbers.

In the world I live in, offering 38% more white kids, and/or more than doubling the percentage of white kids offered, is kind of in line with what my original post was trying to say. I never said it was a good or bad thing. I never said it was a preference of PM, and certainly never called him a racist. It was just something I had noticed, and in my mind, before looking up the numbers, I thought it had been a pretty significant change. The numbers back that up.

This is where you sit down and stfu. LOL

And yes, I limited this to HS recruiting which, while not mentioned directly in my initial post, was definitely the type of recruiting I had in mind when I made the comment. LK didn't really live in the same Portal world either.

Back