47 and 62 points

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
That's what we limited two high major programs and potentially 5 NBA players to. Very impressed with D

That's what we limited two high major programs and potentially 5 NBA players to. Very impressed with D

Totally agree that the defense has been much better. Seems like Capel has gotten thru a bit.
I'm curious though....who are the 5 NBAers?

potential NBAers
'
Wise
Horne
Williams
Clark
Powell

Wise
Horne
Williams
Clark
Powell

No way Rotnei Clarke plays in the NBA... I would say the others are QUESTIONABLE at best. Horne can't shoot or handle the ball well enough and he is a small forward, and Wise is really small. Powell is a tweener at 6'6'' 6'7'', and I really don't see him in the NBA either.

They are all really good college players, but nobody at the next level IMO.

No way Rotnei Clarke plays in the NBA... I would say the others are QUESTIONABLE at best. Horne can't shoot or handle the ball well enough and he is a small forward, and Wise is really small. Powell is a tweener at 6'6'' 6'7'', and I really don't see him in the NBA either.

Derrick Williams will play in the NBA...he's going to be a player the next few years.

So no room in todays NBA for a Scotty Brooks, Tim Legler, John and Jim Paxton, Craig Hodges, and Steve Kerr?

I would not rule out Clark even though he is small. Im not sure about the rest, but most of them are not sure fire NBA players. That being said the D and effort is much improved.

Regardless, the job Jeff Capel has done since AK turning this team around so far has been phenomenal. This looks like an entirely different group and the effort they are now putting out is easy to see. Games coming up against Utah, UTEP and Zaga will be a real test.

I would not rule out Clark even though he is small. Im not sure about the rest, but most of them are not sure fire NBA players. That being said the D and effort is much improved.

the word was potential. all of them have been rated in some draft service down the line with the exception of powell.

Back