84 Morgan State 41
66 Morehead State 56
North Florida Paradise Jam

12-0
87 at TCU 82 +1
58 at Texas 79 LOSS
Kansas State

Last edited:
Not hugely impressive, but Wichita State is a veteran team. They were only 15-16 last year but returned most of their scoring and rebounding this year. They have Diamond Lockhart, who played her freshman year at TTU. Also have Tamara Lee from Edmond Santa Fe.

I don't expect a whole lot from this Cowgirl team, but to win as convincingly as they did impressed me.

A lot will be revealed about OSU in the coming weeks. Tennessee in Cancun, @ MS State, and hosting UCLA before Fall semester Finals begin. I think OSU ends up in the WNIT at best this year.

Texas, KSU and OSU all play again tonight but I would expect more of the same, unless UT-RGV is some kind of sleeper team.

the big 12 might get 4/5 teams in the big dance... but the conference still isn't as strong as past years.

BU will prolly suffer it's first loss today at UCLA. Kim will not coach the team due her daughter losing her unborn child. We will also be down 2 starters Wallace and Cox. Not sure what's going on with Kristy but Lauren is in the hospital with her diabetes. Our lack of depth this year will be verrrrrrry interesting:(

Lauren has type 1 which is harder to maintain and adding the fact that she had strep it just threw her immune system out of whack.

Not a Baylor fan but best wishes to all (bigger things in life than WBB)

I agree,I know first hand how hard a miscarriage can be.... and Diabetes has impacted my family as well...

I currently have type 2 and my wife has had a miscarriage so I can relate. You are correct in that are far more important things in life than the game of basketball. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated from Baylor nation.

I look forward to the day that diabetes is a distant memory like polio, smallpox, diphtheria, and typhoid.

I have not really seen much action from other Big 12 teams but based on box scores and game recaps this is how I would see it right now:

1. Texas
2. Baylor
3. WVU
4-7. OU, TCU, OSU, KSU
8-10. TTU, ISU, KU

Before Tuesday I would have had OU by themselves at 4 but not so sure anymore. OSU goes to Starkville on Sunday to play MSU then UCLA visits GIA the next weekend so a lot will be found about how good they are. Baylor plays Stanford on Sunday as well but not really too many intriguing matchups in the Big 12/SEC series.

The loss at UALR did throw some vinegar on to the ice cream. Since I didn't see it (although having paid to see it), I can't really comment on what happened. It did seem that there were a number of player control fouls called on OU, from reading the live stats and the way they handle it. Hurt us at times.

Maddie and Gabbi had a couple of bad games. Maddie scored late against Oregon, and Gabbi picked it up against UALR. But, they simply had bad nights. Last year about this time, Maddie couldn't buy a shot. I think she missed fifteen straight threes over four + games. Then, she became our best three-point shooter for the year. Would have looked really good without those fifteen straight misses.

I don't have a clue as to what WV has. If they win every game in their post season, they will not have had one win as good as our win over Colorado State (or Belmont). Total fluff. It may be Texas-Baylor and whatever this year. I thought we would contend since I think we have more talent than we have had. But, it has not yet learned to take over a game. If it were to come together, we might finish better than we did last year.

But, depth and fouls may limit how we play defense. If they call it close, we may not be able to defend. UALR was a bad team, and I can't figure this game.

The loss at UALR did throw some vinegar on to the ice cream. Since I didn't see it (although having paid to see it), I can't really comment on what happened. It did seem that there were a number of player control fouls called on OU, from reading the live stats and the way they handle it. Hurt us at times.

Maddie and Gabbi had a couple of bad games. Maddie scored late against Oregon, and Gabbi picked it up against UALR. But, they simply had bad nights. Last year about this time, Maddie couldn't buy a shot. I think she missed fifteen straight threes over four + games. Then, she became our best three-point shooter for the year. Would have looked really good without those fifteen straight misses.

I don't have a clue as to what WV has. If they win every game in their post season, they will not have had one win as good as our win over Colorado State (or Belmont). Total fluff. It may be Texas-Baylor and whatever this year. I thought we would contend since I think we have more talent than we have had. But, it has not yet learned to take over a game. If it were to come together, we might finish better than we did last year.

But, depth and fouls may limit how we play defense. If they call it close, we may not be able to defend. UALR was a bad team, and I can't figure this game.

West Virginia appears to be really solid so far, without Martin too. I say we are lucky if we land in the number 4 spot at the end of Big 12 play. We just simply don't have the personnel. And it is only SC's fault. For such a 'great' coach you would think after the 2012 season (Maddie's first season?), she would have made sure to avoid something like this happening again. I think the whole coaching staff just sat on their butts after the two transfers instead of aggressively going after some of these late signings and it's showing now. Add in the chronically injured Rich and a disappointing Treece and we sit where we are, lucky to go .500 in the Big 12 this year. It really aggravates me because I love my alma mater and love to see us succeed. In fact, it seems like we do in every sport recently except WBB. I feel like this season is a write-off and i'm already looking forward to a new group of kids next year. I think we can be either really good or go through some growing pains. fingers crossed that Llanusa figures out her game and our seniors somehow change their normally disappointing performances and we have a good rest of the season, but here's to hoping..

West Virginia appears to be really solid so far, without Martin too. I say we are lucky if we land in the number 4 spot at the end of Big 12 play. We just simply don't have the personnel. And it is only SC's fault. For such a 'great' coach you would think after the 2012 season (Maddie's first season?), she would have made sure to avoid something like this happening again. I think the whole coaching staff just sat on their butts after the two transfers instead of aggressively going after some of these late signings and it's showing now. Add in the chronically injured Rich and a disappointing Treece and we sit where we are, lucky to go .500 in the Big 12 this year. It really aggravates me because I love my alma mater and love to see us succeed. In fact, it seems like we do in every sport recently except WBB. I feel like this season is a write-off and i'm already looking forward to a new group of kids next year. I think we can be either really good or go through some growing pains. fingers crossed that Llanusa figures out her game and our seniors somehow change their normally disappointing performances and we have a good rest of the season, but here's to hoping..
This is what happens when a coach and staff doesn't have any pressure to win. I said many times Sherri Coale I'm sure is a fine person but far as a coach goes..not so great. I say again cut her salary, if she doesn't like it then resign. She been having it way to easy lately.

OU Women's Basketball
----16 straight NCAA appearances
----3 Final Fours

In that same time frame:
OU Men's Basketball
----0 straight NCAA appearance
----missed in 2004, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017
----missed two of six with Lon Kruger
----2 Final Fours

Do we need to get rid of Kruger?

Making it to the big dance is good, but why not list the last time we won the big 12, Finished top 2 in the big 12, went to the final four, Finished in the top 10 Nationally...

Depending on how Madison Williams finish ranked it’s been years since we’ve signed a top 10 recruit... at one time OU was on the same level as a ND, Maryland, Tennessee, Stanford, Duke, and a few other teams just below Uconn... now OU is on the same level as Rutgers, LSU, UNC, and the other teams from 2000-2010 that were elite teams at one time, but now just having a conference record above 500 and making it to atlest the 2nd round of the tournament is what we should call successful? The big 12 is down and has been down for years, stick OU in the ACC, SEC, Pac12 maybe even the American conference and I’m not sure we make the tournament with some of the teams Sherri has been putting on the floor.

OU will continue to struggle this season because ViVi is our best player
Lack of depth
No movement on offense
No legitimate power forward on the roster
No real bench scoring
Assist to turnover numbers
One consistent 3 point shooter
No go to player down the stretch

I also think Sherri has been bad at in game adjustments for years, and now she doesn’t have the talent that she’s had in years past (CP3, DRob, Aaryn) to make up for that gap... this is the same coach that let Louisville tie up what was a double figure lead in the final four, only to say it’s ok the score is back to 0-0.

Back