Big Twelve

Syb, your premise is faulty as usual. There is far more excellent competition in men’s basketball than in the women’s game. If The two sports were able to be equally compared, Lon would have about 10 championships and Sherri would still have none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syb, your premise is faulty as usual. There is far more excellent competition in men’s basketball than in the women’s game. If The two sports were able to be equally compared, Lon would have about 10 championships and Sherri would still have none.

Gibberish. Sexism.

Baylor takes another hit losing Oliver for the season to an ACL tear in Kentucky game☹️. Down to 9 now.

OU Women's Basketball
----16 straight NCAA appearances
----3 Final Fours

In that same time frame:
OU Men's Basketball
----0 straight NCAA appearance
----missed in 2004, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017
----missed two of six with Lon Kruger
----2 Final Fours

Do we need to get rid of Kruger?

I don't know that you prove a point at all. First of all, Kruger has not been here as long as SC has. Second, Kruger has has success very quickly at OU, just like SC did. Compare Kruger's career overall to SC's and I'd say he's had more success in general than her. I don't know that you can compare WBB to MBB using the same parameters of success, I just don't.
I just think that SC is content. I don't know about docking her pay, but she's got to have a fire lit under her somehow. The whole coaching staff just seems so darn lackadaisical! I have paid to watch almost every single game this year and I've seen SC's demeanor during these pathetic displays of games and it just seems like there's no passion. And I agree, she makes no adjustments. I think it's clear as day that our two Good freshmen should be in the starting lineup, but for some silly reason SC is holding onto Williams and Simpson (neither in my opinion are DI caliber players) and expects success. I think putting these two freshmen in and them making some early baskets that the other two less talented girls could not make could very easily change the flow of the game early on and we would not necessarily see these big holes early on like we got ourselves into at UALR. I'm not a coach, didn't even play BB in school, but I think these adjustments are a given. I've noticed over the years that SC tends to have favorites and hang onto them even when it is clear they are less talented than some other players. Case in point Simpson. I just don't get it... She doesn't hustle and lay out for balls on every single play like was promised and she has not yet shown this amazing rebounding skill set she evidently possesses, needless to say her offensive game is nonexistent. To be even more brutally honest, none of our girls even have jump shots!! That's one thing I've noticed especially in this last game. I think if Shaina can just develop one, or attempt some, she'd be even more of an offensive weapon. I hate to rant and be negative but enough is enough, these coaches need to make a change and do it soon before we end of having a horrible season.
I will say it now - I don't know that we will win against any ranked team with the way we are playing. I'm nervous about Florida, USF and even New Mexico. Last game was just such poor quality ball I cringed at times. I'm praying for a change and a quick one at that because I'm a fan regardless and will watch them win or lose, it just is much better on my blood pressure to see them win.

Last edited:
The only gibberish in this thread is from your mouth, Syb. We’re all used to that here.

This isn't even close to a legitimate argument, considering LK wasn't even here much of that time. The crazy thing is that I'm sure Syb recognized that at the time he posted it. Didn't feel quite right, did it? I agree that it isn't time to fire SC...yet. However, that belief isn't based on flawed logic.

OU Women's Basketball
----16 straight NCAA appearances
----3 Final Fours

In that same time frame:
OU Men's Basketball
----0 straight NCAA appearance
----missed in 2004, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017
----missed two of six with Lon Kruger
----2 Final Fours

Do we need to get rid of Kruger?
Defend her all you want, but OU women program is at a stand still...at best. I really believe it will keep falling, and none of us here want that.

You are free to make your case. But, it is still sexism if you attack her while leaving Kruger alone. She didn't finish 5-13 and ninth in the conference last year, and hasn't since 1998 before she built the program when there were actually twelve teams.

I have not really seen much action from other Big 12 teams but based on box scores and game recaps this is how I would see it right now:

1. Texas
2. Baylor
3. WVU
4-7. OU, TCU, OSU, KSU
8-10. TTU, ISU, KU

Before Tuesday I would have had OU by themselves at 4 but not so sure anymore. OSU goes to Starkville on Sunday to play MSU then UCLA visits GIA the next weekend so a lot will be found about how good they are. Baylor plays Stanford on Sunday as well but not really too many intriguing matchups in the Big 12/SEC series.

OSU and Miss. State are playing on the SEC Network now. OSU is hanging with them so far.

MSU leads 44-41 at the half. Bulldogs took the lead on a very weak call that resulted in a three-point play.

Last edited:
OSU and Miss. State are playing on the SEC Network now. OSU is hanging with them so far.

MSU leads 44-41 at the half. Bulldogs took the lead on a very weak call that resulted in a three-point play.

MSU held off OSU 79-76 in Starkville. OSU's Loryn Goodwin finished with 35 points and 10 rebounds.

MSU held off OSU 79-76 in Starkville. OSU's Loryn Goodwin finished with 35 points and 10 rebounds.

Damn. Looks like their coach actually went and got some talent in the off season and will have a dang competitive team this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they knocked off UT or BU in one of their meetings. This is what I wished OU was like, but it isn't and will not be with the laziness of the coaching staff. The decision she made of the starting five today proved my point, it seems she doesn't even care, it's clear as day that ana and Shaina need to be starting but instead she goes for Simpson and Penzo???? WTH?

Lauren has type 1 which is harder to maintain and adding the fact that she had strep it just threw her immune system out of whack.

Much more difficult to manage type 1 especially as an athlete and not really controllable when you are sick with something like step. Probably hospitalized as a precaution to help her get control more so than being extremely ill.

Good chance OU can still finish 4th in the big 12, Baylor isn't a strong 3 point shooting team, so when OU plays Baylor we could just double down on Brown and see if someone can beat us from outside... Stopping Brown won't be easy, but It's possible we can beat them at home

Texas looks legit Aston goes deep into her bench, but every player doesn't get heavy minutes I expect some of them to transfer they could lose the whole freshman class

WVA is going to be Hard to beat, OU always struggles with them and King had a great game yesterday and should match up well with Vivi, I think they will finish tied for 1st with Texas...

We I think we split with Baylor but lose to both Texas and WVA twice.

Good chance OU can still finish 4th in the big 12, Baylor isn't a strong 3 point shooting team, so when OU plays Baylor we could just double down on Brown and see if someone can beat us from outside... Stopping Brown won't be easy, but It's possible we can beat them at home

Texas looks legit Aston goes deep into her bench, but every player doesn't get heavy minutes I expect some of them to transfer they could lose the whole freshman class

WVA is going to be Hard to beat, OU always struggles with them and King had a great game yesterday and should match up well with Vivi, I think they will finish tied for 1st with Texas...

We I think we split with Baylor but lose to both Texas and WVA twice.

Just exactly what kind of drugs are you on, because I want some.

Just exactly what kind of drugs are you on, because I want some.

I haven't seen OSU, or TCU play, they have winning records right now but I think we can at worst split with OSU and I think we sweep TCU. Kansas is 7-0 but they haven't played any strong teams.

Baylor is a winnable game to me, I Sherri should play zone double her the whole game and make Cox take that free throw line jumper...

I watched TCU lose at home to Yale. Bad team. Can't shoot.

Back