Bracket Matrix

Where are all those people that were so sure OU had a 1 seed, even with a loss to WVU? Heck, some even suggested OU had a 1 seed locked up had we lost to ISU.

I was one of those people, so I'll man up. I never said OU would be a 1 seed with a loss to ISU, and I only suggested OU had a good chance with a win against ISU. What I, and I assume other optimists, didn't anticipate was Oregon running roughshod through the Pac 12 tournament and adding the eye test to their already impressive resume. I still think if we had beaten West Virginia it would have been really interesting between OU and Virginia for that last 1 seed.

I was one of those people, so I'll man up. I never said OU would be a 1 seed with a loss to ISU, and I only suggested OU had a good chance with a win against ISU. What I, and I assume other optimists, didn't anticipate was Oregon running roughshod through the Pac 12 tournament and adding the eye test to their already impressive resume. I still think if we had beaten West Virginia it would have been really interesting between OU and Virginia for that last 1 seed.

Yep. If we beat WV, we might have been the #1 seed in the Midwest. But I do prefer how things played out. I think being the #2 in the West actually sets up better for us....and we potentially get to play Oregon and avoid Michigan State.

We got home court and the easiest road to the final four then any other one or two seed. We got a one seed in disguise of a two seed.

Back