Calling OUr Pessimist, a Question of bgrch1350

He is trying to get in touch with Capel to see if he can respond???

I wondered what had become of this thread.

bgrch1350 was pretty staunch in his opinions so it would be great to see his answers but he may not want to reply for good reason. :capelspin

I'm still wondering if 04 has come to his senses and started sporting a Dodgers hat yet? :woot

I'm still wondering if 04 has come to his senses and started sporting a Dodgers hat yet? :woot

Doubt it. I met him at the ND game and the only reason I recognized him was from his Padres lid. Good dude though and I enjoyed meeting one of my favorite reads on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wait another week or so for him. He'll show back up after we lose to Seton Hall or Michigan State with some sort of "told you so."

I hope OU beats Michigan State but does anyone really expect this young team to beat Michigan State? I personally don't. That doesn't mean I don't think they have a chance to win and/or don't want them to win. I am simply saying I am not going to be devastated if OU loses that game. I would really like to see OU beat Seaton Hall.

I hope OU beats Michigan State but does anyone really expect this young team to beat Michigan State? I personally don't. That doesn't mean I don't think they have a chance to win and/or don't want them to win. I am simply saying I am not going to be devastated if OU loses that game. I would really like to see OU beat Seaton Hall.

Exactly.
I think we can and should beat Seton Hall. They were a losing team last year, but I believe returned all 5 starters, so they're very experienced. It's no gimme. I'd just really like to beat them to get the chance to go against Michigan State. Give our guys a sense for what they need to do to compete at the highest level early in the season.

I'll be pretty disappointed if we can't handle Seton Hall on a neutral... They are a bigger name than what we've been playing, but if we are to be what most everyone on here wants this year, you have to win that game. Taking into account it's still early, a loss wouldn't be the total end of the world, but..

We should beat a SH, but then again, on paper, we probably should win every game on the rest of our schedule, except MSU, KU, KU, OSU, OSU, and maybe both Baylor games. Right? No way OU is only going to lose 6-7 games this year. Which means we are going to lose some games we shouldn't.

We're still a young team. Young teams have wtf games from time to time. We'll have a few of those this year. That may happen against a team like SH.

ISU will be tough. I don't care who is on their team.

Tech is much improved with tubby, caught their game with bama last night.

I apologize for my part in hijacking the thread, 04 (LOL), but:

Will the new emphasis on hand-checking, etc. give us a better chance to compete with a team like MSU? Tom Izzo has reserved his spot in the CBB HOF by teaching his teams to play the type of defense that is supposedly being legislated out of the game.

What do you guys think?

Tech is much improved with tubby, caught their game with bama last night.

Didn't Bama beat them fairly easily?
After we spotted them the big lead, Bama couldn't keep up with us at all.

Bama won by 12 and that's with releford going for 30.

Bama won by 12 and that's with releford going for 30.

Yeah but they led by 12 at halftime and by double digits the entire second half. It was never a game.

I'm not saying Tech won't be better. It would almost be impossible for them not to be. But they're still going to be bad.

Back on topic. How about it bgrch1350!

We're still waiting......

Back