Don't be so certain that TCU will suck

thebigabd

Reaction score
Head Coach: Trent Johnson
-Pac 10 Coach of the Year
-SEC Coach of the Year
-WAC Coach of the Year

PG: Kyan Anderson (5'11'' 175-soph)
-Mountain West Freshman of the Year. earned the honor after leading all league freshmen in scoring average (9.8 ppg; No. 19 overall), assists (3.07 apg; No. 8 overall), assist/turnover ratio (1.48; No. 7 overall) and minutes (34.64 mpg; No. 6 overall) during league action ... ranked No. 8 in the MW overall in assist average for the entire season. Was a backup to senior point guard Hank Thorns.

SG: Charles Hill (6'3'' 185-freshman)
-An extremely athletic combo guard prospect, Hill will be able to play multiple positions for TCU upon his arrival. A terrific athlete who can show signs of being an elite level player as he can take over games in spurts. He is a high flying athlete to the rim, really elevates well on his jumper, has 3 point range and a smooth jumper from 15-17 feet. He handles the ball well, can slash from the wing or finish in transition, can elevate and grab rebounds and has the talent to really defend.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnSqdcaghE0[/ame]

SF: Garlon Green (6'7'' 210-senior)
-Ended his junior season as the program's active career leader in games played (97) and points (829) ... concluded the year with an appearance streak of 78 consecutive contests ... led the team in free-throw percentage while ranking second in 3-pointers, third in scoring and fourth in rebounding. finished as the Frogs' leading scorer with 369 points, an 11.2-point-per-game average as a sophomore.

PF: Amric Fields (6'9'' 210-junior)
-Mountain West Sixth Man of the Year. leading all league bench players (five starts or fewer) in scoring during MW play (9.6 ppg) ... finished the regular season ranked tied for 20th overall in conference play in scoring average and was the top scorer for players with fewer than 10 starts ... saw action in all 33 contests, making eight starts ... led TCU in blocked shots and field-goal percentage while ranking third in scoring, fourth in 3-pointers and seventh in rebounding.

PF: Devonta Abron (6'8'' 255-Sophomore)
-Transfer from Arkansas who is appealing for immediate eligibility. Averaged 5.7 points and 4.2 rebounds in 32 games last season for Arkansas as a true freshman.

Don't know if I've seen you give one of your team previews to a team that didn't suck.

Talent level is low. But they have a good coach so they'll get decent eventually

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

mind-blown.gif

Don't know if I've seen you give one of your team previews to a team that didn't suck.

I like to see programs get built. It seems boring to say, "Breaking News: Kansas will be good at basketball again in 2013".

I like to see programs get built. It seems boring to say, "Breaking News: Kansas will be good at basketball again in 2013".

I used to not like these breakdowns, but then I took them for what they were and now appreciate the information on teams that I wouldn't necessarily know anything about.

I used to not like these breakdowns, but then I took them for what they were and now appreciate the information on teams that I wouldn't necessarily know anything about.

+1 and Thanks.

Talent level is low. But they have a good coach so they'll get decent eventually

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not that familiar with the assistant coaches at Tech, but you very well may be right. :ez-laugh:

Edit: I really pulled that one off, didn't I? Sorry, for some reason I thought abd was referring to texas tech (not TCU) in the original post. It just naturally seemed like a good opportunity for me to take a shot at BCG.

Last edited:

Exactly! No matter how one might feel about the topics bigabd brings to the board, he's one of the best thread starters we've ever had. He may be wrong from time to time. But it's hard to argue with the effort he puts in to research and present his topics of discussion. If OUHoops.com had more posters like bigabd, BigTime, Sooner23 and a few others I've no doubt missed, this board would never lack for new threads that create interest, excitement, and yes, controversy.

Keep it up, bigabd! :clap

i bet they'll be about as good as ABD's TX Tech Juco All star team he pegged as an up and coming force to be reckoned with haha

abd (and I) were right about the improvements at Colorado over the last couple years. lottery pick, NIT final four, Pac 10 champs, and an NCAA W in the last two years. as i recall he took a lot of crap for that...too.

maybe you guys are being a little reactionary here...Trent Johnson is a good hire. only Billy has ever had a decent TCU team in a metro area that ought to have some decent hoops...and TCU's football rise makes the AD some money that spreads around...

now, i think CU would have been a .500 club in the Big XII last season and made a nice run in the Pac Tourney in a down year for the Pac, but hey this is Colorado basketball we are talking about.

Last edited:
Back