Goodman's midseason transfer list >>> CBSsports.com

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Source Link

By Jeff Goodman

Ever since Northeastern coach Bill Coen told that he found Nkem Ojougboh (who turned out to be a pretty good player for the Huskies) from the transfer list, I decided I'd continue to put it together. It's a pain in the @#$, but if it helps one kid find a new spot, it's worth it.

Plus, all the college coaches harass me throughout the entire month of December.

As you can see, it's not exactly a list filled with household names.

Please send any additions/corrections to goodmancbs@gmail.com.

2011-12 MID-SEASON TRANSFER LIST

Lekan Ajayi, 6-11, F, Fr., Wyoming

DeAndre Barnette, 6-4, SG, Fr., Northern Illinois

Bruce Barron, 6-3, G, Fr., Oregon

Davonte Beard, 6-2, G, Fr., Siena

Khem Birch, 6-9, PF, Fr., Pittsburgh

DaQuan Brown, 6-10, C Jr., Fresno

Jabari Brown, 6-4, G, Fr., Oregon - Missouri, Georgia Tech

Pierre Brown, 6-5, F, Sr., Mount St. Mary's

Kaleb Clyburn, 5-9, G, Soph., Delaware

Orlando Coleman, 6-4, G, Fr., Morehead State

LaVonte Dority, 6-1, G, Soph., South Florida

Osamueda Egharevba, 6-6, F, Fr., Wichita State

Shai Fields, 6-4, G, Fr., Weber State

Chris Gabriel, 6-11, C, Jr., San Diego

Cody Henegar, 6-8, F, Soph., UNC Greensboro

Thomas Jacobs, 6-7, F, Soph., Cal State Northridge

Sidiki Johnson, 6-9, F, Fr., Arizona

Nurideen Lindsey, 6-1, G, Soph., St. John's

Tony Lester, 5-10, G, Fr., Missouri (walk-on)

Shaun Long, 6-10, F, Fr., Mississippi State

Matt Lopez, 7-0, C, Fr., La Salle

Jordan Mackie, 6-4, G, Soph., San Diego

Donte Medder, 6-2, G,. Jr., Tulsa

Bojan Mihajlovic, 6-6, F, Jr., UT Arlington

Jayme Moten, 5-11, PG, Fr., UT Pan American

Kevin Mulloy, 6-6, F, Soph., UC Irvine

Danny Mundweiler, 5-11, G, Jr., Wagner

Darius Nelson, 6-7, F, Fr., UTEP

Calvin Newell, 6-1, G, Soph., Oklahoma

Stacey Poole, 6-4, G, Soph., Kentucky

Chase Robinson, 6-3, G, Jr., Kennesaw State - PIKEVILLE

Steve Samuels, 6-4, G, Jr., St. Peter's

Courtney Stanley, 6-1, G, Sr., Loyola (Ill.)

Steven Thornton, 6-4, G, Fr., Utah State

Lamar Trice, 5-11, G, Sr., Mount St. Mary's

Daymon Warren, 6-9, C, RS Soph., George Washington

Reggie Williams, 6-2, G, Soph., Morehead State

maybe we should go after that Jhabari Brown kid!!

Man, there are some big kids on that list! Isn't it a bit unusual to see eight players 6' 9" or better transferring after one semester? Too bad we don't have any schollys left.

Man, there are some big kids on that list! Isn't it a bit unusual to see eight players 6' 9" or better transferring after one semester? Too bad we don't have any schollys left.

I think we have one left. I'm pretty sure the assistant coach that did the pre-game notes before the Arkansas said that they expected to get one more player in this class. I could be wrong, though.

I can see OU taking a transfer to round out the class... would be a nice way to round out the classes and add some experience when we lose our seniors in 2 years.

maybe we should go after that Jhabari Brown kid!!

I see what you did there...

But this Jabari Brown is apparently down to Mizzou and Georgia Tech.

Ada, you mentioned the number of 6-9+ guys. I'm more struck by the number of 5 star recruits. Two top 20 players are on that list.

Ada, you mentioned the number of 6-9+ guys. I'm more struck by the number of 5 star recruits. Two top 20 players are on that list.

I believe both went to multiple high schools, which is usually an indicator on if a player will transfer in college.

I believe both went to multiple high schools, which is usually an indicator on if a player will transfer in college.

Birch was a Canadian playing for US prep schools. I don't know this to be true, but I'd bet quite a few high level international athletes playing in the US transfer at least once.

Birch was a Canadian playing for US prep schools. I don't know this to be true, but I'd bet quite a few high level international athletes playing in the US transfer at least once.

There was a great article, I believe by CBS, a few months back that profiled how players that went to multiple high schools were more likely to transfer now then those that didn't.

I'll see if I can find it.

Never noticed that, Sawyer. An unusual list, to be sure, and clearly more than talent than we normally see in mid-year transfers.

Shaun Long, 6-10, F, Fr., Mississippi State

Isn't this the guy that OU offered late last year before they signed Arent?

Wasn't OU recruiting Lekan Ajayi at on point?

TU is losing Medder? I know he's been hurt, but he was highly regarded out of high school.

I don't know if OU ever recruited Ajayi, but Mizzou did briefly (one of the first names to surface after Haith was hired, I believe). Supposedly he had some academic concerns, and I noticed he hasn't played for Wyoming, but I haven't been able to find anything about whether he was a partial qualifier or just redshirting.

Same goes for Shawn Long (hasn't played at all this year).

I'd assume for these two (along with a large portion of this list), they'll be moving down a level, not up.

Back