How would you assemble next year's schedule?

Sooner23

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm already thinking about it.

Does our series with Arkansas continue next year? I know that we go to Arizona and play in the Maui Invitational against a hellacious field that includes Connecticut, Kentucky, Michigan State, Virginia, Washington and Wichita State.

This year we played 14 non-con games: seven at the LNC and seven away from the LNC, and that's turned out to be a bad recipe for a team playing four freshmen. Next year we lose two of our top scorers (Willie and Tony) and will likely be starting two newcomers (Cam Clark and hopefully a juco big man to be named later).

IMO, the only road games I'd schedule would be in the Maui, at Arizona, at Arkansas (if the series does continue) and whoever we play in the All-College. Then I'd just load up with nine non-conference cupcakes (with a couple decent mid-majors thrown in) at home and then have the five away.

Agree or disagree? Any announced games for next year I'm missing?

I haven't heard of any games for next year besides Maui and Arizona, so that is all we have to work with. If I am Capel, you have to bank on getting one quality win in Maui, the field is stacked. Arizona will be much improved and it's on the road, so I wouldn't worry about scheduling another big-time road game. Try to lure another BCS school into the LNC next year and revisit them a year later, that would play much to our advantage.

It's our turn as the premier game in the All-College, find a good team for that one as well. Besides that, load up at home and get W's.

PG: TMG (soph)
SG: Pledger (soph)
SF: Willis (junior)
PF: juco (junior)
C: Tiny (soph)

This will probably the be the starting lineup next year. Again, very young team. Pledger and Willis aren't seeing a ton of minutes this year, one player in the post will be brand new, and the team will have a whole new look without Willie and Crocker.

Arizona and Maui is enough for the tough games... Get some decent mid-majors (C-USA, Mountain West, WAC) teams to come to the LNC and the rest should be small conference teams. I wouldnt mind seeing OU vs. Tulsa in the All-College next year.

Man I think we need to back off of these non-conf "tournaments" after this year.

PG: TMG (soph)
SG: Pledger (soph)
SF: Willis (junior)
PF: juco (junior)
C: Tiny (soph)

This will probably the be the starting lineup next year. Again, very young team. Pledger and Willis aren't seeing a ton of minutes this year, one player in the post will be brand new, and the team will have a whole new look without Willie and Crocker.

Arizona and Maui is enough for the tough games... Get some decent mid-majors (C-USA, Mountain West, WAC) teams to come to the LNC and the rest should be small conference teams. I wouldnt mind seeing OU vs. Tulsa in the All-College next year.

if Ray Willis is in our starting lineup we are in for another long season.

It's hard to put Cameron Clark in there because we don't know anything about him yet.. How do we know 18 year Cameron is better than 20 year old Willis who has been with the team for a few years?

I have also heard a rumor about Juwanza Poland out of juco, who would probably start if OU signed him.

This.

Also don't see Davis not starting next year, to two kids that aren't starting over him this year.

I'm holding out hope that we get some JUCO help at at least one, if not two positions.

Back