Is Latavious Williams in Norman today?

Sooner23

Reaction score
Today was supposed to be the day he's in Norman. Any sightings?

He's scheduled to be. Judging by the fact he didn't commit to GU should help OU.

I've got to say I'm actually getting my hopes up on this deal. I don't know much about the guy but, from the sounds of it, he could really help OU next year.

How big of a game changer would this guy be? Especially in light of the Pattillo departure.

The last thing OU needs is another grades risk.

After Keith Clark and Pattillo Capel should not even be messing with some guy who is not qualified in May of his senior year.

After Keith Clark and Pattillo Capel should not even be messing with some guy who is not qualified in May of his senior year.
Even worse, he's not even qualified in his 5th year of high school (he's currently attending prep school because he couldn't qualify last year). IMO, OU needs to cut bait. Either take a flier on an unknown recruit or put that scholarship in their pocket and use it in the next class.

Even worse, he's not even qualified in his 5th year of high school (he's currently attending prep school because he couldn't qualify last year). IMO, OU needs to cut bait. Either take a flier on an unknown recruit or put that scholarship in their pocket and use it in the next class.

Off-topic, but this is absolutely astonishing to me. Maybe things have changed significantly since I left in 2003, but is graduating high school that hard?

Unbelievable...would love to have a talent like him on the team but I just feel we are setting ourselves up for disappointment regarding his academic standing.

Off-topic, but this is absolutely astonishing to me. Maybe things have changed significantly since I left in 2003, but is graduating high school that hard?

Unbelievable...would love to have a talent like him on the team but I just feel we are setting ourselves up for disappointment regarding his academic standing.

he graduated hs. he is trying to meet the ncaa min. qualification standards. they are not the same thing.

agree though, that he is certainly a player that could be an apr risk down the line if he does qualify.

With Patillo gone, OU is dealt a big blow in athleticism and versatility. They will need a hybrid 4 to match up in this league. Fitzgerald, Wright, and Hardrick can't do it.

Apparently he didn't come in today because he hasn't made the test score, but he's planning an unofficial visit at the end of the month. It doesn't make sense to me because it was apparent that he wasn't qualified. It just doesn't add up. Regardless, I still think OU needs to add that hybrid 4 and there are still some good players out their.

Apparently he didn't come in today because he hasn't made the test score, but he's planning an unofficial visit at the end of the month. It doesn't make sense to me because it was apparent that he wasn't qualified. It just doesn't add up. Regardless, I still think OU needs to add that hybrid 4 and there are still some good players out their.

Not bad. 9 minutes after an update stating this on OUinsider's pay-board.:ez-laugh:

Yea, this is a strange deal. Love to have him because we could use him. And I agree that if we don't get him we need to add someone.

Who are some of the players you are referring to as some good ones still out there?

Last edited:

Why? OU has a chance to be very good next year with Willie and company. You try and win now while you can. Who cares if he only lasts a year....he could help us next year.

That is worth a scholarship loss for the future to me.

Back