J.P. Olukemi tidbit

Henzo

Reaction score
Talented small forward J.P. Olukemi [Rivals] [Scout] is considered one of the best in the junior college ranks for the 2010 class. Oklahoma has been in on him early and he now says he intends to take an official visit to Norman on October 10 for the Oklahoma-Baylor football game.

Olukemi has great size and strength for a wing player. Uses his body to get rebounds and drive to the basket. He has the versatility to post up inside, but has the ability to step out and hit a shot from the perimeter, though he definitely needs to become more consistent from outside. Overall, he is a powerful wing player who takes care of the ball well and enjoys getting into the lane. When he gets there, he has the strength to get the ball to the rim.

Between Robert Goff [Rivals], Olukemi, and a few others -- it appears the Sooners are looking to tap back into the junior college ranks to subsidize some of the expected and potential losses after the 2009-10 season.

it appears the Sooners are looking to tap back into the junior college ranks to subsidize some of the expected and potential losses after the 2009-10 season.

I assume you're referring to Gallon being one and done? Thanks for the info.

Yes! Come on Olukemi, sign with the Sooners in October!

I assume you're referring to Gallon being one and done? Thanks for the info.

Losing a couple very experienced guys in Tony Crocker and Ryan Wright to graduation and then the potential early exits of Willie Warren and Tiny Gallon. I'm not sold on the idea of Gallon definitely leaving after next season, but it's a possibility considering he has said he desires to be one-and-done. Regardless of whether he returns or not, though, it's a very young team in 2010-11.

I assume the interest from UK was when BCG was there and they were recruiting Gillenwater? Who is recruiting him now.

I'll have to be honest with you Henzo, I'm not particualarly excited about OU going after multiple Juco guys, but Olukemi is a guy that I could be excited about. My concern is that if he is exclusively a wing, can OU sign two prep wings along with him. I would love to have a marquee guy and a top 200 prep like Grant or JJ Moore for instance. Is there room for that senario and Olukemi?

From the description of Olukemi, he sounds a bit like Nate Carter.

He's got good size, I haven't seen any film on him yet and rivals didn't have any. Funny Rivals and Scout don't have the same schools listed at all, not a single one. Rivals shows only an Oklahoma offer and Scout shows only a California offer. hmmmm.

I don't think the Scout profile has been updated in a while. I believe those were the main schools that were interested in him out of highschool. The interest by Kentucky was from Billy Gillespie, not Calipari.

His Rivals list is from this summer.

I wanted to add that J.P. Olukemi will be sitting out this year and will have three years to play for a Division One team.

Back