Jordan Woodard at the State Tournament Thursday-Saturday

Sam

Reaction score
Future Oklahoma point guard Jordan Woodard likely has three games left in his high school career as Edmond Memorial begins the 6A State Tournament Thursday in the Tulsa area (should be at the Mabee Center).

They play Broken Arrow in the first round, and I personally believe that because of Woodard and Shaquille Morris they're the favorites to win 6A. So for those in the Tulsa area, this is a chance to see Oklahoma's point guard of the future.

Here's some notes/observations.

- Not sure on the win total, but I do know that since Woodard began his high school career as a sophomore, Memorial has only lost 3 times (Edmond Santa Fe as a sophomore, Del City and Union as a junior) when he's been healthy. Pretty impressive at any level.

- I've only seen Woodard once since he's came back, and he's looked the best he's looked in a while. Just looks more explosive, always seems he's been carrying some nagging injuries since July.

- Woodard tends to play his best ball when the lights are the brightest. They're have been some games this year when I watched him and I thought he could do more against some lesser teams. But in big games (Midwest City and Edmond North come to mind), he really controls games. He isn't always going to light up the scoreboard, but he knows how to take care of the ball and run a team. He can also score in spurts and really change games quickly. So this could be a really big weekend for him.

- Assuming Memorial defeats Broken Arrow, they get the winner of Owasso-Putnam City West. Which of course features 2014 OU target Omega Harris (PCW) and 2015 OU target Shake Milton (Owasso), it would be a Friday game at the Mabee Center. Omega Harris shot the ball exceptionally well in Area play to get PCW to State, as he hit 7 threes in a loss to Ed Memorial, then I watched him hit 5 tonight to beat Lawton Ike. I also think Tyson Jolly (6'2 2015 wing) for Putnam City West has a chance to be an OU level recruit.

- This is just my opinion, but I think he'll be OU's starting point guard next season. He's more of a natural point than anyone on the current roster. He's already very naturally strong and get him in a college level weight room, and he could be one of the strongest guards in the Big 12 after a year or two.

Plays at Thursday at 7 PM, Mabee Center

If Memorial wins, Friday at 6PM, Mabee Center

Title Game 7:45 PM Saturday, Mabee Center

Re: Jordan Woodard at the State Tournament Next Weekend

Thanks, Sam! As usual, another great job on the reports you post here.

Do you know if any of Memorial's games will be on television or streamed live online? I'm also anxious to see Omega and Shake play, but Jordan is the one I really want to watch.

Thanks Sam. Always love your breakdowns. I hope Woodard has great success this weekend.

Saw Shake Milton play Friday night as Owasso beat BA. Milton is smooth with the ball in his hand and can really finish at the rim. Has a pretty and effortless jump shot as well. He is thin, but is only a sophomore so he may fill out some too. I was really impressed. Tulsa, OU and OSU had coaches in the crowd and maybe others too. Kid will be a high major recruit.

What time do Owasso and Putnam City West play on Thursday? Might try to catch a double-header.

Thanks!

PCW vs Owasso Thursday @3:30

Dont sleep on MWC...they may all be short, but man those kids can play some basketball. Watched them beat Santa Fe in Regionals.

I plan on making the Friday night game. Should be Woodard vs. Shake Milton or Omega Harris (hopefully all of which will be playing together in Norman in a few years).

Back