@ K-State would be a huge win!

Sooner-Bred

Reaction score
Trying not to look past tomorrow night, but a win on the road against K-State would go a LONG way for this program!

I really feel confident that we could come back and beat Texas at home the following monday, so starting conference play 5-0 is a big possibility, and would be very, very big.

Winning in Manhattan will be tough. I like this team but I'm not ready to look past anybody, even Tech. Well...maybe TCU...

Winning in Manhattan will be tough. I like this team but I'm not ready to look past anybody, even Tech. Well...maybe TCU...

It'll be especially tough considering we beat them twice last year.

This is a tough stretch coming up, I'm interested to see if our seniors can set the tone and we can go on a little run.

Yeah, they will be fired up for us, especially if we roll in there undefeated in conf

We need some quick healing. Grooms looks a bit slow after the ankle, hopefully he can speed up after a bit of rest on the ankle.

One game at a time. Techy first and foremost. Still playing young kids.

Yeah, they will be fired up for us, especially if we roll in there undefeated in conf

I think the one thing we might have going for us is the fact that they have KU rolling in the game after us... So they might be overlooking us.

That sounds like coach talk...

I know things are looking sweet right now. But we still start 2 pups and its a long physical season. There will be bumps, small and large.

Just two weeks ago a lot of people on here were saying we will only win a couple games in conference. Now we think we can beat just about anyone in conference? The truth is somewhere in between. We are better than we've been the last couple years. But we are still capable of losing to just about anyone.

Just two weeks ago a lot of people on here were saying we will only win a couple games in conference. Now we think we can beat just about anyone in conference? The truth is somewhere in between. We are better than we've been the last couple years. But we are still capable of losing to just about anyone.

This. One game at a time.

Grooms tweaked his ankle in practice, right? What physical issue was Hornbeak having? They said he tweaked something during Bedlam.

I still have nightmares about our mid conference season losing streaks where we just fall apart. I know this team is different but 1 game at a time is a good motto.

I still have nightmares about our mid conference season losing streaks where we just fall apart. I know this team is different but 1 game at a time is a good motto.

This next stretch of games terrifies me.
@KSU, Texas, @KU, @Baylor, KSU, @ISU, KU

We could easily win just 1 game in this stretch. If we can come out of that with 4 wins I will be stoked.

We could easily win just 1 game in this stretch. If we can come out of that with 4 wins I will be stoked.

Have to win 3 which means steal one on the road or take out KU at home

Why? OU swept KSU last year. Why fear them this year? I get that a road game is hard but I see zero reason to think OU can't/won't beat them at home.

What terrifies you about ISU or Baylor other than road games?

I will be very upset if OU loses to Texas in Norman.

KU has really dominated the conference but OU competed with Kansas for half a game last year in Norman and they are much better this year. I expect OU to play KU strong. They might lose but I expect OU to make a good showing.

OU is 3-0 right now, and playing better than at any time last year. But I do think we may need to check our hubris at the door a little. I love the confidence but I can't help but think we have maybe some wake up calls coming. I would be elated with 3 wins out of the next 7. Like always happens, we will probably lose one we think we shouldn't and win a road surprise. While I LOVED the win at WVU, I don't think we should get a false sense of security and start thinking we should beat everyone on the road. For most teams, the mantra is steal whatever you can on the road and protect your home court. Winning on the road is difficult enough against teams you overmatch, much less teams that are as good or slightly better... That being said if we beat KSU to go to 4-0 I will be elated. After last year, if we protect our home court and win maybe 3 road games I will be very satisfied. That would be an over 500 record and probably NCAA worthy...

OU is 3-0 right now, and playing better than at any time last year. But I do think we may need to check our hubris at the door a little. I love the confidence but I can't help but think we have maybe some wake up calls coming. I would be elated with 3 wins out of the next 7. Like always happens, we will probably lose one we think we shouldn't and win a road surprise. While I LOVED the win at WVU, I don't think we should get a false sense of security and start thinking we should beat everyone on the road. For most teams, the mantra is steal whatever you can on the road and protect your home court. Winning on the road is difficult enough against teams you overmatch, much less teams that are as good or slightly better... That being said if we beat KSU to go to 4-0 I will be elated. After last year, if we protect our home court and win maybe 3 road games I will be very satisfied. That would be an over 500 record and probably NCAA worthy...

What we say, think and do has zero impact on the outcome of the games.

Back