@ K-State would be a huge win!

What we say, think and do has zero impact on the outcome of the games.

Yes, this is true. So we each have our equally inconsequential opinions.

I'm with Mr. Stik. Until proven otherwise, I feel we're an unpredictable team equally capable of great wins and frustrating losses. Put another way, if I were a betting man, I'd say we finish an unconventional .500 in conference... Stealing a few on the road and bricking a few at home.

I think that gets us into the dance, and I'm optimistic for even better!

Why? OU swept KSU last year. Why fear them this year? I get that a road game is hard but I see zero reason to think OU can't/won't beat them at home.

What terrifies you about ISU or Baylor other than road games?

I will be very upset if OU loses to Texas in Norman.

KU has really dominated the conference but OU competed with Kansas for half a game last year in Norman and they are much better this year. I expect OU to play KU strong. They might lose but I expect OU to make a good showing.

And Tech beat OU in Lubbock last year. Last year doesn't mean anything.

Baylor, top to bottom, is a much more talented team and could beat anyone in the Big 12 on any given night.

ISU can also beat any Big 12 team with their style of play. ISU leaves and dies by the 3. Everyone in their lineup (including their bigs) can shoot 3s. And under Kruger we have seemed to struggle defending good 3 point shooting teams.

If you honestly can't see why these games are worrisome then you might be the biggest sunshine pumper here.

And under Kruger we have seemed to struggle defending good 3 point shooting teams.

That does not seem to be a true statement about this season. Ken Pom has us currently ranked 30th in the country defending the 3.

K-State will be a good test to see how well we have progressed. We are clearly improving and the depth that Kruger has patiently been developing is definitely an asset. I have seen a little bit of K-State play. They struggled against West Virginia at home so we may have a good shot.

Our identity is becoming clearer but still a way to go.

I think this is the biggest game in a few years. If we win this game, we can still lose to kansas at home and finish better than 500 in conference, which with Lon's standing in the NcAA, I think will get us in the NCAA tourney.

As weak as the conference is we have a good shot at finishing over .500 no matter what. Texas is bad, TCU and Tech are horrible. Let's say we finish with 1 more home loss the rest of the year. All we have to do is sweep one of those 3 Texas teams to make up for that. And I think we have a good shot at sweeping 2 of them if we play well. Again though we have a long ways to go. Just need to take it step by step. I won't be too pissed if we lose a game like in Manhattan. Of course it would be a huge win, but any conference game is a huge win.

Back