Kadeem Green

I have never heard of him, but it looks like a possibility, DM.

Hmmm, VCU is in on him that combined with the Peters commitment makes me think Capel has been scouting Canada for awhile.

Let's be honest. There are going to be players shown the door. I'm not going to speculate who, because I don't know. Those players will probably give their scholly to a kid like this.

Capel doesn't seem like that kind of coach.

Let's be honest. There are going to be players shown the door. I'm not going to speculate who, because I don't know. Those players will probably give their scholly to a kid like this.
Call me naive, but I don't see Capel as the type of coach who runs players off, unless they have major disciplinary issues.

We've had kids leave every year he's been here. It's not a shot on his character, but the nature of basketball in every program. Especially withthe 5-4 rule out the door. Kids see the writing on the wall.

We've had kids leave every year he's been here. It's not a shot on his character, but the nature of basketball in every program. Especially withthe 5-4 rule out the door. Kids see the writing on the wall.

I think there is a fine line between "showing a kid the door" and letting them know the situation.

Personally, I don't feel like Capel so much hustles kids out for new kids, but I'm sure he makes it no secret that playing time could be less if the player in question does not rise to the occasion. That is the nature of basketball. That is why some kids who leave don't leave acrimoniously; Capel just doesn't beat around the bush about those things, or punt someone out just because someone better came along.

That is what I think.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the kids leave ala Tony Neysmith where it is the kid's decision/mutual but I don't think any kid is going to be shown the door ala Matt Pilgrim at Kentucky.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the kids leave ala Tony Neysmith where it is the kid's decision/mutual but I don't think any kid is going to be shown the door ala Matt Pilgrim at Kentucky.

^
This

I don't think Capel is the type of coach who would pull a kid's scholarship to make room for someone else. I do believe we may see more players transfer, though. Recruits don't typically sign with a school to sit the bench, and that is exactly what will happen if our coaches continue to recruit at a high level.

Hmmm, VCU is in on him that combined with the Peters commitment makes me think Capel has been scouting Canada for awhile.

And Wright transferred to OU from UCLA. I bet you are right. In fact, I bet that was one of Jeff's strategies at VCU, grab some overlooked talent from Canada.

Call me naive, but I don't see Capel as the type of coach who runs players off, unless they have major disciplinary issues.

I hope Jeff Capel is not a coach that would force a transfer so long as the kid is staying out of trouble, going to class and working hard; however, an honest coach should be willing to tell kids if they ask what the future looks like. If Tony Neysmith (for example and only because he left) ask Capel what he thought and Jeff said right now you have a ways to go because of X, Y and Z and then Tony decides to transfer for pt, I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact, I would hope Capel is honest (within reason - you don't want all your depth transfering out)

And let's be straight up. This is not High School Pom Pom. It's Big Twelve Basketball Brother. Not intramurals. If a guy like Neysmith can't shoot or run the point, then OU is not the place for him. If guys like Maze and Patillo can't go to class, then OU is not the place for them.

Back