Kansas State

Syb, please, answer my original point.

TT is far from perfect. But what my point was is that Gabbi hasn't improved much, if at all, either. Both have the same problems and attributes they had when they started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that Gabbi has improved as much as I had hoped. But, she has improved. At first, she was easy to trap and had to learn not to dribble into traps. That took about half a season. She originally had some free throw problems. But, she became one of our best free throw shooters.

Occasionally, both Gabbi and TT make a brilliant pass. But, just as often, they make a really lazy pass which gets stolen, and neither has learned not to do that. TT has never learned to shoot free throws which is unacceptable for a ball-handler. We have a very unique situation with her at the end of a close game. We have to take her out on offense because they play "Hack-a-TT" on her, or they did until Sherri began to take her out late in games. How often is TT on the floor in the last two minutes?

Both tend to dribble into a crowd underneath. Sherri is under the impression that Gabbi learned her lesson. TT demonstrated that she hasn't. TT lost two passes in a very short amount of time against K-State by simply getting where she shouldn't have been and passing stupidly out of it. Yet, both TT and Gabbi made some beautiful passes underneath the basket to Maddie or Vivi.

TT is pretty good if there is a chance to steal the ball out front. She is in trouble if they take her inside: short and not that strong. A set offense stalls with TT. Gabbi has learned to operate with Nancy. She isn't as good at getting the ball inside and moving, as she did to set up that last three, as she should be. Her shooting does disturb her. I don't know that TT has done anything about free throws.

I see Gabbi as an asset in a close game at the end. I see TT as a liability in that same game.

I think that is a pretty fair assessment. I disagree a bit. I don't see TT as a liability late in the game. Also remember TT is playing about 8 minutes les than Gabbi per game.

Overall, I think they are pretty even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that Gabbi has improved as much as I had hoped. But, she has improved. At first, she was easy to trap and had to learn not to dribble into traps. That took about half a season. She originally had some free throw problems. But, she became one of our best free throw shooters.

Occasionally, both Gabbi and TT make a brilliant pass. But, just as often, they make a really lazy pass which gets stolen, and neither has learned not to do that. TT has never learned to shoot free throws which is unacceptable for a ball-handler. We have a very unique situation with her at the end of a close game. We have to take her out on offense because they play "Hack-a-TT" on her, or they did until Sherri began to take her out late in games. How often is TT on the floor in the last two minutes?

Both tend to dribble into a crowd underneath. Sherri is under the impression that Gabbi learned her lesson. TT demonstrated that she hasn't. TT lost two passes in a very short amount of time against K-State by simply getting where she shouldn't have been and passing stupidly out of it. Yet, both TT and Gabbi made some beautiful passes underneath the basket to Maddie or Vivi.

TT is pretty good if there is a chance to steal the ball out front. She is in trouble if they take her inside: short and not that strong. A set offense stalls with TT. Gabbi has learned to operate with Nancy. She isn't as good at getting the ball inside and moving, as she did to set up that last three, as she should be. Her shooting does disturb her. I don't know that TT has done anything about free throws.

I see Gabbi as an asset in a close game at the end. I see TT as a liability in that same game.

This is again the only thing we disagree on.

I would say to me- who's the greater liability depends on who's running the point for the other team. If it's weseman or somebody similar I'll take Gabbi for sure. If it's McCarty- or Washington- I'd definitely need TT in. I don't think ethier of them can guard Jones, but TT is definitely the best option. I wish that wasn't the case because Gabbi can hit Huge shots, and she's provin that multiple times. But she gives up 20 a game to anybody decent.. TT on the other hand is a very good defender. They are yin and yang- but at least we have the luxury of options..

Back