Looks like James Anderson still cant create...

thebigabd

Reaction score
"James Anderson didn’t play up to the expectations he created with his excellent sophomore season at Oklahoma State, but was taken onto the roster based on his terrific catch and shoot ability. After a slow start, he emerged as one of the more reliable perimeter shooters on the team in terms of spotting up with his feet set, but beyond that he seemed to struggle. Anderson’s ball-handling skills are still very much a work in progress, and in a setting like this where there are no plays called for him and the spacing is often poor, he is mostly ineffective. His drives looked wild and he seemed to turn the ball over frequently when forced to put the ball on the deck."

http://www.draftexpress.com/article...r-National-Teams-Tryouts-Top-Performers-3274/

If he could he'd be in the NBA already. I'll still keep him though.

If he could he'd be in the NBA already. I'll still keep him though.

He should have gone. Weak draft and he is not going to have a guy like Eaton to make him look good next year.

This is what Ford has the guys working on. After the season he had Page, Obi, Sid and Anderson in his office to talk to them about this very thing. Anderson was good at getting to the line last year and creating opportunities that way.

I could see where Dowell might get the nod at the point. He is the best distributor of the ball.

This is what Ford has the guys working on. After the season he had Page, Obi, Sid and Anderson in his office to talk to them about this very thing. Anderson was good at getting to the line last year and creating opportunities that way.

I could see where Dowell might get the nod at the point. He is the best distributor of the ball.

I saw Dowell play several times. I don't think he has the quickness to draw double teams like Eaton did. I also was not impressed by Dowell's ability to get his scorers good opportunities- Franklin, Williams, Jones, Washburn. I noticed that he often delivered the ball low or high on passes. This is my pet peeve about PGs.

Steve Nash for example almost always delivers the ball for jump shooters on their hip or between their waist and shoulders. The % goes way up when you get a pass like this compared to a pass you have to catch below your knees. Ford being a PG should be able to correct this but old habits die hard especially in pressure situations.

I am going to be surprised if Dowell is a good college player. Hopefully, Penn will be big for you guys.

I'm concerned with Penn falling behind the curve a bit. He is not playing in the pick up games. I think that any chemistry that is developed will be crucial with three true Freshmen vying for the PG slot.

I like James Anderson. I think he'll be fine. Lots of guys have disappointing summers for various reasons. I think he'll be fine.

Anderson would've gone between 8 and 15, IMO.

I think it was a mistake not to come out on his part. James Harden and DeRozan were the only sizeable, talented SGs in the draft and they benefited by going 3rd and 9th (I think DeRozan went 9th), there was also Gerald Henderson who's a 2-3 that Anderson should've been chosen prior to.

Next season, there could be more SGs with size to compete with:
X Henry
Avery Bradley
Paul George
Evan Turner
--All 6'6" plus

Then there are the combo 1-2s like WW that will go ahead of him. When next year seems to be the "Year of the 3-4-5s" you better be one of the top few SGs to ensure being a lottery selection.

Anderson would've gone between 8 and 15, IMO.

I think it was a mistake not to come out on his part. James Harden and DeRozan were the only sizeable, talented SGs in the draft and they benefited by going 3rd and 9th (I think DeRozan went 9th), there was also Gerald Henderson who's a 2-3 that Anderson should've been chosen prior to.

Next season, there could be more SGs with size to compete with:
X Henry
Avery Bradley
Paul George
Evan Turner
--All 6'6" plus

Then there are the combo 1-2s like WW that will go ahead of him. When next year seems to be the "Year of the 3-4-5s" you better be one of the top few SGs to ensure being a lottery selection.

Maybe he'll stay for his senior year then and be our Shane Battier

Back