MBB Portal Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was brought up earlier in the season, but does anyone have any insight if Hausen at Villanova is still thinking about leaving? And if he does is he someone we would go after hard? He’s shooting 43% from 3 but he’s not getting many minutes. I have no idea about his defense or athleticism.

I think he was brought up earlier in the season, but does anyone have any insight if Hausen at Villanova is still thinking about leaving? And if he does is he someone we would go after hard? He’s shooting 43% from 3 but he’s not getting many minutes. I have no idea about his defense or athleticism.

i think he is someone OU would be very interested in

I'm afraid Moser's style is going to make it extremely hard to get the guys the team needs.

I'm afraid Moser's style is going to make it extremely hard to get the guys the team needs.

Especially out of the Portal. Think about it, it's a meticulous style on both sides of the ball. That can't be overly appealing to a kid looking to transfer in for a year or two and make an immediate impact.

Noland's mom isn't wrong, although it's not a good look to say it on social media for the world to see. During a game in which our guards were giving us nothing, PM decided to not even give CJ a single minute to see if he could provide a spark. Although Jacob Groves got 22(!) minutes. Also, in a game in which we were less athletic at every position Bam never saw the floor. It makes no sense.

It makes sense to me.
Noland hasn't given you anything in a month.
Bam - hate to say it, but guys the dude can't play! He's a freak athlete that can't play. Doesn't know how to defend and is a spacing nightmare on the offensive end. Can't shoot, just unpredictable.
Jacob Groves - Hasn't done much the last month either, but he gives you length and someone that gives you hope at least while shooting 3s.

We legit missed on Bam, Noland was a huge disappointment and Groves was a miss or I think can play, but as our 8th guy, not a starter in this league. We needed one more legit average guard/wing that could go this year.

Some you guys have no clue.

Mom and dad are idiots. They played D1 athletics. They know better.

If the kid doesnt deserve to play, just because we are losing... you dont put him in. If you cant produce in 10 starts, and not trying in practice. you dont put him in.

Jacob is not the answer but if he does everything you ask of him and noland doesnt... why would you play noland? up 20 or down 20...

If the kid doesnt deserve to play, just because we are losing... you dont put him in. If you cant produce in 10 starts, and not trying in practice. you dont put him in.

Jacob is not the answer but if he does everything you ask of him and noland doesnt... why would you play noland? up 20 or down 20...

I'm not the coach that got embarrassed three times by our in-state rival who will barely make the dance. Maybe I'm not the one that doesn't have a clue.

Well said.

If we have evidence that Noland has a bad attitude and doesn't try in practice then I will change my opinion.

If we have evidence that Noland has a bad attitude and doesn't try in practice then I will change my opinion.

Im sure you arent as smart as anyone on the staff....

But...

Why would he not play him? He wants to lose? He wants to have a losing record? He wants to lose to osu for a 3rd time?

Or...

Maybe he doesnt deserve it. Maybe he hasnt earned it. Maybe he's acting like a jackass like his parents...

Last edited:

But...

Why would he not play him? He wants to lose? He wants to have a losing record? He wants to lose to osu for a 3rd time?

Or...

Maybe he doesnt deserve it. Maybe he hasnt earned it. Maybe he's acting like a jackass like his parents...

Maybe Blunder Moser is vindictive and petty and/or dumb and didnt even consider it.

Im not a noland fan but the truth is nobody knows.

I bet you're prolly right tho. Dude possibly mailed it in, itd be hard not to..

Last edited:

But...

Or...

Or Maybe PM is a moron.

Looked to me like Sherfield mailed it in last night as well.

We have plenty of evidence that Noland wasn't able to produce at this level. What did he do that makes you think he SHOULD be on the floor?

CJ shot 35.7% from the field, 23.6% from 3, he had 20 TOs to 15 assts in 14.2 mpg

in comparison

Jacob Groves shot 43.8% from the field, 38.1% from 3, 27 TOs and 26 assts in 19.6 mpg

But...

Or...

He didn't produce while in. Then mom and dad go crazy on twitter, I would have stopped playing him too

But...

Or...

No coach wants to lose. But that doesn't mean there aren't bad coaches. Maybe Moser simply isn't good at evaluating players. Maybe he gets locked into decisions and is too slow to adjust. I think CJ was awful this season and was glad he was taken out of the rotation down the stretch. But given hos poorly we played last night, it wouldn't have been crazy to run him out there for three or four minutes -- if he makes a shot or two, great. If not, pull him. I think his mom was wrong to go on social media as often as she did, but that's a separate issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back