MBB Portal Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Noland announced his decision to leave yet?

Bob P. at SS said not to expect much this weekend because the team is still practicing just in case they get invited to the NIT.

Please don’t take this to mean that I think they will get invited to the NIT.

Bob P. at SS said not to expect much this weekend because the team is still practicing just in case they get invited to the NIT.

Please don’t take this to mean that I think they will get invited to the NIT.

Gotcha, 2 games under .500? Has that ever happened?

Gotcha, 2 games under .500? Has that ever happened?

Nope, and won’t happen with us. I can’t imagine the guys having to practice right now for no reason. I’d bet most of them just want to be done.

Nope, and won’t happen with us. I can’t imagine the guys having to practice right now for no reason. I’d bet most of them just want to be done.

Maybe so, but that's certainly not what guys like Grant and Tanner have been saying publicly.

OU should get an NIT nod. Why? OU is one of the best 32 teams not in the field of 68. With a record under .500? Yes, even with their current record. Some will disagree here but eh, I'm not going to argue. To each their own.

That said, I've read some NIT bracketologists and none of them are listing OU in their predictions. Though the NIT did away with the .500 rule, as we know, they haven't yet added a team with a record under .500. I wouldn't expect OU to be the first. Ohio State, if they lose to Purdue today, will also challenge the rule change.

Going to the CBI would be ridiculous. I hope that's not being discussed. It would much smarter to start the offseason/roster transformation stage.

OU should get an NIT nod. Why? OU is one of the best 32 teams not in the field of 68. With a record under .500? Yes, even with their current record.

That said, I've read some NIT bracketologists and none of them are listing OU in their predictions. Though the NIT did away with the .500 rule, as we know, they haven't yet added a team with a record under .500. I wouldn't expect OU to be the first. Ohio State, if they lose to Purdue today, will also challenge the rule change.

Going to the CBI would be ridiculous. I hope that's not being discussed. It would much smarter to start the offseason/roster transformation stage.

yep i am also on the NIT yes CBI/CIT/ whatever no train

yep i am also on the NIT yes CBI/CIT/ whatever no train

I can't believe that I'm against post season play, but I'm on the "get your ass to work in the portal train" so there can be no excuses for next year from Blunder Moser

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/portal_updates/status/1634625737452843012[/TWEET]

From Chicago.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/tobias_bass/status/1634642418569039873[/TWEET]

Shot 18% from 3P. :(

Last year I was fine with the NIT and even was mildly looking forward to those games (I went to the first one). This year? Nah. Hopefully the NIT spares us.

I really think this is a moot point. Can’t imagine we will get invited. Also … it’s funny that some of the posters who defend Moser say that he didn’t have a lot of time to hit the portal two years ago since he wasn’t hired til early April. If you honestly think that put him behind, then why would we want to play a meaningless postseason game or two? Los and Oweh will probably be the only rotation guys from this team back next season, assuming they don’t portal. It’s not like a few extra practices and an early NIT loss will help build any momentum for next season. Just get on with trying to find several players who are good enough to help us compete with our conference opponents next season.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JamieShaw5/status/1634689686659645440[/TWEET]

-----

Talented kid out of Port Arthur, TX. Top 100 (dependent on the service/ranking) kid in the '22 class. OU never offered.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/portal_updates/status/1634690288504406017[/TWEET]

I really think this is a moot point. Can’t imagine we will get invited. Also … it’s funny that some of the posters who defend Moser say that he didn’t have a lot of time to hit the portal two years ago since he wasn’t hired til early April. If you honestly think that put him behind, then why would we want to play a meaningless postseason game or two? Los and Oweh will probably be the only rotation guys from this team back next season, assuming they don’t portal. It’s not like a few extra practices and an early NIT loss will help build any momentum for next season. Just get on with trying to find several players who are good enough to help us compete with our conference opponents next season.

some off us just like watching OU basketball

Last year I was fine with the NIT and even was mildly looking forward to those games (I went to the first one). This year? Nah. Hopefully the NIT spares us.

I was all about the NIT last year. I wanted to win the dang thing. I was so off put by Goldwire's play and the rumors afterward that he didnt even wanna be in the games..

All in for watching OU play in the NIT. Good for the players that stay and for those who graduate. It has little or no impact on working the portal.

Besides his profile pic, Joe Bam cleared his instagram from anything OU-related. Last year's commitment post, for example, gone.

I haven't been monitoring his IG intently so I don't know exactly when he did the clearing...I do remember seeing OU stuff a couple of weeks ago though. I think, anyway, lol.

I'm not sure how he can transfer at this point because everything you read says the NCAA is not going to be as waiver-friendly for 2+ time transfers. But man, a separation seems best for everyone.

Top 50 prospect in the '22 class. Only played in 13 games this season. From Los Angeles.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1634948411140227072[/TWEET]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back