NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

@BoulderSooner Could we have a thread devoted to the NBA playoffs (maybe even one on the NBA board)? I keep clicking here thinking there's news about a Sooner in the NBA, but no...
i mean some one can start another thread on the nba board ... but this thread is for all NBA talk including but not limited to OU players .

Buddy with some big shots to keep Philly close that quarter. They were down double digits.

Buddy only had 7 points but they were pretty big points to start their run to make this close. He also had 6 assists. Philly wins and will play the Knicks as the 7 seed.

Big collapse for the heat. I hope they pull more playoff wizardry and take down Boston in the first round. I think Philly will be favored in the first round as the 7 seed. Has that ever happened before in a 2/7 matchup?

Big collapse for the heat. I hope they pull more playoff wizardry and take down Boston in the first round. I think Philly will be favored in the first round as the 7 seed. Has that ever happened before in a 2/7 matchup?
Embiid at 70% is probably still the best player on the court. Lakers were favored over the Grizzlies last year I think. Brunson is playing out of his mind right now though. Not sure it's a clear difference there.

I remember when I legitimately thought the hawks may come out on top of the luka-TY trade

Trae is obviously a very good player, but he really hasn't improved since his second year in the NBA. I was hoping he would have developed into a good outside shooter (as opposed to a streaky one), and become at least an average defensive player. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Draft Day trade. Regardless, I'll keep rooting for him like I have done every other NBA Sooner since the days of Gar Heard - yes, I'm old :) .

Reaves and Buddy may be on the brink after going down 0-2.

Lakers just have no bench vs Denver.

Philly may have a chance but Embiid is clearly like half as good as he normally is.

Reaves and Buddy may be on the brink after going down 0-2.

Lakers just have no bench vs Denver.

Philly may have a chance but Embiid is clearly like half as good as he normally is.

My Lakers lost a tough one after being up 20 early in the third quarter. Yes, a poor bench is not helping...thought Dinwiddle would have made more of an impact. Austin R has been okay, but not what he was last year in the postseason. The bottom line is they are playing against a better team. A lot has to go right to beat a better team in a 7-game series.

It hasn't been easy watching Buddy. He's a much better player than what we have seen in the first two postseason games...playing time diminishing since he is not looking for his shot. The Sixers need the guy who is #22 all-time in 3-point shots made...to make a few 3-point shots.

My Lakers lost a tough one after being up 20 early in the third quarter. Yes, a poor bench is not helping...thought Dinwiddle would have made more of an impact. Austin R has been okay, but not what he was last year in the postseason. The bottom line is they are playing against a better team. A lot has to go right to beat a better team in a 7-game series.

It hasn't been easy watching Buddy. He's a much better player than what we have seen in the first two postseason games...playing time diminishing since he is not looking for his shot. The Sixers need the guy who is #22 all-time in 3-point shots made...to make a few 3-point shots.
we really needed to close that out and get the W last night .. can't let games like that slip away vs Denver

Reaves had 22 points 5 rebounds 3 assists. But the Lakers couldn't get anything from Russell. LeBron and Davis did well of course but not enough to beat Denver.

Reaves had 22 points 5 rebounds 3 assists. But the Lakers couldn't get anything from Russell. LeBron and Davis did well of course but not enough to beat Denver.

I knew before the series started that Russell would have to play at a near All-Star level (which he is capable of) for the Lakers to have any chance. It looks like a sweep is coming.

I'm sad for Buddy that he has been taken out of the rotation with only 4 minutes played last night. His confidence appears to be shot. I think he is a free agent after this season. If so, he obviously won't be re-signing with Philly.

Eff the lakers.

All that hoopla around lebron and all they have to show for it is one asterisk championship in the Covid year. LOL

Eff the lakers.

All that hoopla around lebron and all they have to show for it is one asterisk championship in the Covid year. LOL
Will the Celtics finally finish? Soon the same will start to be said about Tatum/Brown...;);)

Back