NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Hawks ended up taking a beating in the lottery with 3 teams jumping, so they ended up with the 8th and 10th picks instead of 5 and 7 (and 7 could have been higher). At least they didn't lose the Mavs pick.

Tonight wasn't a good night for all the sports conspiracy theorists. I'm just so glad we don't have to listen to nonstop hype about Zion in NY or LA. It is too bad Atlanta didn't have better luck but they should still be able to add two nice players.

Really sucked for Atlanta.. I'm hoping for Reddish and Hayes/Clarke.. I've seen in several Mock drafts the Hawks take Doumbouya. I don't really know how much of an impact those players could or would make in the pros right away. Would it make sense to package both picks and move up to 4 or 5 if they could? Trade both picks for a solid veteran?

Really sucked for Atlanta.. I'm hoping for Reddish and Hayes/Clarke.. I've seen in several Mock drafts the Hawks take Doumbouya. I don't really know how much of an impact those players could or would make in the pros right away. Would it make sense to package both picks and move up to 4 or 5 if they could? Trade both picks for a solid veteran?

Nah, use the picks. Trading for a veteran rarely works out, and you're more likely to hit on two draft picks than 1, even if the 1 is a few spots higher.

It's okay if they're not helpful right away -- maybe even preferred. That just means they'll be back in the lottery next year. Trae is going to be a Hawk for a long time, so there's no rush. I like guys like Reddish, Hayes, Doumbouya, and Bol. Hit on one of the two to pair with Trae and Collins, and take another shot in the lottery next year.

if they could end up with bol and reddish that would be a great draft at 8/10

Hawks just added 2 more first rounders. They're looking like one of the more promising franchises. They'll likely have 2 max slots open over the next 1-2 years.

I like what they are doing for the future.. Bazemore and Crabbe will be off the books after next season, so hopefully they can pay Collins and bring in a big free agent after next season.

It sounds like Atlanta should have about 80M in cap room next year. Not sure they'll be able to utilize all that space, though. I don't see many natural fits for them in UFA next year. Might eat some more bad salaries or overpay for some RFAs. Maybe they force SAC to max out Buddy?

It sounds like Atlanta should have about 80M in cap room next year. Not sure they'll be able to utilize all that space, though. I don't see many natural fits for them in UFA next year. Might eat some more bad salaries or overpay for some RFAs. Maybe they force SAC to max out Buddy?

They’re in the East. You don’t have to add much to be playoff contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking they may pursue Buddy as well.. Trae, Buddy, Huerter/Reddish or Hunter at the 3. Really depends if Huerter or Reddish are real legit starters in the league. Go out and trade for Drummond or Blake Griffin lol..

I've been thinking they may pursue Buddy as well.. Trae, Buddy, Huerter/Reddish or Hunter at the 3. Really depends if Huerter or Reddish are real legit starters in the league. Go out and trade for Drummond or Blake Griffin lol..

Buddy is not available, nor does he fit next to Trae very well. You need elite defense to cover up for Trae, that's why they're drafting all these big athletic defenders.

Buddy is not available, nor does he fit next to Trae very well. You need elite defense to cover up for Trae, that's why they're drafting all these big athletic defenders.

You don't know that. If he has a down year or gets injured, the Kings could absolutely hesitate to match a 4 year 127M deal. And putting a top five 3-point shooter alongside Trae (and Hunter, Collins, and Hayes) is an incredible fit.

You don't know that. If he has a down year or gets injured, the Kings could absolutely hesitate to match a 4 year 127M deal. And putting a top five 3-point shooter alongside Trae (and Hunter, Collins, and Hayes) is an incredible fit.

Like it or not, he's right about one thing. To be successful, you need a plus defender at the '2' to cover up for Trae on defense. And if you look at my past posts on Trae, you won't find anything negative. In this case, it is what it is.

Like it or not, he's right about one thing. To be successful, you need a plus defender at the '2' to cover up for Trae on defense. And if you look at my past posts on Trae, you won't find anything negative. In this case, it is what it is.

Don't get me wrong, a lock down defender at 2 would be nice, but I don't think Steph and Klay would be a couple of schmucks if Klay wasn't a good defender. Trae and Buddy would light it up together. They have some other guys that can pick up the slack defensively.

The 2 rarely cleans up the 1s mistakes, it’s usually the 3-5s that make up for blow bye’s, poor off ball concentration & P&R coverage. Just look at Portland, even though Lillard has stepped his defense up.

I never heard. Did Christian James get a free agent deal and/or a summer league contract? I figure he's the only one of the seniors from this past season who could.

Buddy is a solid defender in the league.. maybe not elite, but you just drafted a 3/4 that will be an incredible defender. Isn't this upcoming season buddy's last on his rookie contract? Or is he restricted? I'd be willing to bet Buddy will average 18-20 again and have plenty of offers from other teams.

Back