NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

It's a little bit off-topic for this thread, but Isaiah Cousins had 24 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds in SLC's G-League win over Iowa last night.

And while I'm off topic, when and why did the D-League become the G-League?

It's a little bit off-topic for this thread, but Isaiah Cousins had 24 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds in SLC's G-League win over Iowa last night.

And while I'm off topic, when and why did the D-League become the G-League?

Gatorade is the sponsor

Buddy can get his shot when he wants it now, and hes contributing in other areas as well. He'll be making a lot of money real soon.

38 points in 37 minutes for Blake today, 13 rebounds, 6 assists. Unfortunately, he was on his own: Just one teammate with double-digit points (Langston Galloway had 13).

Trae playing much, much better than I expected. Whatever happens, he's not going to be a bust, which is nice.

Trae playing much, much better than I expected. Whatever happens, he's not going to be a bust, which is nice.

exactly as I feel as well. I was worried he would be too slight physically to do what he does. very happy to see I was wrong.

The Kings got smoked by the Bucks yesterday, but Buddy had a decent game: 19 points, 4 rebounds and an assist.

The Pistons lost to the Heat tonight, but Blake had 24 points, 15 rebounds and 7 assists.

The Pistons lost to the Heat tonight, but Blake had 24 points, 15 rebounds and 7 assists.

he's SO dominant! OU has some of the better players in the NBA as its' alumni.

18-10 for Trae last night. 6 TO's. 0-7 from deep. He'll find that groove again.

28% on the year. Needs to shoot less. Don’t want to lose your teammates

28% on the year. Needs to shoot less. Don’t want to lose your teammates

I guess that would be the pessimistic view. Dude is scoring well and racking up tons of assists (I saw last night that he is the first Atlanta rookie in 32 years to have three straight games with 10+ assists). Don't think that would be the case if he is truly shooting too much. Trae isn't Buddy -- he is a streaky shooter and is unlikely to ever be a 40-45% three-point guy. Maybe he needs to slightly adjust the types of shots he is taking, or maybe 10 games or so isn't nearly enough time to make that determination. If anything, the fact that he is scoring so well despite struggling from deep is incredibly encouraging, since it shows he is finding other ways to score.

I guess that would be the pessimistic view. Dude is scoring well and racking up tons of assists (I saw last night that he is the first Atlanta rookie in 32 years to have three straight games with 10+ assists). Don't think that would be the case if he is truly shooting too much. Trae isn't Buddy -- he is a streaky shooter and is unlikely to ever be a 40-45% three-point guy. Maybe he needs to slightly adjust the types of shots he is taking, or maybe 10 games or so isn't nearly enough time to make that determination. If anything, the fact that he is scoring so well despite struggling from deep is incredibly encouraging, since it shows he is finding other ways to score.

He’s a great passer and keep playing that up as a facilitator instead of jacking up so many empty 3s every night

Once he’s proven to be a better shooter, let it fly

Don’t want another situation like last season where his teammates don’t even like him. Whether it be jealousy or whatever it’s not conducive to success

Man, some posters on this board are quick to point fingers at Trae. He has an off night from behind the arc, still scores 18 and has 10 assists and he's at risk of "losing his teammates."

Man, some posters on this board are quick to point fingers at Trae. He has an off night from behind the arc, still scores 18 and has 10 assists and he's at risk of "losing his teammates."

Nothing quick about it and it could even be his coaches telling him to jack them up

I just find it poor strategy for him to be shooting so many 3s, for multiple reasons

Back