NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Nothing quick about it and it could even be his coaches telling him to jack them up

I just find it poor strategy for him to be shooting so many 3s, for multiple reasons

Honest question -- how many Atlanta games have you watched? Trying to determine if a guy is shooting too often based solely on a box score is a difficult task. In today's NBA, teams don't want guards passing up open threes. If he is getting good looks, I don't think his teammates or coaches will be upset. If he is forcing a ton of shots, then perhaps what you say has some merit. Either way, it usually takes a while for rookies to figure that kind of thing out.

Honest question -- how many Atlanta games have you watched? Trying to determine if a guy is shooting too often based solely on a box score is a difficult task. In today's NBA, teams don't want guards passing up open threes. If he is getting good looks, I don't think his teammates or coaches will be upset. If he is forcing a ton of shots, then perhaps what you say has some merit. Either way, it usually takes a while for rookies to figure that kind of thing out.

I believe I’ve only watched 2 games. Vs Dallas shot selection was pretty good. But I’ve seen highlight of some misses that were ridiculously far out.

I just don’t want the team/league to turn on him.

I actually would be among the first to criticize him if I thought he was in error but after the 3 games I have seen him play as a Hawk this season I havent seen that to be a problem for him.

It's a little bit off-topic for this thread, but Isaiah Cousins had 24 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds in SLC's G-League win over Iowa last night.

And while I'm off topic, when and why did the D-League become the G-League?

pro (to me is after college ball)...so it's all good.

Good for him, hope he can get picked up

8 assists/2 turnovers tonight for Young, also +2

But shooting slump continues

Buddy leading the Kings with 24 at the end of 3rd but they’re trailing the Raptors

Buddy finished the game with 24 points, 4 Rebs., assists and a steal in a King’s loss.

Trae scored 15 points and added 4 Rebs and 8 assists in 112-107 loss to NY.

Blake had 20 points, 5 Rebs., 3 assists and a steal in a Detroit win over Orlando.

How many non Blue Bloods have three of the top 50 scorers in the NBA right now? I'm guessing there is only one. While it is obviously early in the season, I'll admit to never seeing that one coming.

How many non Blue Bloods have three of the top 50 scorers in the NBA right now? I'm guessing there is only one. While it is obviously early in the season, I'll admit to never seeing that one coming.

We owe all three of these guys a vote of thanks for the positive pub our basketball program has been getting lately. As you pointed out, I doubt if any non Blue Blood school has three players in the league on Blake, Buddy and Trae’s level right now. Definitely something to be proud of!

by my quick count (someone can check my numbers) only 8 colleges have 2 or more of the NBA top 50 scorers (i didn't limit it to eligible so this included love and westbrook)

Kentucky with 7
UCLA with 4
OU with 3

and UT UCONN Michigan tennessee and marquette with 2 ...

so yes OU is in very very good company

LOL they filled trey's car with hot buttered popcorn yesterday. it was actually very funny. I am glad to see him doing well in Atlanta.

Blake's Pistons and Trae's Hawks are facing off in Atlanta tonight.

16 points 5 assists 6 TOs for Trae

Blake only had 6 points but 9 assists and 9 rebounds. Detroit wins 124-109.

Betting on the Kings and against the Hawks has been a very lucrative endeavor so far this season.

Trae shooting better tonight 3/6 from 3

15/10 with about 7 minutes left

About 2inches from game winner over Tyson chandler and Bron.

Lebron gave him a friendly shove with a minute to play he was on fire.

Trae played well last night, and learned a valuable lesson about the athleticism of NBA players.

Honestly, games like that are perfect for the Hawks. Played a competitive game against a good team, and got the L in the loss column. It's doubly important this year since they want to maximize their pick, and they want to keep the Mavs out of the bottom 5 so that that pick conveys. If they can add one of the Duke guys in the draft this year, they are going to be in great shape.

Back