NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Buddy had 25 points, 2 assists and 4 rebounds in leading the Kings past the Thunder.

For me, all I wanted to see out of Trae was that he wouldn't be a bust, and he's not going to be. The shot will come.

I think he needs to cut down on his shooting. I think there is enough data out there to suggest that he really is not a good shooter. He has range, but besides that, he's average.

Of course he can improve with time, but imo he needs to cut down on his shots and focus on driving and dishing

I think he needs to cut down on his shooting. I think there is enough data out there to suggest that he really is not a good shooter. He has range, but besides that, he's average.

Of course he can improve with time, but imo he needs to cut down on his shots and focus on driving and dishing

he clearly is a very good shooter ... his shots will start to fall .. and for the hawks him learning them getting better and losing is exactly what they want ..

they likely will have 2 top 10 picks again next season ..

Trae ended up with 25 and 17. Still struggling with his shot. Definitely needs to get that turned around but I look at the bright side... impressive to put up those kind of numbers without finding his stroke yet.

he is actaully shooter far better from 2 than most thought he would he is above average in finishing at the rim ... (which is great for any rookie much less a 6'2 one)

fyi the guys with 25 and 15 in the last 40 years as rookies ... AI and KIDD end of list

he clearly is a very good shooter ..

I disagree.

He was a slightly above average college shooter and has been awful so far in the pros.

He does have tremendous range. Which suggests that shot selection may be part of the issue.

But he’s only 20 and will improve.

And Griffin scored 21 points with an additional 12 rebounds and 5 assists (he's averaging close to 5 assists/game).

Trae with 6 points 5 assists in a loss to Toronto.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Blake went off tonight. 37 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists. But the Pistons lost to the Rockets. He is going to be a starter for the all-star team in the east unless he gets hurt.

Buddy with 10 points, 4 assists, 7 rebounds half the way through the 4th quarter. Also has the highest +/- for what it's worth.

Blake went off tonight. 37 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists. But the Pistons lost to the Rockets. He is going to be a starter for the all-star team in the east unless he gets hurt.

Shot 6 of 9 from 3 point and goes 13 of 15 from the free throw line (31 of his 37 point total).

Friday
Houston vs Detroit
Boston vs Atlanta

Saturday
Sacramento vs Golden State

Sunday
Pheonix vs Detroit
Charlotte vs Atlanta
Utah vs Sacramento

Monday all 3 off

Tuesday
New York vs Detroit
Atlanta vs Miami

Wednesday
Atlanta vs Charlotte

Thursday
LA Clippers vs Sacramento

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Blake Griffin put the Pistons on his back and led them to a win over Houston. 28 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists

Trae was awful. 5 points 2 assists 2-7 shooting.

Young is starting to play his way out of a spot. Down to 22% from 3

Was a -35 tonight. Jeremy Lin was +15 and went for 19/10 off the bench

Of course they are probably wanting to try and lose

Blake is shooting 40% from 3
2.4/6.0 per game
Crazy transformation

I think it's a result of his marvelous work ethic

No doubt about it. It started at OU when he spent the summer in California running the sand dunes and working with a special trainer (can’t remember his name). Blake was an absolute beast that season, won NPOY honors.

He was a horrible free throw shooter several years back. Still not great, but he put in the time to be a lot better than he used to be. His transformation from a power only big to one that can hurt you with his perimeter shooting is really quite remarkable. Shows you what hard work can do.

No doubt about it. It started at OU when he spent the summer in California running the sand dunes and working with a special trainer (can’t remember his name). Blake was an absolute beast that season, won NPOY honors.

He was a horrible free throw shooter several years back. Still not great, but he put in the time to be a lot better than he used to be. His transformation from a power only big to one that can hurt you with his perimeter shooting is really quite remarkable. Shows you what hard work can do.

for pros in general I think the intense off-season kill yourself workouts started with none other than Jerry Rice. I mean there were obviously guys who played and kept themselves in shape. But Jerry Rice was the one who started those hyper-intense workouts out in Cali that attracted players from the NFL, NBA, NHL, and even rehabbing MLB guys. He would do the sandhills on the beach and run steps ... basically the whole Shute regimen from Vision Quest.

Pros in the off-season workout 3-4 hours a day, I think that wouldn't be hard to do. The thing that separates them is consistency, partying, laziness, attitude.

Back