NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

trae needs to keep working on that pick&roll with Alex Len. Alex has talent and Trae has some nifty ball-handling. That was the one thing other than some bazemore shots that looked worth a flip against OKC.

It's kind of ended up as I feared, as Luka is a superstar. I think Trae will become a good player in his own right, but Luka is gonna be an all-star for the next decade.

If Luka is a superstar, so is Trae. Look at their per 36 numbers...Considering the hawks got another pick in the deal, I do not think it was a bad trade for either team
https://www.basketball-reference.co...=doncilu01&idx=players#stats-per_minute::none

PPG
Trae:19.2
Luka:20

RPG
Trae:3.7
Luka:7.1

APG
Trae:9.4
Luka:4.6

FG%
Trae:46%
Luka:49%

3 pt%
Trae:25%
Luka:38%

So it isn't as lopsided as you guys make it out to be. Trae needs to find his shot and find more talent

If Luka is a superstar, so is Trae. Look at their per 36 numbers...Considering the hawks got another pick in the deal, I do not think it was a bad trade for either team

https://www.basketball-reference.co...=doncilu01&idx=players#stats-per_minute::none

PPG

RPG

APG

FG%

3 pt%

So it isn't as lopsided as you guys make it out to be. Trae needs to find his shot and find more talent

Mavs are playing well enough that the pick won’t be that high. Luka will be more consistent. However I think Trae has a higher upside. Question is will he reach it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PPG

RPG

APG

FG%

3 pt%

Trae is shooting 38% from the field, not 46% and is one of the 10 worst players in the league by net ratings. It's not remotely close.

Trae is shooting 38% from the field, not 46% and is one of the 10 worst players in the league by net ratings. It's not remotely close.

sorry, I accidently posted their 2pt%.

But to say it isn't remotely close is pretty ridiculous.

He isn't shooting well, and at this point, I'm not sure he will ever be a good shooter, but he is putting up numbers for a rookie that haven't been done in a long time on an awful team.

I think if you switched the two players on their respective teams, you may have a different opinion...

And I'm not even sure what you mean by net ratings.

blake is just so good. it's a joy to watch him play even if it is against OKC. he's hit shots with patterson, adams, westbrook, et al draped all over him. I love me some wayman but blake is the best player to ever play at OU.

Detroit can't defend Adam's though. Thunder may be playing the best basketball in the league.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Agreed, Luka does some things that don't show up in the stat sheet. Young is all stats. Then you talk about size, defensive potential & the gap widens. I am eager to see what TY can do with talent though.

Thunder may be playing the best basketball in the league.

I believe the same. They play excellent defense. every one of them is sooo long and they doggedly play those passing lanes. They just got Ferguson back and he could have been considered MVP of this game although he barely scored a point. defensive demon. He's done a great job spelling Andre Roberson.

PPG

RPG

APG

FG%

3 pt%

I think ATL better hit a home run with that pick.

I believe the same. They play excellent defense. every one of them is sooo long and they doggedly play those passing lanes. They just got Ferguson back and he could have been considered MVP of this game although he barely scored a point. defensive demon. He's done a great job spelling Andre Roberson.

They also don't turn it over a ton and are one of the best rebounding teams on offense. They haven't shot the ball well from 3 but outside of Russell shooting too many from deep they are still giving the right guys looks. Abrines, Grant, Patterson, Ferguson and George should all be shooting any open 3 IMO. They could be a little better offensively but they are elite defensively.

They haven't shot the ball well from 3 but outside of Russell shooting too many from deep they are still giving the right guys looks. Abrines, Grant, Patterson, Ferguson and George should all be shooting any open 3 IMO. They could be a little better offensively but they are elite defensively.

I actually would rather see them embrace their inside game like they have been. Granted, it mat be their undoing in the long run as teams pack it in like Detroit did last night and Denver did last time we played - but with their defense and working around the basket more their game travels so much better. Given that and a better 3pt% at home that may be the advantage they need to get over the hump in the playoffs.

Agreed, Luka does some things that don't show up in the stat sheet. Young is all stats. Then you talk about size, defensive potential & the gap widens. I am eager to see what TY can do with talent though.

luka is also a minus defender .... trae is shooing above average at the rim (very good for a rookie) and shooting mid 40% in spot up and dribble hand off 3's

he will be fine ..

luka is also a minus defender .... trae is shooing above average at the rim (very good for a rookie) and shooting mid 40% in spot up and dribble hand off 3's

he will be fine ..

That's why I said defensive potential, with his size & adjusting to an American style.

I think Trae will be fine too, I just see Doncic as better now & in the future.

If you've got access to it, you might want to check out the Kings game; Buddy's got 18 at the half.

If you've got access to it, you might want to check out the Kings game; Buddy's got 18 at the half.

Kings got up 46-13. No typo

Buddy only played 17 minutes, 20 points

Back