NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Big night for Trae in a close loss to the Mavericks. 24 points, 10 assists, 2 steals and just 2 turnovers.

A good night for Buddy in a win over Minnesota. 20 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block.

A very good night for Blake in a one-point loss to the Hornets. 26 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 block.

Last edited:
Big night for Trae in a close loss to the Mavericks. 24 points, 10 assists, 2 steals and just 2 turnovers.

A good night for Buddy in a win over Minnesota. 20 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block.

A very good night for Blake in a one-point loss to the Hornetes. 26 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 block.
Buddy had 5 3s.

A very good night for Blake in a one-point loss to the Hornetes. 26 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 block.

May be the best game I’ve seen Trae play since early last season. He wasn’t always splashy but he played under control the entire game. He made his team mates better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May be the best game I’ve seen Trae play since early last season. He wasn’t always splashy but he played under control the entire game. He made his team mates better.

He had a ridiculous game early this year when he put up 35 points, but this may have been his second-best all-around game of the year last night. You hit the nail on the head - he played "under control".

Sky mentioned the specifics above, but it was nice to see all three NBA Sooners go for 20+ points in the same night.

Buddy was 5-8 from 3-point land, but scored his 20 points in only played 26 minutes...not sure why. My only speculation is that the T-Wolves played a big lineup, but can't say for certain.

He had a ridiculous game early this year when he put up 35 points, but this may have been his second-best all-around game of the year last night. You hit the nail on the head - he played "under control".

Sky mentioned the specifics above, but it was nice to see all three NBA Sooners go for 20+ points in the same night.

Buddy was 5-8 from 3-point land, but scored his 20 points in only played 26 minutes...not sure why. My only speculation is that the T-Wolves played a big lineup, but can't say for certain.

Buddy got off to a slow start last night so he didn't play as many minutes in the first half as usual. And the Kings have a fairly deep rotation, so they tend to ride the hot hand on a given night. Buddy got it going late in the third and into the fourth. That really is a fun team to watch. I still don't expect them to end up making the playoffs, but they have proven me wrong so far by staying over .500 this long.

Buddy put someone on a poster last night as well. Teammates went nuts.

He only averages 30 per night. And that’s second most on the team behind Fox’s 32. They play a lot of bodies.

Goodness. I can't fathom anybody who watched the first half of our season last year saying this. Saying he isn't shooting well now is one thing, but to say he doesn't have potential is ludicrous.

He is how old? How long has he played basketball?
Is it possible he turns into a great shooter? Sure. But it doesn't happen very often when you have a guy drastically improve from a bad shooter to a great shooter.

He has great range. That doesn't make him a great shooter. He will be very streaky and his averages will probably be average for his career.

Is it possible he turns into a great shooter? Sure. But it doesn't happen very often when you have a guy drastically improve from a bad shooter to a great shooter.

He has great range. That doesn't make him a great shooter. He will be very streaky and his averages will probably be average for his career.

It actually happens pretty frequently but Trae has a long way to go.

Glad to see he’s been shooting it a little less lately.

It actually happens pretty frequently but Trae has a long way to go.

Glad to see he’s been shooting it a little less lately.

Exactly. It's actually very rare for guys not to improve their shot significantly once they are in the NBA. And I'd point out that he is now the age Buddy was as a college sophomore -- Buddy wasn't a good shooter till his junior year, and not a great shooter till he was a senior. So yeah, I don't think there is any reason to believe that Trae's first 25 or 30 games as a 20-year-old rookie are a sign that he is destined to be a low percentage shooter for his career.

A very good night for Blake in a one-point loss to the Hornets. 26 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 block.

It should be pointed out that Blake missed two huge FTs at the end of the game.

Yikes.

I don't have the NBA TV package, so I have only stats to go by.

It happens. Overall a solid game, but I assume he is extremely mad about those two. Plus, the Pistons blew a 10 point lead with a little over 6 minutes to go.

Also, I agree with Byron...Trae Young played a very composed game last night. Outside of the last two 3 point attempts that were essentially taken in desperation, Young shot the ball well and played under control with the ball in his hands. He was also trying on defense, which is obviously a plus.

This used to be where I introduced Jason Kidd. But there are so many other examples in the NBA now that I don't even feel the need to start. Do you think he has the shooting potential of Blake Griffin?

Kings had the Warriors beat. Up 10 with 3 minutes to go and Fox had a total meltdown and single-handedly puked it up.

Buddy scored 27 on 11/21

This used to be where I introduced Jason Kidd. But there are so many other examples in the NBA now that I don't even feel the need to start. Do you think he has the shooting potential of Blake Griffin?

Kids couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn when he was drafted. When the Mavs won the Championship he was deadly from 3. He is a prime example of a player that developed into a shooter

However for every Jason Kidd, there are probably 10 that never improved a lick.

yeah Kidd didnt shoot worth a flip in HS at Alameda or in college at Cal. even when drafted by the mavs he couldnt shoot. but he got better.

The stats definitely showed Kidd becoming a good shooter. For about the first half of Kidd's career(1997-2004) he was a 30% 3 point shooter or around there. He had one or two years that were outliers but mostly around 30-32% a few years under 30%. The last half of his career(2004-2013) he was around 35+% for the most part.

Back