NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

No right or wrong; to each their own. When it comes to Blake, Buddy and Trae, I’m looking at points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, FG/FG attempts and 3pt info. If I like what I see, the plus/minus could be -20 for all I care. If I had to click a link to see what the plus/minus was, I would never click it.

Plus 1

No right or wrong; to each their own. When it comes to Blake, Buddy and Trae, I’m looking at points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, FG/FG attempts and 3pt info. If I like what I see, the plus/minus could be -20 for all I care. If I had to click a link to see what the plus/minus was, I would never click it.

When it comes to cheering for individual players, I don't look at it much, either. I look at it more for the team I'm cheering for, and I prefer it more with multiple players. For instance, Lebron+Lonzo are +84 in 161 minutes and Lebron+Rondo are +3 in 52 minutes (completely made up numbers). That kind of research last year showed that despite his horrific shooting percentages, Lonzo was playing winning basketball as a rookie. Just looking at his stat line made a lot of people question him.

Triple Double for Blake in 3 quarters

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Sadly, he wound up with a quadruple-double. Another stat I look at but did not mention in my prior post was “turnovers”. I’m watching the NFL Monday night game and they were showing the NBA scores. They mentioned Blake became the 7th player in the past 35 years to record a triple-double and have 10 turnovers. And speaking of MNF, that Blake stat kind of reminded me what Adrian Peterson did two weeks ago. He had a 90 yard TD run...but did not rush for 100 yards in the game.

When it comes to cheering for individual players, I don't look at it much, either. I look at it more for the team I'm cheering for, and I prefer it more with multiple players. For instance, Lebron+Lonzo are +84 in 161 minutes and Lebron+Rondo are +3 in 52 minutes (completely made up numbers). That kind of research last year showed that despite his horrific shooting percentages, Lonzo was playing winning basketball as a rookie. Just looking at his stat line made a lot of people question him.

I’m a lifelong Lakers fan...and YES, I will look at that stat when it comes to them. That was a good way to compare the two scenarios. While I root for the Pistons, Kings, and Hawks when they’re not playing the Lakers, I’m more interested in the the three NBA Sooners playing well than their teams winning.

Sadly, he wound up with a quadruple-double. Another stat I look at but did not mention in my prior post was “turnovers”. I’m watching the NFL Monday night game and they were showing the NBA scores. They mentioned Blake became the 7th player in the past 35 years to record a triple-double and have 10 turnovers. And speaking of MNF, that Blake stat kind of reminded me what Adrian Peterson did two weeks ago. He had a 90 yard TD run...but did not rush for 100 yards in the game.

Except Peterson didn’t turn the ball over, just plays behind a JV o-line!

As a life-long Vikings fan, I can tell you a few things about Peterson

1. If you needed two yards, he'd get you three.
2. If you needed four yards, he'd get you three.

Yet he averaged 5 yards per carry

SOB is a warrior though. I'm afraid the modern NFL is not made for his strengths.

No doubt, but he was perfectly suited for the Redskins before all the OL/QB injuries hit. Cowboys would be another ideal fit if they weren’t already set at RB. It will be tough for him to find a fit in 2019. Needs a defensive-minded team with a strong OL.

It was careless how the Vikings completely neglected their OL in the draft (sans Kalil) for the better part of a decade. Peterson spoiled them into thinking they were adequate there. The Hutchinson, Birk, McKinney era came to a screeching halt.

Oops...looks like I inadvertently took this thread down the wrong path. My comparison to what AP and Blake did was both resulted in "mixed emotions".

The Pistons badly need a true PG so that Blake doesn't have to be in a position to record 11 assists while having 10 turnovers.

Sadly, he wound up with a quadruple-double. Another stat I look at but did not mention in my prior post was “turnovers”. I’m watching the NFL Monday night game and they were showing the NBA scores. They mentioned Blake became the 7th player in the past 35 years to record a triple-double and have 10 turnovers.
Ahh, the quadruple double. Westbrook had a few of those if memory serves. As did Harden.

This is where your +/- can take a hit. You're out there doing work on offense, but your ten turnovers could lead immediately to eight dunks. That 16 points right there in the blink of an eye.

Last year, or maybe even in his rookie season, Buddy had pretty abysmal numbers even on his better shooting nights. He was totally lost on defense, so he may have been allowing his man 20 while he posted his 16.

It's not the gospel of stats, but it can really clue you in to who is grinding away at the meat and potatoes of winning basketball. Loose ball here, solid screen there. Postman is getting his numbers from the staff, and if they're charting Doolittle as having great games then that sounds good to me. Six and six may not get your name on the marquee, but who cares as long as we're winning?

10 TOs seems like a wild number for a forward

I remember Dominique turning it over a bunch and his career high is 8. Barkley has 10 once, 9 once. Pippen had 12 twice, 9 four times. Malone had 10 twice.

Buddy had 17 pts. in the first 7 minutes last night on 6-7 from the floor, 4-4 from 3, and 1-1 from the line. But the Kings were getting massacred pretty much from the jump, so he and the rest of the starters didn't play at all in the second half and he ended up with 21. Would have been fun to see how many he would have scored had it been a close game and he played normal minutes.

Oklahoma basketball royalty attending OBA game last weekend
nwb_t1SBOcNRhaX4TtATzCaBzbkn_BJBae2mRKg8RkWQ_U8dWm3DFO1Uj0HRLfovl2sjs1wnvlkUvYvBW9kVAYz8tj9DneKqOngENNPYlRYY1ypSFW96Xh-vdUzJ_61lsWr_e3CXc7x8W6Thp71rm8N2V920fKTMKzhqcl4iNUiZTKr3dET5jBWuLvVQFz_jH2179H7D9DFizO0U9JZ1Fnm-n5TDuXzFjViMxvbboNDUp1AqIYWzzL2IqxdoLC4bBZntiNoYu3xA5A38m-TJNs7fLcx0cHj_3R4S3IorEhz7CMdENshiV7N3Wcwb3a7d28Sibt5fr_TeiBJmNtnxf33kZJRh_pwSwe1nvEwM_gmx0zNqD4a8kef-X-eEPCz0KtXGRg0lMhsnlfSmYZBp5CnZVbDaC5PQvT_FecSq2a_j7pVmx1yb6AeD3hdbRpLUYk_6WFFlUXrBi5I1oO6ik81ME3FHAYBp07Zj9EPkjv-UREsphvwj6AiV-spCEplKZ2fNTPxFVAjjAJ3geRURB5Sh7PSurCYRZ7azIy9a-khZHx4FQh4Zu8esA34mX4MKiHCiv_bdbWBVKqWh4Q_xSI8TqFQa6SeglZnZ4yyMoBaqfSlV9iQs6M1SV53dGBuXaMbGVbslCroCV4y4s-EdPRDL=w1140-h855-no

Trae had 19 points, 4 assists and 3 rebounds in the Hawks' win over the Wizards tonight.

As a life-long Vikings fan, I can tell you a few things about Peterson.

1. If you needed two yards, he'd get you three.
2. If you needed four yards, he'd get you three.
3. He was good for one soul-crushing fumble in every meaningful game he ever played.

SOB is a warrior though. I'm afraid the modern NFL is not made for his strengths, but he's been well compensated and will be another Sooner in Canton someday.

You threw a fit in every thread about moving the NBA discussion elsewhere, and now you're hijacking the NBA thread (that exists only because of you) to talk about the NFL?

Thunder-Kings is on NBA TV in just a few minutes--a treat for those who, like me, don't have NBA League Pass.

You threw a fit in every thread about moving the NBA discussion elsewhere, and now you're hijacking the NBA thread (that exists only because of you) to talk about the NFL?

That’s on me, not Sooner04. I was just using a “mixed emotions” comparison to Blake Griffin having a triple-double - but with 10 turnovers.

Blake had 34 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists in the Pistons' overtime win over the T-Wolves. And just 2 turnovers.

Ha! That's a fair point. I'll delete it.

:eek:ldwt356:

Buddy with a career high 37 tonight. 7/14 from 3

He’s so freaking good

Back