NBA- OU players and general (this thread only)

Is Anthony Bowie the last OU player to make a basket in the finals?

Is Anthony Bowie the last OU player to make a basket in the finals?

Probably...no OU player has been in the NBA Finals since him with Orlando about a quarter century ago. And you were correct with Gar Heard. That game against the Celtics may still be the greatest NBA Finals game of all time - Heard's shot sent it into a third OT. Of course, Alvan Adams was on that Phoenix team as well.

I don't know the answer to the other Clifford Ray trivia question when he was a student at OU. However, I did hear that he saved a dolphin's life at a waterpark because it was about to choke to death, and the vet was panicking because his arms weren't long enough to grab what was in the dolphin's throat...and it was Ray and his arms to the rescue.

Trae with 37 points 6 assists, 5 rebounds in a last second win by Atlanta over Toronto 121-120

Buddy with 20 points 7 assists, 6 rebounds and 5 threes in a win over Houston 125-105

I don't know much about the NBA All-Star process. Is it clear to those more knowledgeable than I am why Trae didn't get selected for this year's All-Star game?

I don't know much about the NBA All-Star process. Is it clear to those more knowledgeable than I am why Trae didn't get selected for this year's All-Star game?

"How does the NBA All-Star voting process work? The fan vote accounts for 50 percent of the total vote to determine the starters for the NBA All-Star Game. Current players and media members split the other 50 percent. Each ballot consists of two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference."

"How does the NBA All-Star voting process work? The fan vote accounts for 50 percent of the total vote to determine the starters for the NBA All-Star Game. Current players and media members split the other 50 percent. Each ballot consists of two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference."

For the bench, the 30 coaches vote for 2 guards, 3 font court players, and then any 2 other players from each conference

28 points 9 assists 1 steal for Trae
Buddy with 8 points 5 assists 4 rebounds
Hawks win 121-106

Hawks are unbeaten since replacing their coach.

Trae 14 points 6 assists but that was enough to beat the Cavs 100-82.

Buddy with a solid outing 23 points 6 rebounds 3 assists 2 steals. But the Kings find a way to lose to Charlotte 122-116

Trae with 13 points 14 assists in another Hawks win over the Rockets who are Crashing for Cunningham.

Hawks are going to be a pretty solid seed in the east at this point.

Trae with 13 points 14 assists in another Hawks win over the Rockets who are Crashing for Cunningham.

Hawks are going to be a pretty solid seed in the east at this point.
Nate McMillan is 6-0 since taking over for Lloyd Pierce as Hawks coach. Coincidence?

16 points 5 rebounds 3 assists for Buddy in a Kings last second win over the Wizards

Trae with 23 points 9 assists 6 rebounds and the Hawks beat the Thunder 116-93. Don't look now but the Hawks are 1 game from being the 4th seed in the East. They are going on an 8 game road swing. Next home game will not be till April 4th

Hawks win their 8th straight over the Lakers. LeBron got hurt early in the game but still another win. Trae 14 points 11 assists

LeBron has a high ankle sprain may be out for weeks.

Last edited:
Buddy had 22 points, 3 assists, 5 rebounds and two blocks in a win over the Celtics last night. He has 21 points in the third tonight against the 76ers, but the Kings are getting smoked.

Edit: Buddy finished with 25 points, 3 assists and 5 rebounds in the loss to the 76ers.

Last edited:
Back